Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK VPS

Well what more do I need to say other than Virgin Media.

This fuck head looking more clueless than their fucking support. Back on topic.

Any Virt type.
128MB RAM min
Disk 3GB
Bandwidth 1-2TB.
IPv4 required because Virgin dont know what IPv6 is.
IPv6 would be nice to do a v6over4 tunnel.

A trial would be really really helpful, if not cheap monthly pricing.

Network is where it hits the shit. Direct connection with Virgin would be absolutely insanely good with connections with anyone else even He or Cogent.

Price point is flexible as I don't have VDSL on my road so I am stuck with Virgin or ADSL. 100mbit port is fine as I only have 100/6mbit

Ideally pricing would be under $5/mo I am currently testing DigitalOcean, Vultr, DevCapsule & Zare. NorthHosts isnt an option as it is pure Virgin.

Cheers.

Comments

• m3gfm3gf Member
    Thanked by 1racksx
  • @m3gf said:
    @clouvider ?

If anyone can offer a day trial sure. Current experiences aren't good on their network being on one of their customers.

• m3gfm3gf Member

though i dont know which provider is the best, i will not recommend piohost, heard that they delete customers'accoun just because the customer dont upload a ID photo.not just one, there are two victims. (Can i use word victim?)

• @m3gf said:
    though i dont know which provider is the best, i will not recommend piohost, heard that they delete customers'accoun just because the customer dont upload a ID photo.not just one, there are two victims. (Can i use word victim?)

I am using Piohost now with no issues, I will send ID if he requires. Thats life and trust.

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • trvztrvz Member

m3gf said: i will not recommend piohost

Thanks for the recommendation.

• To add, a VPS in Sheffield/Leeds/Newcastle would be hugely amazing as gets me off the VM Network faster.

• m3gfm3gf Member

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@m3gf said:

I am using Piohost now with no issues, I will send ID if he requires. Thats life and trust.

I wont because they are not a BIG company such as amazon google or something,

But ok, we are not doing reviews, back on topic, hope you will find a good deal.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2017

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@m3gf said:
    @clouvider ?

If anyone can offer a day trial sure. Current experiences aren't good on their network being on one of their customers.

Huh? What network issues have you been facing if I may ask ?

We run quite premium MPLS network, all based on (new) Juniper MX480, MX240 and MX104s with carriers like Level3, NTT, GTT, Telia, Cogent and own LINX port. We also have some direct premium peering with Liberty Global, the current owner of Virgin Media, and soon likely the sole upstream. We're known for excellent network and go out of the way to optimise routes for our Customers if they get stuck on a bad route.

I'd appreciate if you share what issues you're facing as to the best of my knowledge I'm not aware of any.

edited June 2017

He doesn't own it any more. http://www.libertyglobal.com/oo-united-kingdom.html

Don't expect much improvement now that Virgin Media doesn't peer directly and Liberty Global doesn't peer for free (with exception if you happen to be a Tier1 looking to connect to them for free). Most networks won't subsidise VM retail connections, so most hosting providers will go via Transits only which is bound to affect the performance.

edited June 2017

Sorry for not editing, I want the notifications to show up. If you're interested in VPS on our network, you might have a look at the following Customers of ours who are present here:

@AlexBarakov @AlexanderM @AnthonySmith @davidgestiondbi

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:
    Sorry for not editing, I want the notifications to show up. If you're interested in VPS on our network, you might have a look at the following Customers of ours who are present here:

@AlexBarakov @AlexanderM @AnthonySmith

Got a dedi with Clouvider, one of the best networks I've had for a UK vps (located in Milton Keynes using TalkTalk)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@Bopie @PioHost always :)

Currently using 2 VPSs, one in wigan and the other in bristol. Works great :)

• @Clouvider said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@m3gf said:
    @clouvider ?

Huh? What network issues have you been facing if I may ask ?

We run quite premium MPLS network, all based on Juniper MX480, MX240 and MX104s with carriers like Level3, NTT, GTT, Telia, Cogent and own LINX port. We also have some direct premium peering with Liberty Global, the current owner of Virgin Media. We're known for excellent network.

I'd appreciate if you share what issues you're facing as to the best of my knowledge I'm not aware of any.

I don't believe it was your network more of the host

GenjiSwitchPls said: I don't believe it was your network more of the host

I've PMed you to discuss.

D

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Thanks but you are not cheap enough for me to offer 128mb ram with 1TB BW :)

• @AnthonySmith said:

Thanks but you are not cheap enough for me to offer 128mb ram with 1TB BW :)

I mean as I said pricing is very flexible. 128MB isnt required just the bare minimum.

• BopieBopie Member

@m3gf said:

Yes I have deleted clients accounts that have not provided ID, why would any legitimate company that knows someone has signed up under false information offer them a service.

You can read all the "Piohost scam" or whatever you want to call it, threads on here and see that most of the people who are not happy are generally ones that have something to hide, I provide services for MANY let members and they are generally happy and if they are not they can vouch for me when I say this, but I go out of my way to make sure they are happy.

Anyway, I won't get into on here of course as its not some something for this post but if you feel like you have been treated unfairly then feel free to contact me, We are not perfect as a company and are always trying to improve our service.

@sanvit have you already spoken to me about the service in Wigan at all if not then please pm me.

Thanked by 2ucxo vmhaus
    edited June 2017

well the cheapest package I have with 1TB is the 2GB OpenVZ package.

2 vCPU Cores
    2GB Ram
    1GB vSWAP
    50GB Disk
    1000 GB Bandwidth
    1 x IPv4
    1 x /64 IPv6 Subnet

€3.50 p/month

Order Link

Looking Glass

• m3gfm3gf Member
    edited June 2017

@Bopie said:

@m3gf said:

Yes I have deleted clients accounts that have not provided ID, why would any legitimate company that knows someone has signed up under false information offer them a service.

You can read all the "Piohost scam" or whatever you want to call it, threads on here and see that most of the people who are not happy are generally ones that have something to hide, I provide services for MANY let members and they are generally happy and if they are not they can vouch for me when I say this, but I go out of my way to make sure they are happy.

Anyway, I won't get into on here of course as its not some something for this post but if you feel like you have been treated unfairly then feel free to contact me, We are not perfect as a company and are always trying to improve our service.

@sanvit have you already spoken to me about the service in Wigan at all if not then please pm me.

but you dont give them the time to get the data back , they care about data more than a few money,

edit: I dont know whats wrong with you or them, i just read some post , in a forum, there are at least 2 ( now there are 3) people complaining your services, that means something.

• BopieBopie Member

@m3gf I gather you mean a certain chinese forum? if not i would love a link maybe if you dont mind so i can at least go and put my point forward.

What i can say is that lately we have had a massive amount of fraud coming from China, Because of this we have had to do a full audit of all accounts, any accounts that have shown signs of false information i.e multiple different IP locations from over the world, and even things like using a US registered paypal with different names to the ones on their account, there were 7 of these particular cases which we suspended for 7 days and of course waited for responses, 2 people responded that day and had their service reinstated.

The other issue is that we have had to pull our machines from a location, it's not an easy thing to deal with but we have contacted affected customers with the issue etc, however, it seems that most of the emails did not send out but some did, We are in the process of contacting clients however they are free to contact us aswell.

Thanked by 1ucxo

m3gf said: but you dont give them the time to get the data back , they care about data more than a few money,

edit: I dont know whats wrong with you or them, i just read some post , in a forum, there are at least 2 ( now there are 3) people complaining your services, that means something.

I don't really think you need to comment based on other comments you have heard that you have no direct experience with, if a host has cause to ask for ID and the end user does not want to provide it then any host would do the same thing, this almost always happens before service is provisioned or very soon after so I really don't think there could be any meaningful data loss occurring.

If you feel that strongly about it make a new thread about what you have heard has happened to other people.

Thanked by 2Bopie ucxo
  • You want Virgin Media and Sheffield and nobody mentioned us :(

Give me a shout I'm sure I can sort something for you on our owned hardware in Sheffield (KVM VPS).

• @ratherbak3d said:
    You want Virgin Media and Sheffield and nobody mentioned us :(

Give me a shout I'm sure I can sort something for you on our owned hardware in Sheffield (KVM VPS).

Can ya pop me a test IP so I can cry at my internet?

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • GenjiSwitchPls said: Can ya pop me a test IP so I can cry at my internet?

Sure. Give me a sec.

• m3gfm3gf Member

@Bopie said:
    @m3gf I gather you mean a certain chinese forum? if not i would love a link maybe if you dont mind so i can at least go and put my point forward.

What i can say is that lately we have had a massive amount of fraud coming from China, Because of this we have had to do a full audit of all accounts, any accounts that have shown signs of false information i.e multiple different IP locations from over the world, and even things like using a US registered paypal with different names to the ones on their account, there were 7 of these particular cases which we suspended for 7 days and of course waited for responses, 2 people responded that day and had their service reinstated.

The other issue is that we have had to pull our machines from a location, it's not an easy thing to deal with but we have contacted affected customers with the issue etc, however, it seems that most of the emails did not send out but some did, We are in the process of contacting clients however they are free to contact us aswell.

yes a Chinese forum,

i am not here to judge your services or something, just post some thoughts,

i was thinking, if i am your customer , and i buy your VM for production use, you suspend my service suddenly just because i login account from mutiple IPs,

what am i going to do ? creating a ticket and waiting for a slow response? that is a production website, amy down time can cause money lost.

otherwise i heard that someone did upload their ID photo, but you still terminate their services, i dont know how you explain this.

and the last thing , most of the websites outside Asia is very slow to China, we use proxy to make the loading speed up, thats very normal, using proxy means nothing, if we want to fraud/ we will pay by BTC.

thats just my personal opinion, if any thing is not good or make a bad influence to your company, i will edit it and delete it.

• @m3gf I ask you kindly to fuck off my thread and continue this shitfest in PM.

Thanked by 2ratherbak3d ucxo
  • m3gfm3gf Member

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    @m3gf I ask you kindly to fuck off my thread and continue this shitfest in PM.

Is everyone in LET losing their mind?

• Try inceptionhosting

• @m3gf said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    @m3gf I ask you kindly to fuck off my thread and continue this shitfest in PM.

Is everyone in LET losing their mind?

No im searching for a VPS not shit. If I want shit I know to contact you in the future

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • BopieBopie Member

m3gf said: m3gf

No i don't want you to delete nothing as we have nothing to hide, Yes a few people have provided ID and their service was terminated, the reason for this is very comical, 1 user uploaded an ID found on Google (Anyone can reverse lookup on images) when he was caught out he sent another and once again was fake, and other users have done the same, like I said I have had multiple users who have simply provided ID and that was that, we unsuspended the service and they still host with us now.

What these people won't tell you is how we tried to work with them but they simply would not work with us, I have many Chinese clients that use VPNs etc and that's fine, we know it's better for them but when we ask why don't just tell us that its nothing to do with us, that's the issue that these people had, they would not provide any evidence and simply told us we could not ask for ID and then opened a dispute, as soon a dispute is opened that means that we simply stop replying to tickets and take it all to PayPal.