Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK Tower Colocation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK Tower Colocation

entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

Hey,

Does anyone know any decent UK tower colocation?

Looking to move one of my old machines into colocation and use it as a server.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

entrailz said: Looking to move one of my old machines into colocation and use it as a server.

Dedi will be cheaper unless you buy a colo at a basement-style DC.

• I mean if you find anyone make sure to post it here. I know NorthHosts could probably do this.

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:

entrailz said: Looking to move one of my old machines into colocation and use it as a server.

Dedi will be cheaper unless you buy a colo at a basement-style DC.

Would you be able to offer this? If so, at what price point?

• lurchlurch Member

Northhosts offered this when I asked before but will be similar price to a dedi.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

How many U that will take ? 1U is about 4.5 cm. You're probably looking at 5U so that will be well in excess of £100 for us. If still interested please PM the expected power consumption and I'll give you an accurate quote.

D

@Clouvider said:
    How many U that will take ? 1U is about 4.5 cm. You're probably looking at 5U so that will be well in excess of £100 for us. If still interested please PM the expected power consumption and I'll give you an accurate quote.

D

Ah okay, that is a little high. Appreciate you taking the time.

• farnoxfarnox Member

Many DCs in Germany offer tower colocation. Will be around €40 a month.

@farnox said:
    Many DCs in Germany offer tower colocation. Will be around €40 a month.

Sadly I would like it to be UK so I have the chance of accessing the server in person.

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

As others are saying, it would just be cheaper to rent a dedi

• @rmlhhd said:
    As others are saying, it would just be cheaper to rent a dedi

It's also a lot easier when something dies (because it's the providers problem to replace the failed hardware)

If it's a small itx type machine colocker would take it.

• VirpusVirpus Member, Host Rep

We can offer you colocation in Spain if that helps you out. Shoot me a PM if you are interested

Sadly it wont fit in colocker, its a mid tower. I could look into moving into into a small chassis, and the good side is colocker is a 10 minute drive from me...

• I had a machine in there in a silverstone DS380, well actually it's still there at the moment but it's also a paperweight (Probably the C2xxx LPC clock issue).

The people behind it are usually very accommodating but don't expect enterprise grade, it's fine for a personal machine or an offsite NAS but I wouldn't want to run anything mission critical from there.

Their bandwidth is usually ok for domestic traffic but I'm not convinced their transit connectivity is that good, My guess is they've got a lot more bandwidth to peering than they do transit.

• @dragon2611 said:
    I had a machine in there in a silverstone DS380, well actually it's still there at the moment but it's also a paperweight (Probably the C2xxx LPC clock issue).

The people behind it are usually very accommodating but don't expect enterprise grade, it's fine for a personal machine or an offsite NAS but I wouldn't want to run anything mission critical from there.

Their bandwidth is usually ok for domestic traffic but I'm not convinced their transit connectivity is that good, My guess is they've got a lot more bandwidth to peering than they do transit.

I mean if its not much use I'll take the case and SFX PSU off you. £185 for a case off amazon is ew

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2017

Try the following guys:
    https://www.serverchoice.com/colocation
    https://www.scdc.co.uk/colocation
    They do have the following options:
    SC-1 Stevenage, SC-2 Welwyn and SC-3 London

Unfortunately, you need to contact them to find price or quote - old way as they can't be bothered to publish the prices.

• @GenjiSwitchPls said:

I mean if its not much use I'll take the case and SFX PSU off you. £185 for a case off amazon is ew

I'll probably swap the board out for another itx one and use it as a homeserver.

Thanked by 1GenjiSwitchPls