Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[help] Chat app with own domain
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[help] Chat app with own domain

dedicadosdedicados Member
edited June 2017 in Help

Hi, i would like to know if there is tutorial to setup an internal/internet chat with jabber or pidgeon, or something know but using my own domain and only users in my domain can chat there.

and of course if i can have it open source.

thanks

Comments

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

@dedicados said:
    Hi, i would like to know if there is tutorial to setup an internal/internet chat with jabber or pidgeon, or something know but using my own domain and only users in my domain can chat there.

and of course if i can have it open source.

thanks

like the self hosted discordapp clone jarland mentioned about before?
    https://github.com/RocketChat/Rocket.Chat

• thanks for the info but i dont want it to be via web, i mean it installed or executed in the PC.

• With Prosody you can create MUC with your domain and have multiple type of clients ( pc / android / ios ) and webclients... You can check mattermost or matrix too

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • dedicados said: thanks for the info but i dont want it to be via web, i mean it installed or executed in the PC.

All of the options mentioned in this thread have desktop clients.

• risturiz said: With Prosody ...

If you would like to have your own Whatsapp server, you could run Prosody or ejabberd on your server and run Pidgin on your desktop. If you also need to run on your android phone, you can use Xabber.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

+1 for Rocket.Chat, we use it internally and absolutely love it.

• sarahsarah Member

Mattermost is the other popular one but Rocket.Chat is better. There's also letschat and zulip.

• Justin417Justin417 Member, Host Rep

Another +1 for Rocket.Chat, my organization started out using MatterMost but then we realized Rocket.Chat is better, made for a pain of a migration, so start from scratch with Rocket.chat :)

• thanks for all your suggestions! i will try rocket.chat

• sarahsarah Member

Both sandstorm and cloudron have 1-click installers for rocket.chat