Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mail Optimization
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mail Optimization

I am trying to save time and money on my personal mail by taking advantage of the scale of services being offered rather than hosting my own services.

I already have free Email Forwarding from namecheap that I am not using. I can forward up to 100 free Email Forwarding address (which may be per site). This solves the problem of my incoming smtp server.

I have two other pieces of the puzzle to put together. What outgoing SMTP server to use and what IMAP server to use OX (which I think means https://www.open-xchange.com/) via Namecheap.

I can actually buy from Namecheap. I only used 4GB in 5 years on my current email account on gmail and that is after importing my yahoo account which I used for five years before. I can probably get away with the 9.88/yr Private Mail which gives me 3GB of mail storage because of my current usage pattern and because I can export my mail to mbox format to archive since I switched from Thunderbird to Evolution.

That said, Open-Xchange via Namecheap may not be my cheapest possible option even though it is looking the best place to spend my money from a political standpoint because they use a FOSS stack and release their own FOSS software.

Comments