Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH UK DC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH UK DC

Hi All,
I am guessing OVH will be opening their uk dc in the next 3 months or so (as it was due in May). Does anyone know what services they normally offer out of new DCs? Will it be the whole range from day 1?
Thanks

Comments

• Open OVH.com/co.uk and checkout SYD or SGP or WAW. You can answer your own question in 2 minutes.

Literally a pointless thread

Thanked by 2rm_ racksx
  • vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Looking in the past launch of OVH Poland, Singapore, Sydney, they would most likely be starting out with Discovery offers $99/Month. No vRack or DDoS during the soft launch. I may be wrong!

If you are looking for VPS Services in UK, stay tune, vmhaus will be launching our NVMe range of VPS in UK in the coming weeks :p

Thanked by 1Zare
  • citrixcitrix Member

you can sign up to update through - https://www.ovh.co.uk/discover/

you can select what services you want to be notified on, for example dedicated/vps etc.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@vmhaus said:
    Looking in the past launch of OVH Poland, Singapore, Sydney, they would most likely be starting out with Discovery offers $99/Month. No vRack or DDoS during the soft launch. I may be wrong!

If you are looking for VPS Services in UK, stay tune, vmhaus will be launching our NVMe range of VPS in UK in the coming weeks :p

All launches after the APAC incident will have DDoS mitigation.

• XeiXei Member

I guess OVH will never offer a gbit port on their VPS plans even for a reasonable added cost.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2017

Xei said: I guess OVH will never offer a gbit port on their VPS plans even for a reasonable added cost.

Their VPS are unmetered, do you expect unmetered gigabit? Even if not, it's still too complex to offer two kinds of connection. And most usage scenarios of a VPS should work fine with a 100 Mbit port. If not, just get more boxes, 100 Mbit each, and distribute your task.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • XeiXei Member
    edited May 2017

Nah 1-5tb etc type plans. I have stuff on their network but I'd host more if they had such offering.

• racksxracksx Member

I had a 40 minutes phone conversation about all they offer, first would be No additional IPs, No IPV6, no vlan, no ddos protection, and just a range of servers.

Thanked by 1michaels