Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Status v2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Status v2

NikkiNikki Member
edited July 2013 in General

Some of you may remember the 'status' script, made by cedr and maintained by me.

It is still available here, however I'm going to attempt to continue work on it's successor Status 2 in my spare time (which isn't much)

It's a complete rewrite in a more I guess you could say clean/modular design? It will have the basic admin panel, a possible plugin system, graphs, stat logs, etc.

Example

What it lacks:

• Stat cleaning, this needs to be terribly redone and only store history from separate points in time
  • An easy way to change settings
  • Speed. It is currently very slow to load the index page due to queries through hundreds of thousands of rows. A new database system might be required.
  • Graphing efficiency, it is currently very hacked together. This should be re-done into an abstracted system so that plugins may access it too, and also cached for a certain amount of time.

I'm posting it here because people have been asking for it, and it should be similar in functionality to Status 1. I also need ideas for what people want and how the systems should work.

If you have any ideas/requests, please, let me know! The reason work stopped on this in the first place is a lack of ideas and knowing what people want!

Comments

• NikkiNikki Member

No suggestions for it? :(

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

i dont use it :(

• How was Status v1 look like?

• NikkiNikki Member

@DalComp said:
    How was Status v1 look like?

I'm not sure of any urls of it in use currently, if anyone has it setup could they provide a link?

• I have not been on in a very long time, but I will give it a try.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

http://mylowendboxs.com/ I believe is an exmaple.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited July 2013

@Infinity said:
    http://mylowendboxs.com/ I believe is an example.

Thank you.

I was about to install ServerStatus to track uptime.
    But now I find Status interesting as it provides more detailed information.

• NikkiNikki Member

@Infinity said:
    http://mylowendboxs.com/ I believe is an exmaple.

Looks like a heavily modified version, status doesn't have the counting timers or the event log (V2 might)

• trexostrexos Member
    edited July 2013

Ah okay v2 looks a lot better than v1. Really looking forward to v2 :)

Edit: It would be nice if there is a field "hostnames" and one for the Hoster :) Not only one name field.

• NikkiNikki Member

@trexos said:
    Ah okay v2 looks a lot better than v1. Really looking forward to v2 :)

Edit: It would be nice if there is a field "hostnames" and one for the Hoster :) Not only one name field.

You mean like an ip address and a standard hostname field which is shown? I'm not exactly sure >.>

• trexostrexos Member
    edited July 2013

Not exactly I mean add a field for Hoster :P Eg: in name: DATA-Server 4 in hoster: BlueVM

• @trexos said:
    Not exactly I mean add a field for Hoster :P Eg: in name: DATA-Server 4 in hoster: BlueVM

Why don't just add 1 general column like "Notes", "Other Details", or something like that? If you want to place your provider name there, fine. If someone else would like to have the location, price, server functions, expiry date, or whatever they want, they may also use that space.

• NikkiNikki Member

@trexos said:

Status 2 has that already, there's a 'provider id' which is linked into the provider table

• RelipRelip Member

I found bugs in your statsend/ss.py. Fix it and send a pull request is ok for you?

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

It would be cool to have auto rdns lookups.

It would also be nice to have the name/hostname of each vm or server be an editable link so we can link it to it's munin/pingdom/external stats page.

• trexostrexos Member

When are you going to release it?

• ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran

I think it looks good.

• Ditch the database servers. Use flat file. I don't know of any log processing system that uses a database server. You'll never be able to make your system fast enough using database servers.

• MunMun Member

@bcrlsn said:
    It would be cool to have auto rdns lookups.

It would also be nice to have the name/hostname of each vm or server be an editable link so we can link it to it's munin/pingdom/external stats page.

You could possibly pull from the API at bulkrdns.com once I recode it, otherwise a simple lookup command should do fine.

Thanked by 1bcrlsn