Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How often online.net replenishes dedis?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How often online.net replenishes dedis?

I've been visiting their site almost every day for the past few months and most of their dedis are not available. Does anyone have any experience how often they add new servers?

Comments

• stock usually gets replinished at the start of each month. some time after thee 3rd or 4th of the month iirc (if it isnt weekend)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • jimaekjimaek Member

I dont think I've seen WOPR being available for at least 2 months. Same for most of START LTS.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

You can ask in their IRC at irc.online.net #online-en, there are always some staff and even the CEO. Or just make a ticket and ask.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • jimaekjimaek Member

@rm_ thanks, I will do that

• @jimaek, while you're there, maybe also ask when are they going to have another round of special deals? My credit card statement is looking empty this month.

Thanked by 1iamthepizza
  • @BeardyUnixGuy said:
    @jimaek, while you're there, maybe also ask when are they going to have another round of special deals? My credit card statement is looking empty this month.

PM me ur card details and I'll be glad to add something to your statement :p

• @BeardyUnixGuy said:
    @jimaek, while you're there, maybe also ask when are they going to have another round of special deals? My credit card statement is looking empty this month.

+1 for that - I've been camping on their special offers page for the last few months, getting a little more disappointed each day I open it and see nothings changed. @jimaek please do keep us updated.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • emreemre Member, LIR
    edited May 2017

Been using online.net for the last 2 3 years or so, one of my main remote Desktops with x2go was on there with a very powerful server, having a lot of "slowness" issues lately, although ping, mtr results show zero problems. I was always thinking that these issues must be related to my x2go nightly builds I was using,

I decided to switch to a sys server about 10 days ago, I simply install debian+xfce and added x2go nightly repo and connect. Guess what, my remote desktop is working like a local destektop as it should be with x2go.

After this experience I decided to cancel all my leftover servers with online.net. Years and years I read people writing about shitty network performance of online.net and I think to myself that they are somehow wrong about all these bashing. Now same issue happened to me.

From now on even if online.net sells free kideriches as before this provider is a no go on my list.

Just wanted to share my experience.

You may want to grab an OVH or Sys server with your credit card. You will be much more happy than online.net stuff.

Regards,

• @emre said:
    Been using online.net for the last 2 3 years or so, one of my main remote Desktops with x2go was on there with a very powerful server, having a lot of "slowness" issues lately, although ping, mtr results show zero problems. I was always thinking that these issues must be related to my x2go nightly builds I was using,

I decided to switch to a sys server about 10 days ago, I simply install debian+xfce and added x2go nightly repo and connect. Guess what, my remote desktop is working like a local destektop as it should be with x2go.

After this experience I decided to cancel all my leftover servers with online.net. Years and years I read people writing about shitty network performance of online.net and I think to myself that they are somehow wrong about all these bashing. Now same issue happened to me.

From now on even if online.net sells free kideriches as before this provider is a no go on my list.

Just wanted to share my experience.

You may want to grab an OVH or Sys server with your credit card. You will be much more happy than online.net stuff.

Regards,

Only SyS cons is 250Mbps for upload....

• emreemre Member, LIR

mtsbatalha said: Only SyS cons is 250Mbps for upload....

at least a very all the time working 250Mbps very much better than a so called 1 Gbps.

• DigitalJoseeDigitalJosee Member
    edited May 2017

@emre said:

mtsbatalha said: Only SyS cons is 250Mbps for upload....

at least a very all the time working 250Mbps very much better than a so called 1 Gbps.

On Scaleway (same company as Online.net, I think), I uploaded 9TB@50MB/s for 2 days, it's very impressive for the price.

• jimaekjimaek Member

Basically they told me they know about this problem and have plans to get more servers but not any time soon.

For the short term we should just visit the site early each month to get cancelled servers by other people.

Thanked by 1aboanas93
  • @jimaek said:
    Basically they told me they know about this problem and have plans to get more servers but not any time soon.

For the short term we should just visit the site early each month to get cancelled servers by other people.

Ah OK. Thanks for posting your results. I presume they were tight-lipped about the specials?

• HybridHybrid Member

You can run this script using cron job, I run it every 30 seconds when I'm looking for a server.

https://github.com/etiennerached/onlinenetavailability

Thanked by 2BeardyUnixGuy drizbo
  • @Hybrid, it could use with some refactoring (and cleaning up) but it's still a lovely little simple script.

An alternative would be to make a single HTTP(S) request against https://console.online.net/en/order/server, but then you'd have to include more logic to better analyze the response (and match the Availability count to the Offer name etc etc).

• HybridHybrid Member
    edited May 2017

@BeardyUnixGuy said:

An alternative would be to make a single HTTP(S) request against https://console.online.net/en/order/server,

Last time i checked, that link wasn’t instantly updated, not sure if they push a manual update or the page is cached, but I've tried it before.
    Like for instance today, both LT and MD were available for 10mins and I was able to buy, but they never showed up on that link