Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS or dedicated server for mass port scan for investigation purposes
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS or dedicated server for mass port scan for investigation purposes

Hi,

We need a server for doing an investigation about the type of services running in the internet and how it changes during time.

The are already some investigators doing this, however it is hard to find a host from where to
do it without violating the terms and conditions of the server provider.

Tool:

Somewhat similar investigation:

Comments

• 127001127001 Member

I don't think you'll find a low end price offer, but the terminology you need to search for online is "bulletproof vps." There are a handful of providers who are not absolutely ridiculously priced.

• https://box.cock.li/?r=463

My affiliate (choose to use if you wish) for CockBox. Been using for 4 months for masscan, the owner is Vincent Canfield (Google his name) and is fine with port scans.

Thanked by 1unbalancedparen
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

"I need to scan port 23, thanks"

Francisco

Thanked by 1dwtbf
  • sinsin Member
    edited May 2017

@mikewazar said:
    https://box.cock.li/?r=463

My affiliate (choose to use if you wish) for CockBox. Been using for 4 months for masscan, the owner is Vincent Canfield (Google his name) and is fine with port scans.

lol I'm tempted to try out one of these vpses, how's the uptime on yours?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Francisco said: "I need to scan port 23, thanks"

I hated ssh when it came out in the 90s, because telnet was SO MUCH EASIER TO USE. None of that tedious key creation nonsense...and we'd already done the work of kerberizing telnet, so what was the point?

Fortunately, ssh won out.

My employer still has AIX systems that depend on rexec for their cluster commo...ugh.

• @sin said:

@mikewazar said:

lol I'm tempted to try out one of these vpses, how's the uptime on yours?

Very good uptime and DDoS protection - if it ever goes down you can call Vincent or message him on Signal and he's always around to fix it.

Thanked by 1sin
  • mikewazar, thanks for the link. i will probably use it.

does anybody know another vps or dedicated server provider similar to cockbox?

• @unbalancedparen said:
    Hi,

We need a server for doing an investigation about the type of services running in the internet and how it changes during time.

The are already some investigators doing this, however it is hard to find a host from where to
    do it without violating the terms and conditions of the server provider.

Tool:

Somewhat similar investigation:

what specs of server you want?

• @mikewazar said:

Just want to tag @Nekki as he has maybe glanced over the fact someone recommended a provider called box.cock.li

• Just want to tag @Nekki as he has maybe glanced over the fact someone recommended a provider called box.cock.li

Lmfao

• @Thomas50 said:

2 or 4GB of ram, and at least 100Mbps. What can you provide and for what price?

• I recommend volumedrive or wholesaleinternet, As they allow port scan.

• @unbalancedparen said:

@Thomas50 said:

2 or 4GB of ram, and at least 100Mbps. What can you provide and for what price?

yup,dedicated server,just 28$.

• jikjikjikjik Member

Hmm, can we post an offer for the OP here? As I wanted to offer a VPS in Ecatel for him.

• pikepike Veteran

@jikjik said:
    Hmm, can we post an offer for the OP here? As I wanted to offer a VPS in Ecatel for him.

He already got a cockbox, offer your ecatel VPS to me instead pls.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited June 2017

@mikewazar said:

I saw the "Dear Sir or Madam" I thought that was from OVH as they include the exact same beginning in their emails too, their friench ones are Mr/Mrs (In French) and then your last name as well.

• jikjikjikjik Member

@pike said:

@jikjik said:

He already got a cockbox, offer your ecatel VPS to me instead pls.

I can offer this:
    2GB ram
    1 CPU core
    30GB SSD (no raid)
    Windows or Linux

$25 monthly.

Thanked by 1pike
  • pikepike Veteran

@jikjik said:
    I can offer this:
    2GB ram
    1 CPU core
    30GB SSD (no raid)
    Windows or Linux

$25 monthly.

I guess I just get the cheapest dedi from novogara then. But thanks for the offer, maybe someone else is interested in this (as I know very few ecatel resellers).

• Thanks for the answers. I will contract most providers for one month since I want to test them.

This discussion has been closed.