Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
low end colo
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

low end colo

what are some of the lower prices you guys have seen for hosting a single server/tower at a colocation?

«1

Comments

  • FDC, Dacentec, Continuum, Gorack

    Cheap VPS - VPSDime

  • What are your requirements? 1A? 1U? How much bandwidth?

    Serving you the best VPS, Web hosting, dedicated servers and more - Cloud Shards | Query Foundry
    We operate the network AS62638 | Available in Syd AU and Dallas, Los Angeles and NYC USA
  • I'm thinking 1u 100mbps

  • where do you see this special?

  • PatsPats Member

    how u guys compare GoRack & Dacentec? in terms of connectivity(to Asia), support response ?

  • WilliamWilliam Member, Provider
    edited July 2013

    GoRack is certainly better connectivity wise.

  • WilliamWilliam Member, Provider
    edited July 2013

    Does anyone know about EU -> US import taxes for servers in Nevada (Federal seems to have none, no issues to CHI)?
    Shipping by UPS.

  • rds100rds100 Member

    It would be cheaper to buy it in USA... Everything in EU is more expensive.

    -

  • NickGHNickGH Member

    Dacentec Is great, they start at 30/month for a 1U and we use them for our current nodes. We have had no issues out of them. https://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/index.php?/cart/colocation/&step=0

    Gauged Hosting | [email protected] | Latest LEB specials - HERE
  • onepoundonepound Member, Provider
    edited July 2013

    US will always be cheaper for hardware/power/transit, this is good for UK with a generous 0.75amp included on 1U colo

    Oops link is http://www.boxcolo.co.uk/

    Thanked by 1Infinity
    OnePoundWebHosting• UK XEN VPS • PV & HVM
    • UK Shared & Reseller Hosting • Domains - Nominet TAG Holder • UK Ltd Company, Established 2006
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Provider
    edited July 2013

    @jhadley said:
    econdc.com

    Have you actually used it? That place looks terribly old and in a run-down area near Hillingdon.

    I've spoken with that Suhail guy and Sal who both seem like good guys but I'd still be cautious.

    Cablestreet - London based ISP - Managed Solutions, Carrier Services, Colocation, Dedicated Servers, VMs, and more..

  • onepoundonepound Member, Provider

    @Infinity said:
    I've spoken with that Suhail guy and Sal who both seem like good guys but I'd still be cautious.

    Are colo customers still forbidden access to the DC floor there?

    OnePoundWebHosting• UK XEN VPS • PV & HVM
    • UK Shared & Reseller Hosting • Domains - Nominet TAG Holder • UK Ltd Company, Established 2006
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Provider
    edited July 2013

    @onepound said:
    Are colo customers still forbidden access to the DC floor there?

    From what I was told last, yes, which is what made me check up their DC location. It looks like a bought out bunch of council properties. Never actually used them and don't plan on using them any time soon. Their excuse was that it's a budget service.

    Cablestreet - London based ISP - Managed Solutions, Carrier Services, Colocation, Dedicated Servers, VMs, and more..

  • @Infinity said:
    From what I was told last, yes, which is what made me check up their DC location. It looks like a bought out bunch of council properties. Never actually used them and don't plan on using them any time soon. Their excuse was that it's a budget service.

    I've never bothered to search out the place on google maps before! It certainly seems quite scary as a colo location.

  • Nothing bad to say about GoRack :)

  • WilliamWilliam Member, Provider

    @rds100 said:
    It would be cheaper to buy it in USA... Everything in EU is more expensive.

    Certainly, but i have the HW already and as you said, it was not cheap ;)

  • RadiRadi Member, Provider

    homedatacenterproject.com

    Dunno if its in the USA though.

    4 GB RAM/90 GB SSD/4 TB Traffic/KVM/1 IPv4 for $7/mo only here with coupon code "LET-It-GO".

  • +1 for GoRack.. Great group of guys and one of the most secure data centers you will see..

    Last week I went there to install some new gear and when they opened the big gate to get into the parking lot one of the guards was standing in front of the guard shack with a AR-15... And when I left he was walking outside the fence with it when I was leaving... Oh and the pump shotgun behind the front reception desk...

    Give Larry Ward a call and he would be happy to get you setup.

  • @FtpIt_Radi Does the owner allow us to colo our own hardware there?

  • RadiRadi Member, Provider

    Contact him.

    4 GB RAM/90 GB SSD/4 TB Traffic/KVM/1 IPv4 for $7/mo only here with coupon code "LET-It-GO".

  • @Jeffrey said:
    FtpIt_Radi Does the owner allow us to colo our own hardware there?

    Why would you want too...?

  • @Spencer I was only asking because he posted the link pertaining to a thread about colocating hardware.

  • RuneServerRuneServer Member, Disabled

    Gorack +1, Amazing Support.

    Bandwidth is as advertised, Never had an issue yet with them.

    KVM VPS - Virtual Private Hosting Solutions. Specialized in Windows Hosting

  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Top Provider

    Ask @qps , they offer really cheap dedicated, so they may have cheap coloration.

    HostUS | OpenVZ & KVM VPS in 10 worldwide locations with our own Breeze Panel!
    AS7489 | View our network | LIR Services - IPv4, IPv6, ASN | Latest Special Offers!

  • fapvpsfapvps Member

    Dacentec is awesome.

    Fast Affordable Professional Virtual Private Servers
    No situation is too much of a handful for us. Let us give you a helping hand with this: FAPVPS Special Offers
  • IvanIvan Member

    DataShack? Their colocation costs are only $45/month for a single mid tower or a rack server (up to 4U).

  • @Ivan said:
    DataShack? Their colocation costs are only $45/month for a single mid tower or a rack server (up to 4U).

    Any bread rack colocation is about as "low-end" as one can get

    Thanked by 1doughmanes

    Contractually bound by a verbal non-disclosure agreement

  • VolumeDrive?

  • dnwkdnwk Member

    @Jeffrey said:
    VolumeDrive?

    Is VolumeDrive at BURST.net's DC?

    Designers: www.linkun.info

  • IshaqIshaq Member, Provider

    @dnwk said:
    Is VolumeDrive at BURST.net's DC?

    Indeed.

    [BudgetNode] DDoS Protected. 7 Locations (US/EU). Check out our latest offer!
  • @dnwk Yes, but they are also in GoRack in Jacksonville, FL

  • WilliamWilliam Member, Provider

    No, they backhaul to them.

  • There is also Oplink, I think they are around $40. I haven't used them, but have only heard good things.

  • @Jack said:
    jeffrey they moved out of jv.

    I think more of kicked out

  • Dacentec sucks. Almost done with my RTO and ever since that company bought them out, the network has gone baaaaaaaad lately. The only reason I'm around is a few more months of that RTO and I'm gonna GTFO then ship the server to GoRack

    How to clean up a questionable reputation: throw the kids some BF/CM offers.

  • i have been using for 1 year + oplink.net. the price i got is $40/month 100mbit port, 1u, 1amp, unmetered ... works amazing. but it seems recently they upped the price to $80/month :( maybe you can negotiate it down a bit, but definitely they are a great company

    http://speedtest.oplink.net

  • SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited July 2013

    @Jack said:
    Email on Thursday, Moved on Saturday.

    Safer to move out quickly when breaking contracts eh?

  • @doughmanes said:
    Dacentec sucks. Almost done with my RTO and ever since that company bought them out, the network has gone baaaaaaaad lately. The only reason I'm around is a few more months of that RTO and I'm gonna GTFO then ship the server to GoRack

    Got any more specifics on that? I was going to be buying one with them as soon as I see some stock.

    Will shill for Pop-Tarts(must be strawberry flavour).

  • So, besides worldstream, who are the cheap single-server colo providers in europe?

    Contractually bound by a verbal non-disclosure agreement

  • @Setsura said:
    Got any more specifics on that? I was going to be buying one with them as soon as I see some stock.

    Dacentec aquired by Centrilogic

    Published: 06/13/2013
    CentriLogic, a trusted provider of international hybrid hosting and data center solutions, has acquired North Carolina data center operator and hosting services provider Dacentec Inc. http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20130613-909587.html

    How to clean up a questionable reputation: throw the kids some BF/CM offers.

  • @doughmanes said:
    CentriLogic, a trusted provider of international hybrid hosting and data center solutions, has acquired North Carolina data center operator and hosting services provider Dacentec Inc. http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20130613-909587.html

    No, I knew that part. I mean how has their network seemingly got worse? Do you have a before and after tracert maybe? Or can simply tell me if you see any differences in the routes?

    Will shill for Pop-Tarts(must be strawberry flavour).

  • @texteditor said:
    So, besides worldstream, who are the cheap single-server colo providers in europe?

    You can try out handtake.de for a 50 euro/month 100mbit unmetered 1u
    contabo.com for 40euro/month 100mbit unmetered 1u

  • @Setsura said:
    No, I knew that part. I mean how has their network seemingly got worse? Do you have a before and after tracert maybe? Or can simply tell me if you see any differences in the routes?

    Well the constant network maintenance emails is one sign

    How to clean up a questionable reputation: throw the kids some BF/CM offers.

  • @Pats said:
    how u guys compare GoRack & Dacentec? in terms of connectivity(to Asia), support response ?

    On the other side of the world my friend. Your only luck is LA for good connectivity to Asia

    How to clean up a questionable reputation: throw the kids some BF/CM offers.

  • dnwkdnwk Member
    edited July 2013

    @CNJeremy well, do they really need to arm a datacenter? It is not a movie or a war zone. I don't think anyone would broke into a datacenter unless it is used for [beep].

    Designers: www.linkun.info

  • @Jack so is VolumeDrive only in BurstNET now?

  • @dnwk GoRack is located inside a federal bank building so that is why security is so high.

    I think they were receiving money trucks that day and that's why they had the AR-15's out. I saw a few armored cars at the other end when I was leaving.

Sign In or Register to comment.