Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

starting a hosting business 100% free for a year? possible?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

starting a hosting business 100% free for a year? possible?

fahim5001fahim5001 Member
edited June 2017 in General

okey, so i was just browsing the internet an scrolling through facebook until i came across "google cloud platform $300 credit trial" and it made me thinking, for a guy with open access to knowledge, can they see this as a opportunity? how hard can it be? anyone has the free time to try and let me along with any other curious mind know. i wanted to do this myself but wont be able to do alone.

basically without investing a penny (apart from the electricity cost of own computer and internet), I think its possible to do this thing. if anyone else finds oddly interest on such project then below for them i added what i thought can be a good business plan for a year.

• Getting a free niche domain. (ie: cheepuserfriendlyhosting.tk)
  • Getting a opensource basic html5 template to work on, or make something simple out of bootstraps temples. or maybe using wordpress with some kind of free billing/invoicing addon.

• Getting a invoice/billing solution. Box billing comes to my mind, as its free.

• Getting the free google cloud credit, making 1 or 2 vm's (since we got $300 free credit)
  • Creating a marketing scheme, like "managed wordpress hosting or managed magento hosting"
  • Stick to a free marketing plan such as posting on local ads site, adding additional service like web design/development might make it sell faster.
  • and before the 12month worth of trial ends, selling your customers to a bigger company (sounds mean, but happens in the industry, deal with it.)

well thats about it. i still think i am missing something :/
I would really like to know what you guys things about this plan? if enough people are interested then we can like make 2-3 different teams and work on this like a competition maybe.

i am really excited to see all the possibilities ^_^

peace,
FahimR.

Thanked by 1vovler

Comments

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Just a quick tip: aws, azure, i think even google will charge your for bandwidth separatly. Read the fine prints and dont tread in unmarked territory:)

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2017

Managed Hosting for free? Not gonna happen. Btw how would you step up to Wordpress.com Hosting (#"managed" #free) ? Who is gonna pay for "adding additional service like web design/development " ?

• rumi4rumi4 Member

Fehim,

Options are one thing and reality another. Imagination can do anything.

• I mean this in the nicest way possible.

Don't. Find money then try. $10/yr reseller, use Blesta/WHMCS or code your own.

This idea benefits you how does it help your clients? You are openly wanting to tell your customers off.

• Its good if time is free. Time is not free however.

• U funny. Not even worth the warning I was about to get ...

• @rsk said:
    Just a quick tip: aws, azure, i think even google will charge your for bandwidth separatly. Read the fine prints and dont tread in unmarked territory:)

ok i was bit carried away after seeing Free. didnt knew that.

@Ympker said:
    Managed Hosting for free? Not gonna happen. Btw how would you step up to Wordpress.com Hosting (#"managed" #free) ? Who is gonna pay for "adding additional service like web design/development " ?

Its a vast market. and majority of people hires 3rd party to make and maintain their site. so its not impossible to get those leads.

@rumi4 said:
    Fehim,

Options are one thing and reality another. Imagination can do anything.

yeah, mind was just curious about this. after seeing "$300" free credit T_T

• It may be possible, but this is not how it works, please don't.

• @GenjiSwitchPls said:
    I mean this in the nicest way possible.

Don't. Find money then try. $10/yr reseller, use Blesta/WHMCS or code your own.

This idea benefits you how does it help your clients? You are openly wanting to tell your customers off.

okey, i get your point. there was few things i did not knew about google cloud before posting this.

@PremiumN said:
    Its good if time is free. Time is not free however.

sadly yes, time is money :(

@dotted said:
    U funny. Not even worth the warning I was about to get ...

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Wait until the OP finds out about freevps.us

A whole world of opportunity...