Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM Memory Issues
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM Memory Issues

epaslvepaslv Member
edited July 2013 in Providers

We have two VM'S where the RAM has fallen from 1G to 256M. Its basically causing loss of service.

I have put in tickets but have not had a reponse for 2 hours now.

Is anyone else seeing these problems?

Comments

• awsonawson Member

My 256 in LV is fine. You should just wait for a response.

• epaslvepaslv Member

No problem, just unusual not to get a reply by now and I wanted to see if it was more widespread than it is...

• rds100rds100 Member

It's OpenVZ or KVM?

• awsonawson Member

@epaslv said:
    No problem, just unusual not to get a reply by now and I wanted to see if it was more widespread than it is...

http://wiki.buyvm.net/index.php/FAQ#what_are_your_business_hours

It's only 4:20 AM PST :)

• epaslvepaslv Member

All OpenVZ

Ahh AEST here, so of course, I don't want to hastle anyone at that time ..

• rds100rds100 Member

If you run top or memfree, do you see swap instead of the missing RAM? They changed their kernels to 2.6.32 recently and have replaced the burst RAM with vswap.

• epaslvepaslv Member

No there was no swap, Have since found out on irc that others have had their VPS reset back to when the order was placed (pre any upgrades).

Looks like someone is up , as one my VPS was just rebooted and now has the correct RAM/SWAP.

• epaslvepaslv Member

Interesting stallion was reporting negative memory!
    http://pbrd.co/10Dvvkw

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Sorry!

We were mass fixing vswap and it messed up base memory information. We fixed it within 10 - 20 minutes with a mass repair.

You now have vswap and proper beancounters.

Francisco

• epaslvepaslv Member

No problems, I am on the other side of the world, forgot about the time zone. Thanks for the update....