Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Smartphone max. 200€ recommendations?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Smartphone max. 200€ recommendations?

Need this for my grandma :)

Should have big display so she can easily read stuff and not really anything else but the ability to WhatsApp, take some pictures and basic browsing (news) is needed.

Comments

• ewrekewrek Member
    edited June 2017

Moto G (4th generation)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Lenovo P2

http://www3.lenovo.com/in/en/smartphones/p-series/Vibe-Lenovo-P2/p/PPIPPIP2C72

5100maH means she can be fine without charging it often plus with AMOLED 1080p display at 5.5"

MicroUSB so usual charging stuff over here is £200 unsure if it is available over there but it might just be over your 200€ budget

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Whatever the most recent Xiaomi Redmi Note model is (Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 I believe).

Thanked by 2Ympker yomero
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    Lenovo P2

5100maH means she can be fine without charging it often plus with AMOLED 1080p display at 5.5"

MicroUSB so usual charging stuff over here is £200 unsure if it is available over there but it might just be over your 200€ budget

Will consider it still :)

• @Ympker said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    Lenovo P2

AMOLED 1080 5.5" dual SIM 5100maH unibody aluminium for £200 is insanity.

• ewrekewrek Member

@Dextronox said:
    Whatever the most recent Xiaomi Redmi Note model is (Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 I believe).

It is great for advance users but not really for new users because there some bugs. Sure you can install a custom rom but how many people know how to do it?

• ewrekewrek Member

@Ympker said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    Lenovo P2

Don't look only for the specs. Try to get one that get security update for a few years.

• @ewrek said:

@Ympker said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    Lenovo P2

Don't look only for the specs. Try to get one that get security update for a few years.

Its Lenovo which is a primarily business phone so its alright there.

• quickquick Member

G4 +1

Sent from my Moto G4 using my fingers

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@quick said:
    G4 +1

Any reason to pick the G4 over the (cheaper) G4 Play considering her use cases?

• G4 and if you want to be ultra cheap Blu R1 HD

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Ordered a G4 thanks guys :- )

• edited June 2017

ZTE ZMax Pro is a nice cheap phone
    Edit: Just saw that you ordered the G4. Can't go wrong with that selection!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • GromGrom Member

def Xiaomi RedMi Note 4

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Xiaomi mi max. Usually mi phones has best spec to price ratio. Mi max has 6.44 inch display

• squibssquibs Member

Yup - Xiaomi quality has really improved in last few years. Unbeatable for the price.

• go Xiaomi. redmi 4 with snapdragon 435 is perfect midrange specs at budget price.

my Redmi Note3 has survived multiple drops.
    Worst case: screen assembly replacement with original part is around $40 here.

• quickquick Member

@Ympker said:

@quick said:
    G4 +1

Any reason to pick the G4 over the (cheaper) G4 Play considering her use cases?

I dont know the specs of the G4 play, but with the normal G4 I achieve a display on time of ~5h and this is the best point of it.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Grom said:
    def Xiaomi RedMi Note 4

+1

• JackHJackH Member

Motorola Moto G (any version). Before I was in the Apple gang I had a Moto G and a Moto G2, both of which served me very well

• umeume Member

My vote goes to Xiaomi as well. They offer updates to their phones for many years after they were sold. For example their MI2 phone, which was released in late 2012, is still being updated. Considering that, they offer by far the best value for your money.

• xaocxaoc Member

I got a Redmi note 4X for someone and it seems decent. Would be perfect for your requirements and the battery will last forever. There is also a easy mode out of the box which is a simplified launcher that is close to metro look with big squares on the screen. Bought it for 150$ or so. The owner is very happy.

• quickquick Member

forget xiaomi and junk.. you need to order it from Asia to get it so cheap ... And I think you are from Germany, so you couldn't make any use of the warranty.

• RapidDediRapidDedi Member, Patron Provider

A few days ago I bought the xiaomi Mi Max for a family member, looks and feels very decent, plus it performce very well when using multiple apps all together specially RAM hungry ones.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

ZTE Axon 7 Mini maybe. One of my parents has one and it is good, for <$200 USD. I've only held it and showed them stuff but it's not slow and has good speakers (since you said for grandparent good speakers might be useful), only downside is older Android version for now but that wouldn't matter.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@Ympker said:

You could have gotten a Redmi Note 4 with 10hrs on screen time.

• ewrekewrek Member

@tr1cky said:

@Ympker said:

You could also have a nokia 3310 with 22u screen time.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@tr1cky said:

@Ympker said:

My grandma is gonna roughly have 1h screen time per day so Im good :P