Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need to buy ip's as I use them?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need to buy ip's as I use them?

xxlxxxlx Member

Hey Im looking to buy ip's in bulk (1000+). The problem i have is that i need to have them on standby until Im ready to use them. Basically Im going to end up buying 1000s but Im not sure exactly how many I need. I really cant just be paying for all these ips every month, just to have them sitting there, not bieng used. Do you guys think anyone would make this deal? Basically bulk price but not buying it all at once?

Ok so I know there are people with RIPE membership, that just have so many ip's that they arent even using, these are the kind of people I want to buy from. They pay so little for huge amounts of ips, Im looking to get ips but not like 10000 how u get them in RIPE, more like 1000. Im looking to pay around 50cents/ip per month.

Comments

• hzrhzr Member

if your request is legitimate, i may be able to help. what exactly are you using it for? no bullshit, no vague answers.

• xxlxxxlx Member

@hzr said:
    if your request is legitimate, i may be able to help. what exactly are you using it for? no bullshit, no vague answers.

Do you have a site or any way to see you are a legit provider, you dont have the provider tag?

• What for be completely honest and you'll get honest answers.

• xxlxxxlx Member

I will tell people Id rather say it in PM so if you are interested, just pm.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2017

What incentive i have to do this?

I can sell you the IPs or i can sell them to someone else who has the cash and pays immediate.

xxlx said: that just have so many ip's that they arent even using, these are the kind of people I want to buy from

Sure, but why would they sell to you for near zero profit? If i offer a /24 for sale at 5EUR/IP it is gone in less than an hour, guaranteed, always....

xxlx said: Basically bulk price but not buying it all at once?

There is no reason for anyone to do this, the SOLE thing of bulk is that you COMMIT to the amount, not that you "might" need it...

xxlx said: but not like 10000 how u get them in RIPE

RIPE gives new members 1024 IPs. Nothing more.

• quickquick Member

• apollo15apollo15 Member
    edited May 2017

xxlx said: They pay so little for huge amounts of ips

then go ahead and you pay RIPE "so little" to get IPs, what is the problem?

• xxlxxxlx Member
    edited May 2017

@William said:
    What incentive i have to do this?

I can sell you the IPs or i can sell them to someone else who has the cash and pays immediate.

xxlx said: that just have so many ip's that they arent even using, these are the kind of people I want to buy from

Sure, but why would they sell to you for near zero profit? If i offer a /24 for sale at 5EUR/IP it is gone in less than an hour, guaranteed, always....

xxlx said: Basically bulk price but not buying it all at once?

There is no reason for anyone to do this, the SOLE thing of bulk is that you COMMIT to the amount, not that you "might" need it...

xxlx said: but not like 10000 how u get them in RIPE

RIPE gives new members 1024 IPs. Nothing more.

Are you talking about a 1 time fee of 5 eur?

• WilliamWilliam Member

xxlx said: Are you talking about a 1 time fee of 5 eur?

That is the market price on a /22, yes.

• xxlxxxlx Member
    edited May 2017

@apollo15 said:

xxlx said: They pay so little for huge amounts of ips

then go ahead and you pay RIPE "so little" to get IPs, what is the problem?

I dont have like $3000 to pay upfront, really dont know shit about ripe. I think you pay 2000, then 1200 per year*, and get back the 2000? idk on the site its confusing

• xxlxxxlx Member

@William said:

xxlx said: Are you talking about a 1 time fee of 5 eur?

That is the market price on a /22, yes.

I really dont understand how it can be a 1 time fee, where are they coming from? I get that you either rent or own the block. So people are getting them from like RIR and sell them for more?

• WilliamWilliam Member

xxlx said: I really dont understand how it can be a 1 time fee, where are they coming from?

... from RIPE? You can sell IPs and transfer them to another LIR, there is even a trading interface in the lir portal since years...

xxlx said: So people are getting them from like RIR and sell them for more?

In theory... sort of. In practice you need to wait years to do that.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

xxlx said: asically bulk price but not buying it all at once?

Does that work in any other field?

"If I buy 5,000 new cars from you, will you give me a better price than if I just buy one?"

"Sure, we can give you a great discount!"

"OK, I want that discount but I'm only going to buy one for now."

• teamaccteamacc Member

Saying "buying", actually meaning "renting".

• xxlx said: I dont have like $3000 to pay upfront,

That's a common problem. A bank loan would solve that. You need to convince the bank that your business plan is solid. Asking on LET for a loan is probably not the best idea though. Try LEB.

• xxlxxxlx Member

Ok So Im looking at Arin instead of ripe because I want USA ips. The thing about Arin that i like is you can get a membership for just a /24 which is good for me. I dont get how it works though. Are you buying 1 /24 per year (or /22 with ripe)? Like you will now own the ips? or are you just renting the same /24 and paying year after year?

• WilliamWilliam Member

xxlx said: The thing about Arin that i like is you can get a membership for just a /24 which is good for me

You cannot. ARIN is empty. You get nothing at all.