Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
HostUS reviews?
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

HostUS reviews?

JackHJackH Moderator

I'm currently looking for a provider to replace my VortexNode reseller package.

As it stands, I'm getting 20GB disk with 500GB BW in London with WHMCS for $12 monthly.

HostUS are doing $15 monthly for exponentially more resources. What can I expect by moving to HostUS? Are they quick to respond to tickets? Are their servers overloaded? Are their security policies on their shared hosting prohibitively restrictive?

Hoping someone can help me decide whether they are the provider for me to go with!

I'm only hosting low traffic sites on this reseller package. It's mainly somewhere I can put small local businesses who expect < 10 visitors a day who want email and whatnot.

NVMe KVM VPS in Amsterdam, Stockholm, Oslo, Vienna and LA ($2.50/1GB RAM/10GB NVMe/month) (AFF LINK)

Comments

• for such lower traffic you'll good to go with them. I only had VPS with them so can't comment on their reseller hosting.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM

We only support unsupported OS!

• I haven't played with their reseller hosting, but they do have pretty solid VPS products, and quick support on any issues.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM

One-click CDN server installation on your own VPS: OneClickCDN
    One-click browser-accessible Desktop environment on Linux VPS: OneClickDesktop

• brycebryce Member

Also just VPSs with them, no issues and fast replies to even non-standard request. Awesome company.

Thanked by 2vimalware AlexanderM
  • Highly recommended provider. Been with them for many years now w/o problems.

Thanked by 2AlexanderM webcraft

I ❤ Laravel

• Their support is pretty good

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • ardaarda Member

Highly recommended provider , they helped me tons of times, also their plans and offers are great. Also, lightning fast response times to tickets.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • As the others, i only use their VPS services. Great uptime so far (15 months) except for the Ddos outages, which wasn't their fault. From the requirement you have mentioned, I don't see you having any issues with the at all, if their reseller services are even half as decent as their vps services.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • Do they have active specials?

• I only trust four providers: Ramnode, Digital Ocean, HostUS and Vultr (their billing is weird). You won't be disappointed with any of them.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • Although their vps has email disabled

• @aaraya1516 said:
    Do they have active specials?

If you search for their offers, most of them are still valid, although some of the prices have been revised. For example their extremely popular 768MB VPS used to be $10/year and was selling like hot cakes but is now $16/yr

Will shill for carrots.

• manlivomanlivo Member without signature
    edited June 2017

@aaraya1516 said:
    Do they have active specials?

They are good. My $10/year VPS

[***@vps ~]$ uptime
     15:15:03 up 177 days, 14:22,  1 user,  load average: 0.01, 0.03, 0.01

Active Special, see my sign :)

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • HybridHybrid Member

Been with them for years

Alexander is really helpful

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • LunarLunar Member

Have their $12/yr OpenVZ plan. Is pretty good, I've had a lot of short network drops though. But for the price I can't really complain.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • I have 4 servers with them (TX, DC, GA, Australia), all are awesome.

[***@tx4 ~]# uptime
     11:08:02 up 899 days, 14:38,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Thanked by 2AlexanderM dedimark
  • I left them bcuz they cannot provide ArchLinux. But overall, good service.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM

Telegram Me and Arch the way out.

• phpminphpmin Member
    edited August 2017

@jackhadrill I neither haven't played with their reseller hosting, but i agree with @dedipromo that say "they do have pretty solid VPS products, and quick support on any issues".
    I have 3 VPS with them (Not servers) and average uptime is normal (99.9%).
    PS I was tempted to move the VPS outside HostUS to a new Dedicated (so i have only dedicated) but after months, when you see they are Honest people, they give honest replies and they give you a honest uptime i said myself : dont go, dont dont dont dont dont :D

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • Great Support! Quality network. Had issues with my VPS getting suspended after a small ddos attack. but besides that solid!

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Top Provider

Thank you all for the kind words, really appreciated!

Alexander

Thanked by 1HuntersPad

HostUS | OpenVZ & KVM VPS in 10 worldwide locations with our own Breeze Panel!
    AS7489 | View our network | LIR Services - IPv4, IPv6, ASN | Latest Special Offers!

• I have 3 machines with them as well - quite low-end in price - sadly had to remove my traffic temporary from Amsterdam since iowait was so high that things stopped working completely

But with WDC and Dallas - it's perfect

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • WSSWSS Member

SAY ONNA GROUND!

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • @AlexanderM said:
    Thank you all for the kind words, really appreciated!

Alexander

Any sales/special offers coming to LET soon? Been over a year since your last offer thread.

Thanked by 1vimalware

🐴 $2/mo 512MB KVM - Unmetered bandwidth. $1.25 for 256GB Block Storage - from BuyVM (aff)

• I had the $15 reseller account with HostUS. So far it is great. Basically it is like buying a whmcs license and you get a free 80GB reseller account....

Thanked by 1AlexanderM

tandatangan

• +1 - I've got 3 VPS's with them and other than the DDOS attacks they've been great.

I'd definitely recommend.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • Yeah would love to see some new sales! Current KVM I have with them in WDC has been great. Had it about 7 months so far.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM

[Nexus Bytes] Awesome VPS Service! https://my.nexusbytes.com/aff.php?aff=232 (aff link)

Check out my site! hunterspad.com Destruction videos, tech, random, etc

@Harambe said:
    Any sales/special offers coming to LET soon? Been over a year since your last offer thread.

@HuntersPad said:
    Yeah would love to see some new sales! Current KVM I have with them in WDC has been great. Had it about 7 months so far.

How about some KVM storage? :)

https://lowendbox.com/blog/hostus-new-storage-kvm-line-starting-10quarter-asia-openvz-25year-8-locations/

Alexander

Thanked by 1HuntersPad

AS7489 | View our network | LIR Services - IPv4, IPv6, ASN | Latest Special Offers!

• Sorry to dig this up but do they own their IPs or lease them?

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited April 2018

@hacktek said:
    Sorry to dig this up but do they own their IPs or lease them?

HostUS has a SUPPORT SYSTEM. Please ask them directly or do a Google search... you’ll quickly realize that they’re a LIR and have their own allocations.

Edit: mega-necro.

• jarjar Provider

hacktek said: Sorry to dig this up but do they own their IPs or lease them?

Own.

Thanked by 1dcc

MagicSpam blackmails providers into buying their software, and ServerHub is a professional spam organization.

• @jarland said:

Own.

Thanks! I don't get why people feel the need to act like asses for no reason instead of just answering a simple question.

• @hacktek said:

@jarland said:

Own.

Thanks! I don't get why people feel the need to act like asses for no reason instead of just answering a simple question.

Cuz Just googling instead of posting a shit question.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited April 2018

@hacktek said:

@jarland said:

Own.

Were you incapable of searching HostUS’ site? You bumped a 7 month old thread to get information available on the provider’s own website...

COUGH https://hostus.us/about.html

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • JackHJackH Moderator

@doghouch said:

@hacktek said:

@jarland said:

Own.

Were you incapable of searching HostUS’ site? You bumped a 7 month old thread to get information available on the provider’s own website...

COUGH https://hostus.us/about.html

Stop being a dick. He clearly searched for an answer otherwise he wouldn't have found this thread. End of conversation.

Thanked by 1FHR

NVMe KVM VPS in Amsterdam, Stockholm, Oslo, Vienna and LA ($2.50/1GB RAM/10GB NVMe/month) (AFF LINK)

• sidewindersidewinder Member
    edited February 27

Beware of this company. Going on 3+ days of downtime on Atlanta node. Their looking glass/test files for Atlanta on their website work fine but I have been down for going on 3+ days with not much of an explanation ( I received the email at Mon, Feb 24, 10:00 PM EST telling me of the power outage).

The breeze control panel shows the VPS up and running, but it is unreachable through console and ssh and I was told there was a power outage but my guess is something else could be up.

If there is a power outage, why does the control panel show running processes on the VPS?

I hope I am wrong but 3+ days feels like tough action for their customers.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

Could be cached. Otherwise the panel would die on timeout in case of any issues.

Clouvider Limited - Leading Hosting & Connectivity Partner || Dedicated Server Sale from £39/m - Our Latest LET Offer

Cloud Web Hosting | SSD & SAS HA OnApp VPS | US, UK, NL & DE Dedicated Servers | Network Services | Colocation | Managed Services

• @sidewinder said:
    Beware of this company. Going on 3+ days of downtime on Atlanta node. Their looking glass/test files for Atlanta on their website work fine but I have been down for going on 3+ days with not much of an explanation ( I received the email at Mon, Feb 24, 10:00 PM EST telling me of the power outage).

The breeze control panel shows the VPS up and running, but it is unreachable through console and ssh and I was told there was a power outage but my guess is something else could be up.

If there is a power outage, why does the control panel show running processes on the VPS?

Confirmed. I already move all servers elsewhere after 12 hours being down. I wont wait for days. Its why we use 25+ providers.

• @sidewinder said:

True, 3+ days for power outage is too long imo. My panel is showing the server as offline for a couple days though.
    Any comments on when we might expect the service to be up and working again @AlexanderM ?

• @Clouvider said:
    Could be cached. Otherwise the panel would die on timeout in case of any issues.

You can access console and browse the server files.

• qpsqps Member, Provider

The Atlanta stuff is not their fault - their provider in Atlanta is having some issues related to a data center migration. HostUS is a long-time provider and are good guys. I'm sure they will work to make it right for you.

QuickPacket - Charlotte, Los Angeles, Chicago, Manchester UK

• My VPS is back online. It is what it is........

• @qps said:
    The Atlanta stuff is not their fault - their provider in Atlanta is having some issues related to a data center migration. HostUS is a long-time provider and are good guys. I'm sure they will work to make it right for you.

They might be good guys, and a long-time provider. The Atlanta dc issue may not be their fault. It is what it is like what sidewinder says... But they could do better support. like the response times, and network status updates. They may be good for managed hosting.

So we restore all servers to another provider. It is what it is. Until now, nothing was explained. Nothing done to make it right.

• Its down again aw

@cazrz @webcraft @sidewinder thanks for your patience with us over the last few days. Please PM your ticket ID if you continue to experience issues.

Unfortunately this issue is out of our hands - our provider migrated everything in Atlanta with zero notice and minimal communication. We are equally as disappointed with our provider as our customers are disappointed with us.

It’s not the level of service that our customers deserve and we aim to make everything right.

Alexander

• Dose hostus has any plan upgrade Lax02 nodes from ovz6 to ovz7?

• @AlexanderM said:
    @cazrz @webcraft @sidewinder thanks for your patience with us over the last few days. Please PM your ticket ID if you continue to experience issues.

Unfortunately this issue is out of our hands - our provider migrated everything in Atlanta with zero notice and minimal communication. We are equally as disappointed with our provider as our customers are disappointed with us.

It’s not the level of service that our customers deserve and we aim to make everything right.

Alexander

I just noticed that there is no cancellation on "end of billing".

I'm sorry that I'm using this forum to get support from HostUS, it is not me. There is just a reason for it. I did not get the level of support I expect from this reputable, good guys and long time provider.

I already cancelled all the servers except one which I even shutdown. So I noticed no cancel on "end of billing" option. Invoice is already paid and there are still some months remaining. I'm not using it now as the sites were already moved to another provider.

But still I can idle it and use it on the last day. I just don't want to bother remembering its billing schedule as I have no plan renewing.

• Being with HostUs before, quite responsive support.

Suffered some network outage due to DDoS, got some credits afterwards. Quite reasonable staff.

Thanked by 1dontknow

My site, powered by Netlify and Let's Encrypt.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member

been with hostus also. don't remember why I left (prob went with some other cheap deal since I wasn't using it for anything important, or I just didn't need it) but it was good from what I remember

Thanked by 1dontknow

Favourite host in general: Ramnode (affiliate link)
    Favourite host for hourly billing/custom ISOs: Vultr ($50 free credit for new accounts, affiliate link)

• niceboyniceboy Member
    edited March 3

@AlexanderM no LET offers from you for a long time. Completely left LET?

Thanked by 1cybmp3

My list of reliable providers :
    Ramnode : HostHatch : Dediserve : Serverica : CloudCone : OnePoundWebHosting : Vultr : Lunanode : Few more under testing!

• vncouponvncoupon Member without signature

HostUS is a good provider.