Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows VPS in Canada
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows VPS in Canada

Looking for a budget licensed Windows VPS in Canada. (Ontario/Quebec preferred).
1GB to 2GB RAM. Small amount of disk space required.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• ihadpihadp Member

OVH SSD VPS + WhatUpTime.com Template = Windows Evaluation

• @ihadp said:

Thanks, but not interested in Evaluation copy.
    I also don't want to do the install myself: I am looking for a host offering Windows VPS directly.

• ihadpihadp Member

@eric1212 said:

@ihadp said:

Thanks, but not interested in Evaluation copy.
    I also don't want to do the install myself: I am looking for a host offering Windows VPS directly.

Which Windows version do you need (2012 R2, 2016 etc.)?

BuyVM offers free Windows on their slices, but the closest that have would be NY, which honestly would only be a few MS more than if it were in Ontario (assuming you are also in Canada).

https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @ihadp said:
    Which Windows version do you need (2012 R2, 2016 etc.)?

BuyVM offers free Windows on their slices, but the closest that have would be NY, which honestly would only be a few MS more than if it were in Ontario (assuming you are also in Canada).

https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices

Thanks for the info.
    Any Windows version will work for me.
    There's a lot of amazing offers for Windows VPS in USA around $5 to $8/m but I'm looking for one with a Canadian IP address.

• edited May 2017

Tagging @vmhaus

He throws in server 2008 keys for free on larger plans like 1GB

Also maybe try CycloneServer they in NC. Probably too far but he throws keys in also

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@eric1212 ,we can offer our 1GB plan in Canada with Windows 2008R2 license included for $5/Month.

2 x Cores (Xeon 4.2GHz)
    1GB DDR4 Ram
    15GB NVMe SSD Storage
    20TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps Port
    1 x IPv4
    1 x IPv6
    1 x Private IP
    Windows 2008R2 License 
    Anti DDoS Pro
    Link: https://manager.vmhaus.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=4

• @vmhaus said:
    @eric1212 ,we can offer our 1GB plan in Canada with Windows 2008R2 license included for $5/Month.

> 2 x Cores (Xeon 4.2GHz)
    > 1GB DDR4 Ram
    > 15GB NVMe SSD Storage
    > 20TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps Port
    > 1 x IPv4
    > 1 x IPv6
    > 1 x Private IP
    > Windows 2008R2 License 
    > Anti DDoS Pro
    > Link: https://manager.vmhaus.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=4
    > 

Great offer. I don't see Windows mentioned in the order nor in the OS selection form.
    I will research your company and consider it though! Thanks!

edited May 2017

@eric1212 said:

@vmhaus said:

> > 2 x Cores (Xeon 4.2GHz)
    > > 1GB DDR4 Ram
    > > 15GB NVMe SSD Storage
    > > 20TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps Port
    > > 1 x IPv4
    > > 1 x IPv6
    > > 1 x Private IP
    > > Windows 2008R2 License 
    > > Anti DDoS Pro
    > > Link: https://manager.vmhaus.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=4
    > > 

Great offer. I don't see Windows mentioned in the order nor in the OS selection form.
    I will research your company and consider it though! Thanks!

Yes, due to limited number of licenses that we have, we do not offer Windows publicly on our order forms. It will be available under OS Re-install in the Control Panel upon completion of purchase. :) Cheers

• Lunanode (or someone else who allows you to upload a custom ISO) should let you install Windows.

• @cirrus_cloud said:
    Lunanode (or someone else who allows you to upload a custom ISO) should let you install Windows.

Thanks for suggestion but I don't have the ISO to upload, nor a Windows license. As stated, I need a licensed Windows VPS from a provider who offers Windows directly.

• cirrus_cloudcirrus_cloud Member
    edited May 2017

@eric1212 said:

@cirrus_cloud said:
    Lunanode (or someone else who allows you to upload a custom ISO) should let you install Windows.

Thanks for suggestion but I don't have the ISO to upload, nor a Windows license. As stated, I need a licensed Windows VPS from a provider who offers Windows directly.

Yeah, I guess I didn't read your post fully. Cloud at Cost I think supports Windows. They're in Toronto I believe, although I bet that's probably not the highest provider on most people's lists, although I can say I think their service has improved over time. ioping actually has decent results for me.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

God no. Don't touch cloud at cost at any price!

Thanked by 1eric1212
  • eric1212eric1212 Member
    edited May 2017

Received a couple private messages but looks like @vmhaus is still the winner so far....

Thanked by 3pbgben vmhaus maldovia
  • @agoldenberg said:
    God no. Don't touch cloud at cost at any price!

;)))))

• GamerGamer Member

@eric1212 said:
    Received a couple private messages but looks like @vmhaus is still the winner so far....

Great choice, I have a 4GB windows vps in Canada with vmhaus.... and I'm very happy thus far. Support and performance/network is awesome :)

Thanked by 2vmhaus eric1212
  • eric1212eric1212 Member
    edited June 2017

@vmhaus said:
    Yes, due to limited number of licenses that we have, we do not offer Windows publicly on our order forms. It will be available under OS Re-install in the Control Panel upon completion of purchase. :) Cheers

And it is licensed, or "evaluation" copy?
    @Gamer

• @vmhaus, I am looking for a Windows VPS too. Licensed 2012 please with
    4GB RAM and at least 100GB disk space. Tried to order VMH-4GB-CA and see if I could add more disk space but it won't let me get that far. Says out of stock.

Oh yes, I need one additional IPv4 address. Can you please let me know the cost for that too.

Thanks.

@eric1212 said:

@vmhaus said:

And it is licensed, or "evaluation" copy?
    @Gamer

Dear Eric, its licensed 2008R2. Thanks!

@mansoor said:
    @vmhaus, I am looking for a Windows VPS too. Licensed 2012 please with
    4GB RAM and at least 100GB disk space. Tried to order VMH-4GB-CA and see if I could add more disk space but it won't let me get that far. Says out of stock.

Oh yes, I need one additional IPv4 address. Can you please let me know the cost for that too.

Thanks.

Dear mansoor, first of all thanks for your interest in our offerings, unfortunately we are not able to provide 2012 License and 100GB of NVMe disk space at the moment. Thanks!

• @vmhaus, what large windows VPS do you have at the moment in stock?

@mansoor said:
    @vmhaus, what large windows VPS do you have at the moment in stock?

Is FR location ok for you?

• @vmhaus said:

@mansoor said:
    @vmhaus, what large windows VPS do you have at the moment in stock?

Is FR location ok for you?

Unfortunately not. I am Not limited to Canada, but it does need to be a North American location.

• jikjikjikjik Member

@eric1212, you can have below from Quebec for $12

2GB ram
    1 CPU core
    20GB SSD (no raid)
    10TB traffic
    Weekly backup
    Windows 2008 or 2012 (licensed) 
  • @vmhaus said:

@mansoor said:

Thanks.

Dear mansoor, first of all thanks for your interest in our offerings, unfortunately we are not able to provide 2012 License and 100GB of NVMe disk space at the moment. Thanks!

Can you please tell what is limiting you. I can provide me own license for Windows 2016 Standard. Will that help? Are you able to offer the VMH-GB with 100GB in North America?

edited June 2017

@mansoor said:

@vmhaus said:

@mansoor said:

Thanks.

Can you please tell what is limiting you. I can provide me own license for Windows 2016 Standard. Will that help? Are you able to offer the VMH-GB with 100GB in North America?

Dear @mansoor,

The limiting factor is that all our current CA nodes are full and not able to provide 100GB of disk space at the moment. We will be deploying new nodes next week. Our resources are now focused on our new UK location which will be up on 6th of June.

We can offer you a 4GB Ram + 100GB NVMe Disk Space for $25/Month with your own Windows License
    The original 4GB plans comes with 50GB of disk by default and i am only adding $10/Month for additional 50GB of NVMe disk space. All disk space are provisioned on thick LVM and we do not oversell disk space :D Let me know if this fits your requirements. Thanks!

• clickclouditclickcloudit Member
    edited June 2017

@eric1212 said:
    Looking for a budget licensed Windows VPS in Canada. (Ontario/Quebec preferred).
    1GB to 2GB RAM. Small amount of disk space required.

Any suggestions?

If Montreal works for you. Windows is available on plan 3 and up at no extra charge

https://www.clickcloudit.com/pricing

• Thanks everyone - I've decided to go with @vmhaus.

Thanked by 1vmhaus