Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

low end colo
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

low end colo

what are some of the lower prices you guys have seen for hosting a single server/tower at a colocation?

Comments

• FDC, Dacentec, Continuum, Gorack

Cheap VPS - VPSDime

• What are your requirements? 1A? 1U? How much bandwidth?

Serving you the best VPS, Web hosting, dedicated servers and more - Cloud Shards | Query Foundry
      We operate the network AS62638 | Available in Syd AU and Dallas, Los Angeles and NYC USA
    • I'm thinking 1u 100mbps

• ZenZen Member

GoRack. $27.50 special.

@HostBalls

• where do you see this special?

• PatsPats Member

how u guys compare GoRack & Dacentec? in terms of connectivity(to Asia), support response ?

• WilliamWilliam Member, Provider
      edited July 2013

GoRack is certainly better connectivity wise.

• ZenZen Member

Bare in mind there is low end colo and then there is low end colo. You start paying $60 (fiberhub) for these good deals and you might as well bump your budget up and look a little higher. If you want low end, stay low end. And at that, GoRack is your best option. There are a few people have mentioned that can do colo for $20-$30 and GoRack certainly rises above them.

@HostBalls

• jhjh Member

econdc.com

Greetings of the day!!!!

edited July 2013

Does anyone know about EU -> US import taxes for servers in Nevada (Federal seems to have none, no issues to CHI)?
      Shipping by UPS.

• rds100rds100 Member

It would be cheaper to buy it in USA... Everything in EU is more expensive.

-

• NickGHNickGH Member

Dacentec Is great, they start at 30/month for a 1U and we use them for our current nodes. We have had no issues out of them. https://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/index.php?/cart/colocation/&step=0

Gauged Hosting | [email protected] | Latest LEB specials - HERE
    • onepoundonepound Member, Provider
      edited July 2013

US will always be cheaper for hardware/power/transit, this is good for UK with a generous 0.75amp included on 1U colo

Oops link is http://www.boxcolo.co.uk/

Thanked by 1Infinity
      OnePoundWebHosting• UK XEN VPS • PV & HVM
      • UK Shared & Reseller Hosting • Domains - Nominet TAG Holder • UK Ltd Company, Established 2006
    • InfinityInfinity Member, Provider
      edited July 2013

@jhadley said:
      econdc.com

Have you actually used it? That place looks terribly old and in a run-down area near Hillingdon.

I've spoken with that Suhail guy and Sal who both seem like good guys but I'd still be cautious.

• onepoundonepound Member, Provider

@Infinity said:
      I've spoken with that Suhail guy and Sal who both seem like good guys but I'd still be cautious.

Are colo customers still forbidden access to the DC floor there?

OnePoundWebHosting• UK XEN VPS • PV & HVM
      • UK Shared & Reseller Hosting • Domains - Nominet TAG Holder • UK Ltd Company, Established 2006
    • InfinityInfinity Member, Provider
      edited July 2013

@onepound said:
      Are colo customers still forbidden access to the DC floor there?

From what I was told last, yes, which is what made me check up their DC location. It looks like a bought out bunch of council properties. Never actually used them and don't plan on using them any time soon. Their excuse was that it's a budget service.

• @Infinity said:
      From what I was told last, yes, which is what made me check up their DC location. It looks like a bought out bunch of council properties. Never actually used them and don't plan on using them any time soon. Their excuse was that it's a budget service.

I've never bothered to search out the place on google maps before! It certainly seems quite scary as a colo location.

• Nothing bad to say about GoRack :)

@rds100 said:
      It would be cheaper to buy it in USA... Everything in EU is more expensive.

Certainly, but i have the HW already and as you said, it was not cheap ;)

• RadiRadi Member, Provider

homedatacenterproject.com

Dunno if its in the USA though.

4 GB RAM/90 GB SSD/4 TB Traffic/KVM/1 IPv4 for $7/mo only here with coupon code "LET-It-GO".

• +1 for GoRack.. Great group of guys and one of the most secure data centers you will see..

Last week I went there to install some new gear and when they opened the big gate to get into the parking lot one of the guards was standing in front of the guard shack with a AR-15... And when I left he was walking outside the fence with it when I was leaving... Oh and the pump shotgun behind the front reception desk...

Give Larry Ward a call and he would be happy to get you setup.

• @FtpIt_Radi Does the owner allow us to colo our own hardware there?

• RadiRadi Member, Provider

Contact him.

4 GB RAM/90 GB SSD/4 TB Traffic/KVM/1 IPv4 for $7/mo only here with coupon code "LET-It-GO".

• @Jeffrey said:
      FtpIt_Radi Does the owner allow us to colo our own hardware there?

Why would you want too...?

• @Spencer I was only asking because he posted the link pertaining to a thread about colocating hardware.

• RuneServerRuneServer Member, Disabled

Gorack +1, Amazing Support.

Bandwidth is as advertised, Never had an issue yet with them.

KVM VPS - Virtual Private Hosting Solutions. Specialized in Windows Hosting

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Top Provider

Ask @qps , they offer really cheap dedicated, so they may have cheap coloration.

HostUS | OpenVZ & KVM VPS in 10 worldwide locations with our own Breeze Panel!
      AS7489 | View our network | LIR Services - IPv4, IPv6, ASN | Latest Special Offers!

• fapvpsfapvps Member

Dacentec is awesome.

Fast Affordable Professional Virtual Private Servers
      No situation is too much of a handful for us. Let us give you a helping hand with this: FAPVPS Special Offers
    • IvanIvan Member

DataShack? Their colocation costs are only $45/month for a single mid tower or a rack server (up to 4U).

• @Ivan said:
      DataShack? Their colocation costs are only $45/month for a single mid tower or a rack server (up to 4U).

Any bread rack colocation is about as "low-end" as one can get

Thanked by 1doughmanes

Contractually bound by a verbal non-disclosure agreement

• VolumeDrive?

• dnwkdnwk Member

@Jeffrey said:
      VolumeDrive?

Is VolumeDrive at BURST.net's DC?

Designers: www.linkun.info

• IshaqIshaq Member, Provider

@dnwk said:
      Is VolumeDrive at BURST.net's DC?

Indeed.

[BudgetNode] DDoS Protected. 7 Locations (US/EU). Check out our latest offer!
    • @dnwk Yes, but they are also in GoRack in Jacksonville, FL

No, they backhaul to them.

• There is also Oplink, I think they are around $40. I haven't used them, but have only heard good things.

• JackJack Member, Provider

@jeffrey they moved out of jv.

• @Jack said:
      jeffrey they moved out of jv.

I think more of kicked out

edited July 2013

@Spencer said:
      I think more of kicked out

Nope, they moved out without telling GoRack thats why it was done within a 72 hour period...

Email on Thursday, Moved on Saturday.

• Dacentec sucks. Almost done with my RTO and ever since that company bought them out, the network has gone baaaaaaaad lately. The only reason I'm around is a few more months of that RTO and I'm gonna GTFO then ship the server to GoRack

How to clean up a questionable reputation: throw the kids some BF/CM offers.

@doughmanes said:
      Dacentec sucks. Almost done with my RTO and ever since that company bought them out, the network has gone baaaaaaaad lately. The only reason I'm around is a few more months of that RTO and I'm gonna GTFO then ship the server to GoRack

I can see a lot of people doing that tbh, cheapest colo I have found is GoRack, network is decent too for the price.

• i have been using for 1 year + oplink.net. the price i got is $40/month 100mbit port, 1u, 1amp, unmetered ... works amazing. but it seems recently they upped the price to $80/month :( maybe you can negotiate it down a bit, but definitely they are a great company

http://speedtest.oplink.net

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
      edited July 2013

@Jack said:
      Email on Thursday, Moved on Saturday.

Safer to move out quickly when breaking contracts eh?

edited July 2013

@SkylarM said:
      Safer to move out quickly when breaking contracts eh?

Yup the guy at GoRack said:

1. VPS provider got multiple /30's nullrouted before created issues with our network.
      2. Provider pulled over one weekend while still understand contract.
      3. Bandwidth pricing was to high to purchase a higher amount.

I mentioned to them that I was aware of 2 provider that moved out from them...

One being VD and other being @KuJoe so I was a little concerned due to that and he said he couldn't name names but could give reasons.

I guess KuJoe was 1. and VD was 2, dno 3.

• @doughmanes said:
      Dacentec sucks. Almost done with my RTO and ever since that company bought them out, the network has gone baaaaaaaad lately. The only reason I'm around is a few more months of that RTO and I'm gonna GTFO then ship the server to GoRack

Got any more specifics on that? I was going to be buying one with them as soon as I see some stock.

Will shill for Pop-Tarts(must be strawberry flavour).

• So, besides worldstream, who are the cheap single-server colo providers in europe?

Contractually bound by a verbal non-disclosure agreement

• @Setsura said:
      Got any more specifics on that? I was going to be buying one with them as soon as I see some stock.

Dacentec aquired by Centrilogic

Published: 06/13/2013
      CentriLogic, a trusted provider of international hybrid hosting and data center solutions, has acquired North Carolina data center operator and hosting services provider Dacentec Inc. http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20130613-909587.html

How to clean up a questionable reputation: throw the kids some BF/CM offers.

• @doughmanes said:
      CentriLogic, a trusted provider of international hybrid hosting and data center solutions, has acquired North Carolina data center operator and hosting services provider Dacentec Inc. http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20130613-909587.html

No, I knew that part. I mean how has their network seemingly got worse? Do you have a before and after tracert maybe? Or can simply tell me if you see any differences in the routes?

Will shill for Pop-Tarts(must be strawberry flavour).