Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

    Using own Windows licence
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

    Using own Windows licence

    Thanks to one of this community's members I now have a windows server 2008 licence, I'm just wondering do any hosts allow people to use their own licence key?

    My budget is about $10

    Comments

    • IshaqIshaq Member, Provider
      edited July 2013

      https://bluevm.com/

      In fact you have to use your own license, we don't sell windows licenses.

      [BudgetNode] DDoS Protected. 7 Locations (US/EU). Check out our latest offer!
    • All your KVM's are out of stock >.<

      @Ishaq said:
      https://bluevm.com/

      In fact you have to use your own license, we don't sell windows licenses.

    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider

      Yup, as long as you have a link to the ISO and a license key :)

      http://crowncloud.net/kvm.html

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    • So what I just put the link to the ISO in the order notes and you load the ISO when it's delivered?

      @SpeedBus said:
      Yup, as long as you have a link to the ISO and a license key :)

      http://crowncloud.net/kvm.html

    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider

      @Gerrard8 said:
      So what I just put the link to the ISO in the order notes and you load the ISO when it's delivered?

      Yup :)

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    • Do you folks offer like a 24/48hr trial? Would love to give your service a try.

      @SpeedBus said:

    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider

      @Gerrard8 said:
      Do you folks offer like a 24/48hr trial? Would love to give your service a try.

      Currently, no.

      If you're worried about the performance, it's the new KVM node your VPS will be on.

      Disk I/O :
      [[email protected] ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync; unlink test
      16384+0 records in
      16384+0 records out
      1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 6.2764 s, 171 MB/s

      Load :
      [[email protected] ~]# uptime
      06:22:55 up 19 days, 1:21, 1 user, load average: 0.35, 0.31, 0.71

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    • IshaqIshaq Member, Provider

      If you open a ticket we can manually provision one.

      [BudgetNode] DDoS Protected. 7 Locations (US/EU). Check out our latest offer!
    • Do you accept Google checkout?

      @SpeedBus said:
      Yup, as long as you have a link to the ISO and a license key :)

      http://crowncloud.net/kvm.html

    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider

      @Gerrard8 said:
      Do you accept Google checkout?

      Not currently, but if you want to pay by card you can select PayPal and select the option to pay with your card (don't login to paypal) the option will be on the PayPal checkout page itself.

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    • Gerrard8Gerrard8 Member
      edited July 2013

      No can do, my card is linked with a limited account.

      Apparently my personal website requires a gambling licence. Idiots.

      @SpeedBus said:
      Not currently, but if you want to pay by card you can select PayPal and select the option to pay with your card (don't login to paypal) the option will be on the PayPal checkout page itself.

    • HoloshedHoloshed Member
      edited July 2013

      I allow people to use their own license for Windows with the 512MB or 1024MB plan. I activate access to the ISOs per customer so they need to open a ticket for access. I currently accept PayPal but could turn on stripe if needed (PM me) to use a credit card as long as it passed all fraud checks.

    • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Provider

      @Gerrard8 said:
      No can do, my card is linked with a limited account.

      Apparently my personal website requires a gambling licence. Idiots.

      Gambling license ?

      CrownCloud | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    • Text based mafia game. Has roulette etc.

      @SpeedBus said:
      Gambling license ?

      Thanked by 1Zen
    • I made a ticket, had no response.

      @Ishaq said:
      If you open a ticket we can manually provision one.

    • We allow you to bring a license, just need ISO link and proof of license. Only accepting paypal at this time though:

      http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/11670/double-resources-openvz-40-off-kvm-native-ipv6-crissic-solutions-llc#latest

    • Paypal aint an option for me, sorry.

      @SkylarM said:
      We allow you to bring a license, just need ISO link and proof of license. Only accepting paypal at this time though:

      http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/11670/double-resources-openvz-40-off-kvm-native-ipv6-crissic-solutions-llc#latest

    • @Gerrard8 said:
      Paypal aint an option for me, sorry.

      As I said before, I will allow CC payment through Stripe as long as it passes fraud check. Either way hope you get what you need worked out.

    • I'm disappointed you said the next shift will work on the problem of loading the windows server ISO and yet I haven't heard a single thing.

      When will I get my server delivered with the correct ISO?

      @Ishaq said:
      If you open a ticket we can manually provision one.

    • IshaqIshaq Member, Provider

      @Gerrard8 Please respond to the ticket with a link to the ISO you want.

      [BudgetNode] DDoS Protected. 7 Locations (US/EU). Check out our latest offer!
    • IshaqIshaq Member, Provider

      Scratch that, your KVM has been booted with Windows 2008 R2. We need an ISO link if you want something else.

      [BudgetNode] DDoS Protected. 7 Locations (US/EU). Check out our latest offer!
    • Hmm... I still don't understand how providers are able to allow BYOL Windows OS. As far as I understand MS SPLA doesn't have that type of flexibility when it comes to VPS.

      © 2011-2019 eLohkCalb

    Sign In or Register to comment.