Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how much vps can I fit in this server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how much vps can I fit in this server?

Intel 2x Xeon E5-2640v3
16c/32t - 2.6 GHz/3.4 GHz
128GB DDR4 ECC 1866 MHz
Up to 4 disks
500 Mbps bandwidth

I am going to use openvz, I was thinking around 40. I am not going to use raid or anything If they loose data I will say on my website "If you loose data from disk dying sucks for you".

Comments

• NomadNomad Member

You can fit enough for the summer.

• @Nomad said:
    You can fit enough for the summer.

can you oversell disk space? If they go over the limit could I just redirect disk write to /dev/null

• That must be a VPS MAN!

Thanked by 1dragonballz2k
  • JorboxJorbox Member

please dont tell me its contabo

• "OVZ"

"Not going to use raid"

"40 VPS on dual E5 with 128GB RAM"

Please please consult your brain and ensure you are here today. I know you are a vpsman, but we here are considered vpsgods, you are not even worth of being a vpsjesus. I would not call you my son. If you disagree please PM me and we can always go on Jeremy Kyle

• @GenjiSwitchPls said:
    "OVZ"

"Not going to use raid"

Please please consult your brain and ensure you are here today. I know you are a vpsman, but we here are considered vpsgods, you are not even worth of being a vpsjesus. I would not call you my son. If you disagree please PM me and we can always go on Jeremy Kyle

so who needs raid if the clients loose data I will post on my website "If you loose data from disk dying sucks for you". some people don't care about their vps data

• DamianDamian Member

vpsman222 said: 128GB DDR4 ECC 1866 MHz

Such decadence. All you need is 4 or 8 GB of RAM or whatever the minimum number of 1 GB sticks that the server will boot with, then put in another hard drive in for swap and BOOM, instant terabytes of RAM. You should call it terabyteramVPScompany.

Here's your first customer: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2250706/#Comment_2250706

• @Damian said:

vpsman222 said: 128GB DDR4 ECC 1866 MHz

Such decadence. All you need is 4 or 8 GB of RAM or whatever the minimum number of 1 GB sticks that the server will boot with, then put in another hard drive in for swap and BOOM, instant terabytes of RAM. You should call it terabyteramVPScompany.

Here's your first customer: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2250706/#Comment_2250706

well If my node gets low on memory I will just /dev/null the vps with the most memory I will just it in my tos "don't use too much memory or you I will redirect your memory to /dev/null."

• troller get trolled

• @vpsman222 said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    "OVZ"

"Not going to use raid"

so who needs raid if the clients loose data I will post on my website "If you loose data from disk dying sucks for you". some people don't care about their vps data

I mean have fun. But you are being stupid here.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Boring.

/thread

This discussion has been closed.