Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I upgrade Hetzner cPanel version
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can I upgrade Hetzner cPanel version

Hello,

On website they are advertising cPanel 58 which is pretty old. So, can it be upgrade to latest version and future updates?

Comments

• bruzlibruzli Member, LIR

Yes, you'll have latest cPanel version

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • didtavdidtav Member

How am I supposed to know?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

cPanel can be upgraded to the latest version, if provider has old template with old version of cPanel - no issues with that.

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • @didtav said:

Maybe not you but someone would definitely =)

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

@jetchirag said:

@didtav said:

cPanel can be easily updated once you install it and mostly it updates itself automatically.

• @adxn said:

@jetchirag said:

@didtav said:

cPanel can be easily updated once you install it and mostly it updates itself automatically.
    @bruzli said:

One more question please, will cPanel support be applicable?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@jetchirag said:

@adxn said:

@jetchirag said:

@didtav said:

@bruzli said:

One more question please, will cPanel support be applicable?

The company that supplies your license is responsible for the support.

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@Clouvider said:

No, not really :-) Customers are free to open tickets from within WHM which creates tickets directly at the cPanel Inc support queue.

Thanked by 1MikePT
    edited June 2017

@Zerpy said:

@Clouvider said:

No, not really :-) Customers are free to open tickets from within WHM which creates tickets directly at the cPanel Inc support queue.

With the lowest possible priority and immediately informing your license provider that this has happened so they can reach out to you and tell you to not do it again in the future. You usally get quicker resolution from the partner's support, as even if the partner is not technically capable, they can raise the ticket with high priority straight to higher level @ cPanel.

Opening tickets directly on resold licenses is a favour cPanel allows, but it screws up the ticket ratio of cPanel partner and can lead to consequences including contract termination. If you require support from cPanel you're invited to buy a more expensive license from cPanel Inc directly.

• ZerpyZerpy Member
    edited June 2017

@Clouvider said:

@Zerpy said:

@Clouvider said:

With the lowest possible priority and immediately informing your license provider that this has happened so they can reach out to you and tell you to not do it again in the future.

This screws up the ticket ratio of cPanel partner and can lead to consequences including contract termination.

Before you comment you should maybe investigate things a bit further - feel free to join #cpanel on freenode, ask the staff how support works - then come back here and delete your comments.

It's surprising that even as a cPanel partner you're not aware how your own partner contracts work.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Don't want to get involved in the whole hoo-har above but I haven't had an issue with logging calls with cPanel directly even though I've purchased the license through a reseller such as Hetzner. Nor have I been told by the supplier that I couldn't do this - having done it for years.

Yes, as others have already mentioned you will have the latest version and it will update automatically.

Thanked by 1Zerpy
    edited June 2017

Zerpy said: Before you comment you should maybe investigate things a bit further - feel free to join #cpanel on freenode, ask the staff how support works - then come back here and delete your comments.

It's surprising that even as a cPanel partner you're not aware how your own partner contracts work.

Huh? I'm a signatory to a cPanel partner contract.

I'm certainly not going to work on convincing you.

Have a good day Sir and good luck in life ;-).

Thanked by 1VirtualByte
  • ZerpyZerpy Member

@Clouvider said:

Huh? I'm a signatory to a cPanel partner contract.

I'm certainly not going to work on convincing you.

Have a good day Sir and good luck in life ;-).

Would also be hard to convince the wrong things to people ;)

• I have contacted cP many times, and never ever did they tell me to go and contact my license provider instead.

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@SolidxGaming said:
    I have contacted cP many times, and never ever did they tell me to go and contact my license provider instead.

Clouvider has a special contract with cPanel

Also cPanel encourages people to open tickets with them. So it's just clouvider that are super unlucky

But they can maybe offer MPLS-TE with your cPanel license on their MX480 etc routers

Thanked by 1GenjiSwitchPls
  • JorboxJorbox Member

He is asking about updates not support, why you have changed the topic

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

cPanel upgrades automatically... I assume hetzner just doesnt have the time to update their website and or install practice

Usually when I have a cPanel issue, I head to their forums... not to maoe this thread about support more complicated.

edited June 2017

@Zerpy said:

@SolidxGaming said:
    I have contacted cP many times, and never ever did they tell me to go and contact my license provider instead.

Also cPanel encourages people to open tickets with them. So it's just clouvider that are super unlucky

But they can maybe offer MPLS-TE with your cPanel license on their MX480 etc routers

Are you jealous of the routers @Zerpy?

https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+to+Open+a+Technical+Support+Ticket

If you obtained your license from one of our Partners, we recommend that you contact them directly for assistance. If you require assistance and own a cPanel license, but have not installed cPanel & WHM on your server, open a ticket with cPanel Customer Service.

I also never said cPanel would go after you, they go after the provider. Especially if it's happening often.

• mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2017

I haven't ticketed cPanel issues much, but I'll always ticket them direct - I rather have a delay knowing I'm working with the developer's support team directly. These are also what I'd call "non stupid" issues. It's not like I'm ticketing them asking how to setup an email accounts.

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@Clouvider said:

@Zerpy said:

@SolidxGaming said:

Are you jealous of the routers @Zerpy?

https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+to+Open+a+Technical+Support+Ticket

If you obtained your license from one of our Partners, we recommend that you contact them directly for assistance. If you require assistance and own a cPanel license, but have not installed cPanel & WHM on your server, open a ticket with cPanel Customer Service.

I also never said cPanel would go after you, they go after the provider. Especially if it's happening often.

I would never be jealous of your small routers.

Also I happen to deal with a partnership with more than 5000 active cPanel licenses, we've yet to receive an email from cPanel saying: "Your customers contact us directly instead of you".

It has never ever happened.

Also note the next Important note in the same document you sent:

In cPanel & WHM version 60, we added the ability to open a cPanel support ticket in the WHM's Create Support Ticket interface (Home >> Support >> Create Support Ticket). We encourage you to use this interface to open your support ticket, as it automates most of the ticket creation process.

So they encourage you to use this interface - which create a ticket at tickets.cpanel.net.

Isn't it weird to encourage people to use something that might cause cPanel partners to lose their partnership?

It's all fine you link to documentation, but I think you should go to #cpanel on freenode and ask the cPanel staff sitting there (including the founder of cPanel) and ask them the question.

Then you'll also learn something new and not being so stubborn :-)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Clouvider,

You are totally wrong. Any proof? Have you got any email from cPanel stating that?

@MikePT said:
    @Clouvider,

You are totally wrong. Any proof? Have you got any email from cPanel stating that?

Well, while it says in the contract that we're to provide first line cPanel support to our Customers, we've never been disciplined as a company.

However, I've been personally chased by Licensepal on an external license I used to have with them about a year ago asking to not do it again.

Again, it probably depends on the ratio.

cPanel discourages opening tickets with them directly for partner licenses.

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@Clouvider said:
    cPanel discourages opening tickets with them directly for partner licenses.

How funny they encourage it on their documentation page you linked, which by the way have DOC-9092 open as internal case at cPanel to remove the following part:

If you obtained your license from one of our Partners, we recommend that you contact them directly for assistance.

It means you were actually wrong (as expected).

• OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
    edited June 2017

From the cPanel Partner NOC agreement...

You notice it mentions section 11.2, which is Termination for Convenience. I don't believe cPanel is heavily enforcing this, but I certainly would not encourage end-users to file tickets directly with cPanel if they have purchased through a distributor.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ZerpyZerpy Member

@OnApp_Terry said:
    From the cPanel Partner NOC agreement...

You notice it mentions section 11.2, which is Termination for Convenience. I don't believe cPanel is heavily enforcing this, but I certainly would not encourage end-users to file tickets directly with cPanel if they have purchased through a distributor.

If cPanel encourage end-users to file tickets directly with cPanel despite having purchased through a distributor - then end-users will follow this.

If cPanel encourage something that would in fact be a result of distributers contracts being terminated - then why would then encourage it?

Both as an end user, and as a company managing thousands of licenses via cPanel manage2 API, we've never got contacted by cPanel saying: "Your users should contact you guys directly".

cPanel very specifically built a functionality in v60 in WHM to make ticket-creation simpler for the end-users, this very functionality talks to tickets.cpanel.net.

Why would cPanel build a system that encourage people to create tickets from within WHM, if they actually want to prevent it?

Again, feel free to come on #cpanel on freenode, where there's plenty of cPanel staff (including management), ask your exact same question, and get the reply that they encourage end-users to do exactly what they've done.

If distributers had the risk of losing their partnership if their customers would contact cPanel, then maybe distributers should make it very clear during signup that support has to happen via them, and not via the built in ticket system that cPanel made.

But again, as a distributer, I've yet to see cPanel contact us to tell us that users cannot contact their support.

You don't find it weird that their docs are contradictory? For same reason the internal case DOC-9092 has been open to fix this, and actually encourage end-users to open ticket directly.

Also because most distributers are useless anyway when it comes to cPanel support, but everyone knows that.

• OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
    edited June 2017

cPanel very specifically built a functionality in v60 in WHM to make ticket-creation simpler for the end-users, this very functionality talks to tickets.cpanel.net.

Why would cPanel build a system that encourage people to create tickets from within WHM, if they actually want to prevent it?

If I'm making money from selling cPanel licenses, I can tell you what I don't want: cPanel having my customer's information.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ZerpyZerpy Member

@OnApp_Terry said:

If I'm making money from selling cPanel licenses, I can tell you what I don't want: cPanel having my customer's information.

I think you should stop selling cPanel licenses then :-)

• I have a minor problem so I thought replying here instead new post.
    I ordered a server few days before and i got delivered today but the invoice haven't been generated and neither I've paid anything till now. Any clue?

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@jetchirag said:
    I have a minor problem so I thought replying here instead new post.
    I ordered a server few days before and i got delivered today but the invoice haven't been generated and neither I've paid anything till now. Any clue?

They issue invoices 2 times a month if I remember correctly, so you'll get an invoice eventually, no worries.

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • AmitzAmitz Member

They mostly do not invoice you before the 14 days trial is over.