Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Host Solutions down... - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Host Solutions down...

Comments

• cociucociu Member
    edited June 2017

mosan7763 said: Any real ETA?

in vel 7 we repair the system files i hope today will be finished and will be online.

In vel8 we have to move arrownd 40 tb more and will be up. I want to change this node.

• cociucociu Member

qmesso said: @cociu Pls check Ticket ID: 638120. Thx for all.

Thanks for understand this is not our tiketing system.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited June 2017

@cociu said:
    maybe somethimes is better to ignore this threads when one is provocated with words.

Commenting here 24/7 is a waste of your time. Trolling is a fact of life on Internet forums.

Yes. It's definitely better to update a separate status page (hourly updates even) and include/LINK it in your LET signature.

I wish you good health.

Thanked by 1matthewkilpatrick
  • cociucociu Member
    edited June 2017

@vimalware said:

@cociu said:
    maybe somethimes is better to ignore this threads when one is provocated with words.

Commenting here 24/7 is a waste of your time. Trolling is a fact of life on Internet forums.

Yes. It's definitely better to update a separate status page (hourly updates even) and include/LINK it in your LET signature.

I wish you good health.

you will see all this mounted in 1-2 weks , a webpage with update of status with the issues, but now i have to concentrate in coordonate some people here to be a good work. So i am focused in puth this node online and repair my faults(i have faill in storage so will not happened again).

• qmessoqmesso Member

cociu said: Thanks for understand this is not our tiketing system.

Thank you for your understanding. Are you sure? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm talking about Hostsolutions.ro>

• williewillie Member

I logged in last night when I saw this thread and the vps was working fine. I left the ssh session connected and I see it is still connected. Otoh it's showing just over 1 day of uptime, so there was a reboot or something the day before yesterday that I didn't notice at the time.

• cociucociu Member
    edited June 2017

willie said: I logged in last night when I saw this thread and the vps was working fine. I left the ssh session connected and I see it is still connected. Otoh it's showing just over 1 day of uptime, so there was a reboot or something the day before yesterday that I didn't notice at the time.

yes almost all servers from our 3rd location , was down for 15 min due of electricity faill , now i asume you are not in vel 7 or vel 8 due of normnal working. The problem is only with this 2 nodes.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited June 2017

cociu said: yes almost all servers from our 3rd location , was down for 15 min due of electricity faill , now i asume you are not in vel 7 or vel 8 due of normnal working. The problem is only with this 2 nodes.

I am not trying to pile on here, and I don't have any of your services, but generally when we build out nodes we have an identical one sitting directly next to it where we can swap the drives to it and bring it online (or in the case of our microclouds we have an extra empty blade available). This is how most professional providers handle issues with bad nodes/hardware, not trying to manually copy data off one server to another as it seems you are doing. You should consider doing something similar and having a spare chassis / identical board available for failures. Not sure about you but we purposely use the same general hardware in all our deployments for this very reason, at any time we can simply swap drives into a new chassis, boot and things are ready to go in about 10-15 minutes (depending on difficulties bringing up the raid if one exists).

Of course if you sit here and try to copy a huge raid from one server to the other it will take forever. What it sounds like though is you have no hardware to replace these node and instead you are just moving people off onto other nodes that already exist (which probably means they will need to be moved again later). If you seriously are moving them to brand new hardware and you didn't think it would be a better idea to just swap the drives into the new server then I don't even know what to say to you.

Disclaimer: we are not a low end host so we build the cost of extra hardware into our prices to be able to support this type of quick hardware resolution and I realize with the promotional pricing you use this may not be feasible.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited June 2017

cociu

I think you can understand this from me as constructive criticism:

There are reasons. There are always reasons. Of course. And I trust you and believe your reasons, such as e.g. a major electrical problem.

But there is the customers perspective, too. And it's rather limited regarding reasons.

Mine is quite patient and understanding. Moreover I wouldn't expect anything from a crap-cheap special. I personally would just think that it's already fine and good if it runs with 90% availability.

But there are other customers, too. They expect things to work and not working to be the big exception. Maybe that's not a very smart expectation but it's the expectation they happen to have. And it's not an invalid one.

There are many hostsolutions threads here at LET. Granted, some are just envious or jealous or emotional or immature. But still there are many hostsolutions threads here and quite some are justified and understandable.

Just think of the storage special nightmare. Sure, it's not your failure when a node or two go crazy or break down. But neither is it the failure of the customers who paid for a service you offered.

I speak as someone who is known to be a friend of yours. Keep that in mind.

There are too many hostsolutions threads here, too many negative vibes, too frequently unhappy clients - and a considerable part of those vibes is not without reasonable basis.

That's something you should change. Urgently. Whatever you need to do to change that, change it, make it go away, turn hostsolutions into a nicely humming provider with a good reputation and considerably less noise and ugly vibes at LET.

Thanked by 2default vimalware
  • qmessoqmesso Member

• cociucociu Member

TheLinuxBug said: I am not trying to pile on here, and I don't have any of your services, but generally when we build out a nodes we have an identical one sitting directly next to it where we can swap the drives to it and bring it online (or in the case of our microclouds we have an extra empty blade available). This is how most professional providers handle issues with bad nodes/hardware, not trying to manually copy data off one server to another as it seems you are doing. You should consider doing something similar and having a spare chassis / identical board available for failures. Not sure about you but we purposely use the same general hardware in all our deployments for this very reason, at any time we can simply swap drives into a new chassis, boot and things are ready to go in about 10-15 minutes (depending on difficulties bringing up the raid if one exists).

it is what normaly we do because we sell hardware to so i dont think i dont have a server to replace. BUT in this case particulary is proxmox broken tooo so we need to fix proxmox file first and lather make this swich the server wich is take only 3 min . ... but is not the case here.

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
    edited June 2017

bsdguy said: There are too many hostsolutions threads here, too many negative vibes, too frequently unhappy clients - and a considerable part of those vibes is not without reasonable basis.

That's something you should change. Urgently. Whatever you need to do to change that, change it, make it go away, turn hostsolutions into a nicely humming provider with a good reputation and considerably less noise and ugly vibes at LET.

If they left the low end and charged a reasonable amount of money for their services where they could afford to keep hot spares as was described above in my post earlier then they wouldn't have to worry about this.

What I find ignorant of the LET user base is they rather buy something that is too cheap to sustain and provide proper redundancy for and still expect an enterprise level of service. You guys are the fools here, if you want something that is production ready and redundant with a moments notice you need to start spending 2-5x more than you are currently. Redundancy, hot spares, extra hard drives, extra raid cards, extra motherboards... these all cost money and when you guys pay peanuts and expect these types of things for free and to be handle immediately as if you are an enterprise customer, you are being ridiculous.

Sure communication could be better, but you guys really need to change your expectations for a service you are paying next to nothing for and where if you bought it from an enterprise provider would cost many times more than you are paying now.

Edit: to note, he stated they actually have hot spares but in this case was an issues with software. Still, if you need something immediately redundant then you should look into an OnApp provider who uses two volumes streams for every vm so if one node goes down you can be moved to another at a moments notice. You will find a provider who provides this will likely cost your multitudes more than you are paying now for the resources you get in these lowend solutions.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• cociucociu Member

bsdguy said: That's something you should change. Urgently. Whatever you need to do to change that, change it, make it go away, turn hostsolutions into a nicely humming provider with a good reputation and considerably less noise and ugly vibes at LET.

you know i respect much your critical words , also the good words, the problem here we have started to change something in storage plan from the first problems. Unfortunatly i have faill in some distribution of resources in this 2 tipical nodes. More from when happened last day the power down i have some electricals guys here to put a redundancy of all of this because yes was a verry bad luck this time (3 major issues in verry verry short time). If we have lost quality ... yes is true due of huge quantity of orders but i have take action , we have 2 more guys in our equipe to work and get rappid more quality, but in the same time i need to understand the people need acostumbrate with the new job. About if we work to improove ? yes clearly i work hard to improove the quality , at least i hope i know you know this. If will be something new after all this problems ? DEFINETLY YES ! What ? first we will implement 15 min tiketing support any day any hour wich in all our services. Also a webpage with all information is need when we will had more problems. Also i will precreate a newsletter wich will be prepared and send if we will face major problems. Let me 1 week to prove what i tell.

• DarioXDarioX Member

@cociu said:

bsdguy said: That's something you should change. Urgently. Whatever you need to do to change that, change it, make it go away, turn hostsolutions into a nicely humming provider with a good reputation and considerably less noise and ugly vibes at LET.

you know i respect much your critical words , also the good words, the problem here we have started to change something in storage plan from the first problems. Unfortunatly i have faill in some distribution of resources in this 2 tipical nodes. More from when happened last day the power down i have some electricals guys here to put a redundancy of all of this because yes was a verry bad luck this time (3 major issues in verry verry short time). If we have lost quality ... yes is true due of huge quantity of orders but i have take action , we have 2 more guys in our equipe to work and get rappid more quality, but in the same time i need to understand the people need acostumbrate with the new job. About if we work to improove ? yes clearly i work hard to improove the quality , at least i hope i know you know this. If will be something new after all this problems ? DEFINETLY YES ! What ? first we will implement 15 min tiketing support any day any hour wich in all our services. Also a webpage with all information is need when we will had more problems. Also i will precreate a newsletter wich will be prepared and send if we will face major problems. Let me 1 week to prove what i tell.

Can we please have an ETA for vel7? I don't want to be annoying, but if it is going to take another 3 days to get the node back online, I'm going to have to ask for a refund. You also have to understand that people buy something because they need it. Since I've paid for the VPS (28. Apr.) it has been working for what, 5 days? Maybe even less. At least tell us when we can expect the node to be reasonably stable.

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    have an identical one sitting directly next to it where we can swap the drives to it and bring it online

In the context of the price of several expensive large hard drives, this makes a lot of sense @cociu

edited June 2017

DarioX said: Can we please have an ETA for vel7? I don't want to be annoying, but if it is going to take another 3 days to get the node back online, I'm going to have to ask for a refund. You also have to understand that people buy something because they need it. Since I've paid for the VPS (28. Apr.) it has been working for what, 5 days? Maybe even less. At least tell us when we can expect the node to be reasonably stable.

In my opinion this issue should not validate a refund. It should instead trigger the SLA policy of the provider to compensate you per their SLA for your downtime. You agreed to this when you agreed to their terms of services and AUP upon signing up.

Were you to ask for a refund, they may give it to you, but really they are not obligated too and really you should have better morals and ethics than to expect compensation other than what is laid out in the agreement you agreed to.

It is unfortunate that you have downtime, but you are not paying for an enterprise production level of service, you are probably paying what, 5-7$ a month? You can't buy a lowend service and expect enterprise level results, somethings got to give and in this case it's issues with the node you are on, which you should have factored into the low low price you pay.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• DarioXDarioX Member

@TheLinuxBug said:

DarioX said: Can we please have an ETA for vel7? I don't want to be annoying, but if it is going to take another 3 days to get the node back online, I'm going to have to ask for a refund. You also have to understand that people buy something because they need it. Since I've paid for the VPS (28. Apr.) it has been working for what, 5 days? Maybe even less. At least tell us when we can expect the node to be reasonably stable.

In my opinion this issue should not validate a refund. It should instead trigger the SLA policy of the provider to compensate you per their SLA for your downtime. You agreed to this when you agreed to their terms of services and AUP upon signing up.

Were you to ask for a refund, they may give it to you, but really they are not obligated too and really you should have better morals and ethics than to expect compensation other than what is laid out in the agreement you agreed to.

It is unfortunate that you have downtime, but you are not paying for an enterprise production level of service, you are probably paying what, 5-7$ a month? You can't buy a lowend service and expect enterprise level results, somethings got to give and in this case it's issues with the node you are on, which you should have factored into the low low price you pay.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Where did I say that they are obligated to give me a refund? I would just assume that they would happily give me one, since I've had an uptime of barely 20%. What makes you think that they won't give me a refund? I'm sure Marius is a good person, any decent person would provide a refund for a service that basically wasn't provided. Paying peanuts doesn't justify such miserable uptime.

• DarioX said: Where did I say that they are obligated to give me a refund? I would just assume that they would happily give me one, since I've had an uptime of barely 20%. What makes you think that they won't give me a refund? I'm sure Marius is a good person, any decent person would provide a refund for a service that basically wasn't provided. Paying peanuts doesn't justify such miserable uptime.

How would anything have changed if you had server for two months prior to this issue and had no issue, but were now seeing this issue? Would you come here also asking for a refund? Would you expect him to fix the services for you 'immediately' as if you are an enterprise customer?

Based on your reply I firmly believe you don't understand LET and what a low end box is. This isn't an enterprise service and you should not be expecting 99.9999% uptime, granted even 80% would be reasonable at the price you paid.

I am not saying you shouldn't get your service but I am sure once this is resolved it will likely be much more stable. Instead, you should ask for the SLA credits granted to you in the TOS (if they provide any at all?) and then should see how things work out going forward. If at the end of the month (plus whatever time they grant you from the SLA) you are still not happy, cancel the service before you make your next payment and move on.

You think refund is just a refund, they still have to eat the processing costs for your payment even if they refund you. Therefore, it costs them money just to return your money to you. All this because you were not willing to abide by the agreement you agreed to when you signed up.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• DarioXDarioX Member

@TheLinuxBug said:

DarioX said: Where did I say that they are obligated to give me a refund? I would just assume that they would happily give me one, since I've had an uptime of barely 20%. What makes you think that they won't give me a refund? I'm sure Marius is a good person, any decent person would provide a refund for a service that basically wasn't provided. Paying peanuts doesn't justify such miserable uptime.

How would anything have changed if you had server for two months prior to this issue and had no issue, but were now seeing this issue? Would you come here also asking for a refund? Would you expect him to fix the services for you 'immediately' as if you are an enterprise customer?

Based on your reply I firmly believe you don't understand LET and what a low end box is. This isn't an enterprise service and you should not be expecting 99.9999% uptime, granted even 80% would be reasonable at the price you paid.

I am not saying you shouldn't get your service but I am sure once this is resolved it will likely be much more stable. Instead, you should ask for the SLA credits granted to you in the TOS (if they provide any at all?) and then should see how things work out going forward. If at the end of the month (plus whatever time they grant you from the SLA) you are still not happy, cancel the service before you make your next payment and move on.

You think refund is just a refund, they still have to eat the processing costs for your payment even if they refund you. Therefore, it costs them money just to return your money to you. All this because you were not willing to abide by the agreement you agreed to when you signed up.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Immediately? I don't think your understand the situation here. The VPS has been working for 5 days since I bought it, which is a generous 20% uptime! Nobody is expecting 99% uptime or a full refund, I don't understand why you keep riding on the fact that this LET. I hate to break it to you, but there are other providers here on LET that are in the very low price range (see Virmach for example, but there are many more) and still manage to provide > 97% uptime and a stable service. If you think I don't have the right to complain about 20% uptime and obvious lack of communication, well, in all honesty, that's only your problem.

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited June 2017

@DarioX

I know both cociu and hostsolutions quite well. Let me first state clearly that, yes, that whole storage server thing looks kind of fucked up.

Cociu certainly meant it well but in the end he started the storage server thing too early and unprepared and sold too many too quickly. Plus, as the saying goes, bad luck loves to crap where there is already pain and so a major electricity problem struck hostsolutions on top of the already not exactly happy situation.

But weird as it may sound, cociu actually demonstrated that he is dead serious about quality and good service by doing that endless (so it seemed) node transfer from a failed node to a working one. Most others would have taken the bandaid route to stop the bad publicity bleeding here at LET. Not cociu. He rather took even more time - and more beating - for stubbornly doing the right thing and saving terabytes of client data and transferring everything to a good node.

I can't speak for hostsolutions but based on my experience I'd bet that in the end you'll end up with a fine storage server with an availability in the 97% to 99.5% range, which would be ridiculously excellent for such a cheap special.

I know (from experience) that they move their asses and work in turbo mode to get things working properly. I also know some of their team and can confirm that hostsolutions has some capable and experienced network and hosting techies who know damn well what they are doing.

Thanked by 2vimalware sipe
  • FredQcFredQc Member
    edited June 2017

Well, I cancelled my two storage VPS with HostSolutions. It is not related to this event, but the fact that they take weeks to answer tickets and they don't take actions. I asked for one of my VPS to be migrated to another node (because 2 storage vps on the same node doesn't make sense) on April 24th. Fair enough, I got an answer in about 6 min telling me to ask again on tomorrow, as they are "busy deploying the orders". I did it, but then, I only got an answer on May 13th to confirm the migration. Confirmation sent, but still, no answer or migration done. We are now on June 3rd.

That's why I'm leaving. I don't have anything against you @cociu but think about it from the customer perspective for a second, just like @bsdguy said.

edited June 2017

DarioX said: Immediately? I don't think your understand the situation here. The VPS has been working for 5 days since I bought it, which is a generous 20% uptime! Nobody is expecting 99% uptime or a full refund, I don't understand why you keep riding on the fact that this LET. I hate to break it to you, but there are other providers here on LET that are in the very low price range (see Virmach for example, but there are many more) and still manage to provide > 97% uptime and a stable service. If you think I don't have the right to complain about 20% uptime and obvious lack of communication, well, in all honesty, that's only your problem.

The only thought I had was, 'Gee this guy seems like an asshole, ordered an low end service and has encountered issues and seems to bitch about it as if it was some service he paid much more for. Maybe he doesn't realize he is being an asshole and just thinks that if he has some issue the provider should jump to return his money, or maybe he has simply just outed him self as someone who should be avoided as a customer here on LET as he is unable to understand the agreement he made with the provider when he agreed to the TOS and AUP.'

Far be it for me to try and treat you like this wasn't the case and actually try and make you see the error in your ways, that would be horrible and is 'only my problem', I guess.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Cheers!

• FalzoFalzo Member

TheLinuxBug said: You can't buy a lowend service and expect enterprise level results

while this of course is true, it also should be considered true, that if you buy any service you can expect it to simply be delivered in a working state.
    despite any SLA and terms you would expect any piece of tech you buy at your local store to simply work or you would return it.

also no one here really expected enterprise level results at all or complains about missing the second 9.

of course we can discuss where to draw a line in terms of services that depend on being 'available' online. and so I don't think anyone expects >99% of any lowend service, but even assuming a good portion of downtime I'd say anything below 90% will render any product inadequate or kaputt.

it seems quite unrealistic to me saying 5 days working out of 5 weeks is what one have to accept after choosing to be a cheapskate - just because there was no SLA defined.

Thanked by 2DarioX TheLinuxBug
    edited June 2017

Falzo said: it seems quite unrealistic to me saying 5 days working out of 5 weeks is what one have to accept after choosing to be a cheapskate - just because there was no SLA defined.

I think you misread, he said he signed-up 5 days ago and there is now an outage. His original question was how long it would take and stated if it was 3 days he wanted a refund. My bet is its resolved before that, but my point was any downtime he does experience would/will likely be compensated for, which is what was agreed to in the TOS, not a refund.

I would hope when he purchased services he did it after reading reviews and coming to the understanding that things are generally stable but there may be some issues from time to time (at least that is what I get from reading Hosting Solutions reviews and forum threads here). So he should have had the correct expectations from the start that their could be some issues.

Fast forward to today... after 5 days there is an issue and the first thing he does is come here and bitch about the first issue he encounters and starts talking about a refund. I think this pretty much says he didn't do any of those things and the reason he is upset is because he had the wrong expectations.

As a courtesy, I was only trying to adjust his expectations to be more realistic, though it seems he doesn't want to hear it.

I digress.

Cheers!

• DarioXDarioX Member

@bsdguy said:
    @DarioX

I know both cociu and hostsolutions quite well. Let me first state clearly that, yes, that whole storage server thing looks kind of fucked up.

>

I can only hope that what you say is true and I have no reason to not believe you. What I don't understand is why cociu comes in this thread only to explain how they messed up and how they are going to improve in the future, which is nice and a honest thing to do, but ultimately always fails to provide any information regarding when the node will be online again. All I'm asking is for an ETA, it doesn't even have to be something precise: is it going to take 1 day or 1 week? That would already be enough information, so that I can act accordingly. I don't think this is too much to ask.

@TheLinuxBug said:

Falzo said: it seems quite unrealistic to me saying 5 days working out of 5 weeks is what one have to accept after choosing to be a cheapskate - just because there was no SLA defined.

I think you misread, he said he signed-up 5 days ago and there is now an outage. His original question was how long it would take and stated if it was 3 days he wanted a refund. My bet is its resolved before that, but my point was any downtime he does experience would/will likely be compensated for, which is what was agreed to in the TOS, not a refund.

>

I can only recommend to read what I wrote again, as you don't seem to have understood it at all. My English might be bad, but what I wrote should be understandable for most people. I'm just going to assume that you didn't read it properly at this point.

• ChristianDSHChristianDSH Member, Host Rep

TheLinuxBug said: I think you misread, he said he signed-up 5 days ago and there is now an outage.

TheLinuxBug said: Fast forward to today... after 5 days there is an issue and the first thing he does is come here and bitch about the first issue he encounters and starts talking about a refund.

I think he's referring to the quote below, if i'm not mistaken there's the month of may between april and june, so 5 weeks seems about right.

DarioX said: Since I've paid for the VPS (28. Apr.) it has been working for what, 5 days?

Thanked by 2DarioX TheLinuxBug
  • cociucociu Member
    edited June 2017

Guys ... is about 55 customers here , so let be clear i can refound any time hi want any customers of this 2 node. I understand perfectly , last time we have compensate 1 month for free instead of 6 days fsck ..... so the compensation of SLA is not a problem for me and is verry understanded. Also .... is 2 node from x with 55 clients , is this bad quality ? really dont think so.

Thanked by 3ChristianDSH PM512 sipe
  • ChristianDSH said: I think he's referring to the quote below, if i'm not mistaken there's the month of may between april and june, so 5 weeks seems about right.

You indeed are correct, maybe I need to quit the internet for today as my poor mind must be fried. You are right that I missed the whole 5 week thing and the April part, I just read 5 days, for that my apologies.

@ChristianDSH Thanks for taking the time to expose my mistake, I did miss that.

@DarioX sorry for misunderstanding the dates, still, my point is SLA credits is the correct way to go, not a refund. As @cociu said, they will provide SLA credits as appropriate. I just get annoyed by people who immediately go the 'refund me' or the 'charge back route' when issues come up as that isn't the correct way for it to be handled.

Cheers!

Thanked by 2DarioX Falzo
  • PM512PM512 Member

I know cociu is working hard. I am just sad that I purchased the VPS on 23/5 but still haven't been able to use it :( Hope the team at HostSolutions can solve it soon.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

This thread should just be closed, the host should put an announcement on their billing and support system and EVERYONE should stop using LET as the first second or even third option for support, it is ridiculous.

Thanked by 3vimalware Shade datako
This discussion has been closed.