Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server with hardware firewall needed.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server with hardware firewall needed.

carp969carp969 Member
edited June 2017 in Providers

Not sure this classes as a low end box but I need a new dedicated server.

Processor - Anything Xeon
Ram - 64GB+ (Maximum 128GB)
Storage - 400GB SSD and. 2TB (minimum Raid 1)
OS - Esxi 6
IP range - 18 IPV4 addresses
Location - UK or close to.

I'm not bothered about brand but it does need to have a dedicated hardware firewall. It can be what ever brand you prefer but I must have access to setup the configure on it. Currently I'm using an ASA device but I'm happy with a pfsense unit.

I'll also need a Windows Datacentre 2012 r2 license and five rds licenses and a fix user sql license. But I can source those separately if you can't provide them.

Let me know your prices please.

Thanks.

Edit : Should say I'm happy to provide the hdds and firewall if you can't.

Comments

• lurchlurch Member

@clouvider should be able to help.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for mentioning @lurch!

@carp969 I will PM shortly to discuss.

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

If Germany (Frankfurt) is also okay, we can do this with HP G8 / G9 hardware and a Juniper SRX. PM me if there is some interest.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited June 2017

OVH and SoYouStart can do this with Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall, on OVH.com and SoYouStart servers you can buy Windows Server licenses as well as SQL server, https://i.gyazo.com/226919515b9425ced74002b96f0069dc.png, and ESXi 6 is available on all their servers.

Their GRA datacenter is the closest to the UK, and you can ever order additional UK IPs, well their location shows up as the UK but it's still being routed to your server in GRA (North France)

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited June 2017

on ovh.com you have a choice between some different ASA firewalls, https://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/firewall_dedicated_servers.xml with respective prices shown as well. On SoYouStart it's just the ASA 5505

• Thanks for that. I already have several with OVH but not behind a firewall there. But I wanted to see if anybody on here could offer me a better service.

Whilst I have not had any huge issues with OVH I'm not convinced I'm not convinced I'd put anything relatively mission critical with them.

• iamthepizzaiamthepizza Member
    edited June 2017

The only thing I can think of for in the UK with a hardware firewall would be Voxility. Maybe check them out? I've found their prices to be quite OK (if just average) and support to be pretty good.

• Thanks I will do.