Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IP swap in JP1 with Linode?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IP swap in JP1 with Linode?

Have a vps with Linode in JP1 DC, ip like 106.185.x.x, but the ip is blocked in China, and they don't offer IP swap for this according to support ticket.
Is there any solution that I can get a new ip for it? any experience?

Comments

• mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

I was told to just launch a new one and migrate when I tried this with a client. This was a few months back though. Best of luck to you!

• Thanks, but only JP2 is open right now, can't launch a new one with JP1.

@mmuyskens said:
    I was told to just launch a new one and migrate when I tried this with a client. This was a few months back though. Best of luck to you!

• catding said: Is there any solution that I can get a new ip for it

no.

• :( that is too bad. the JP1 has better performance to China.

@William said:

catding said: Is there any solution that I can get a new ip for it

no.

• Is it possible for you to add an additional IP address, and then drop the original one?

• hzrhzr Member

ElliotJ said: Is it possible for you to add an additional IP address, and then drop the original one?

not when the reasoning is "need another ip for proxy because i got my last one blacklisted"

Thanked by 1dedipromo
  • let me have a try.
    this vm not for proxy, has no proxy or vpn service at all, suddenly can't accessed in China.

@hzr said:

ElliotJ said: Is it possible for you to add an additional IP address, and then drop the original one?

not when the reasoning is "need another ip for proxy because i got my last one blacklisted"

• SenraSenra Member

@hzr said:

Even you have rational reason, they will also refuse, i had tried, they said the rest resource of JP DC 1 has been frozen and won't been allocated, so both upgrade plan and add ip are unavailable.

• Are they giving up JP1? when there is no vps in a node, they will remove it.

@Senra said:

@hzr said:

Even you have rational reason, they will also refuse, i had tried, they said the rest resource of JP DC 1 has been frozen and won't been allocated, so both upgrade plan and add ip are unavailable.

• @Senra said:

@hzr said:

Weird, i've never had any issues with requesting IP swaps at Linode and I've requested a number of them even without a reason as I was never asked why.

• mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

What was the outcome? Did they ever reply to you?

• catding said: Are they giving up JP1? when there is no vps in a node, they will remove it.

Yes, this seems to be the plan.

• William said: Yes, this seems to be the plan.

They can't cover the cost of network?! Or might be another reason?

• Aluminat said: They can't cover the cost of network?!

They could, sure, but why do that if another DC is cheaper and offers overall better performance? JP1 is aside of China pretty bad compared to the new one, and China is not the primary market of Linode.

Thanked by 1Aluminat