Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Docker on digitalocean performance?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Docker on digitalocean performance?

dwtbfdwtbf Member

How wel does it preform? I want to run 4 containers:

1. Postgres/MySQL Server or MongoDB Server

2. NGINX, PHP-FPM

3. NodeJS, socket.io

4. File storage server (kind of like s3 will be called via API to store and retrieve data)

All connected over internal network, only one exposed is nginx, node

Comments

• Kinda difficult to judge.

I mean, will it work? Sure. But without any solid data regarding usage, it's a bit difficult to advise you.

Is this service already running with any metrics to work off? If not, what kind of usage are you expecting?

• I mean to be honest. Sign up im sure someone has a aff link here attach a card (you dont get billed unless you spend more than the free credit) and most credit offers are around $10-20. Around a half a month to a month free trial to test the water. Good luck.

Here is my aff link if you want to give it a go: https://m.do.co/c/59c799fe4874

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Hard to say. The piwik instance for LET is a docker container on a DO server and running quite well. Just too many variables here to predict, many of which aren't even related to the provider used.

• dwtbfdwtbf Member

@jarland said:
    Hard to say. The piwik instance for LET is a docker container on a DO server and running quite well. Just too many variables here to predict, many of which aren't even related to the provider used.

So 1 GB of ram do you think should suffice in running 4 low access container?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2017

@dwtbf said:

@jarland said:

So 1 GB of ram do you think should suffice in running 4 low access container?

Highly doubt it. Assuming you have all of those apps doing anything of value, you'll be OOM in no time. I'd recommend 2GB minimum. Truthfully though, I would go 4GB or above because running out of memory really shouldn't be an acceptable option.

• @dwtbf said:
    4. File storage server (kind of like s3 will be called via API to store and retrieve data)

>

Data that needs to be persistent isn't a great fit for Docker, unless you're going to mount block storage or NFS. The whole point of Docker is to be disposable.

Postgres has BSON support by the way, so it could be subbed for MongoDB.

• @flatland_spider said:

@dwtbf said:

>

Data that needs to be persistent isn't a great fit for Docker, unless you're going to mount block storage or NFS. The whole point of Docker is to be disposable.

Postgres has BSON support by the way, so it could be subbed for MongoDB.

Hey man, don't judge my docker images preconfigured to run sneaker bots.

jkjk