Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Easydcim
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Easydcim

I'm currently working on the modules Garden free easydcim module for dedicated server provisioning I've installed the module but my question is would I need to purchase the easydcim.com actual module for $99/month in order to successfully use the modules Garden module/whmcs?

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2017

Yes, ofc.

Edit: My bad, I forgot they were a part of ModulesGarden. I would guess not, wouldn't make sense, why not just ask them..

• @MikeA said:
    Yes, ofc.

Edit: My bad, I forgot they were a part of ModulesGarden. I would guess not, wouldn't make sense, why not just ask them..

Had a ticket in the past 3 days figured they didn't wanna talk to me so hell.

• Hello,

MG'S support is only available on weekdays I believe.

That said, the answer to your question "would I need to purchase the easydcim.com actual module for $99/month in order to successfully use the modules Garden module/whmcs?" is yes.

The WHMCS Module interacts with the EasyDCIM Server to allow your customers to power on/off/cycle their servers and show bandwidth and ping graphs etc... For that, you have to have your own switch with SNMP Access to pull bandwidth data. Power On/Off/Cycle is done via IPMI.

Thanked by 1Subzero08
  • SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Correct

I also believe that you need your own NOC-PS server with the 100 EUR license in order for EasyDCIM to do OS installs via PXE.

EasyDCIM is a expensive project if you go down that road. Their support was very slow for us as well when we asked them some questions in the past.

Thanked by 1Subzero08
  • @DigitalFyre said:
    Hello,

MG'S support is only available on weekdays I believe.

That said, the answer to your question "would I need to purchase the easydcim.com actual module for $99/month in order to successfully use the modules Garden module/whmcs?" is yes.

The WHMCS Module interacts with the EasyDCIM Server to allow your customers to power on/off/cycle their servers and show bandwidth and ping graphs etc... For that, you have to have your own switch with SNMP Access to pull bandwidth data. Power On/Off/Cycle is done via IPMI.
    @SSDBlaze said:
    Correct

I also believe that you need your own NOC-PS server with the 100 EUR license in order for EasyDCIM to do OS installs via PXE.

EasyDCIM is a expensive project if you go down that road. Their support was very slow for us as well when we asked them some questions in the past.

Thank you for the detailed responses. MG should clarify that honestly on the offerings page but I should of assumed that considering the plugin was $0.00.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

There are alternative options. DCIManager being one of those.

Thanked by 2Clouvider SSDBlaze
  • SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

@MikePT said:

DCIManager is great and affordable. Great recommendation

Thanked by 2Clouvider MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@SSDBlaze said:

@MikePT said:

DCIManager is great and affordable. Great recommendation

Agreed, their customer support works 24/7 as well. Though you'll go to L1/L2 and finally... You'll end up with the L3 who actually can fix the problem.

They update their software very frequently, WHMCS module as well.
    Its implementation isn't easy though, totally worth IMO.