Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[TRANSFER] BuyVM Yearly 128mb OpenVZ
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[TRANSFER] BuyVM Yearly 128mb OpenVZ

JoelJoel Member
edited January 2012 in General

Preface: I'm going to build a mountain out of a molehill, so get your climbing gear on!

Hi Guys,

I'm moving my BuyVM OpenVZ's to BuyVM KVM's, and hence I have 1x BuyVM Yearly 128mb OpenVZ which I am happy to offload to someone who needs it. If you are interested in this send me a PM with price, and why you want it. The VPS expires in November 2012.

As per BuyVM's acceptance of transfer you need to either be a known member of the community (for the right reasons, ala BlueVM/iVPS-US/Russell form AlienVPS need not bother), or you need to already have a BuyVM account.

I am leaving for a trip away on Saturday morning, so if you're interested be ready to do the transfer ASAP. Also be aware, this offer is only going up for someone who actually needs the VPS. I have no need to offload it, however there may well be someone in the community who can get more use out of it than I am, and considering the stellar service I have had at BuyVM at least this way it puts one more person with a decent provider.

The individual receives this on the following criteria:
A) Your genuine need for one 50%
B) If you're not a current BuyVM customer, I would prefer this. 49%
C) Price 1%

Send your offers through via PM.

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@Joel rocks! He's how I got my BuyVM VPS. :)

• My AlienVPS 192 is running great but thanks for the offer.

• @Joel said: The individual receives this on the following criteria:

A) Your genuine need for one 50%
    B) If you're not a current BuyVM customer, I would prefer this. 49%
    C) Price 1%

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought @Francisco only let people transfer between current BuyVM verified customers?

• @djvdorp - because this community is essentially a tight-knit family (complete with arguing siblings :P), I was fine with allowing transfers to known/respected community members. The prior rule of "receiving account must have prior or active service and be in good standing" was a preventative measure due to a very high number of fraud cases with a certain group of overseas clients who would find themselves terminated and refunded for one reason or another, and try to sign up under a different name (not an effective way to hide, btw :P) and receive a transfer from a 'friend'.

One example was when Joel requested transferring a VPS to @KuJoe. Even though KuJoe didn't yet have an account with us, he's an established and respected member of the community (plus owning a company gave a solid lock on his ID :3), so we had no problem with allowing that.

Thanked by 3Joel djvdorp Mon5t3r
  • @Joel

I would like to get it and have PM you.

• @Aldryic Well, I'm a member here but not known/respected. Is it possible for me to get this vps?

• @Aldryic said: I was fine with allowing transfers to known/respected community members.

I thought all known/respected community members already have an account with BuyVM?

• AbhishekAbhishek Member
    edited January 2012

@Joel - PM'd you.

Not respected or known. But someone told me hope is a good thing!

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

PM

• Oh god, I just got another one from maxecloo, STOP TEMPTING ME YOU TEMPTRESS.

• 1x VPS to Damian from IPXCore
    1x VPS to dclardy

For everyone else that missed out, my gift to you...

@Abhishek said: @Joel - PM'd you.

If only I could shoot 1 fool a day...

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • @Joel Nice , might be needing these

• @Joel said: If only I could shoot 1 fool a day...

what do you mean?

• Exactly

• Would be neat if BuyVM coded up a transfer system where you could anonymously transfer your vps over to someone else and the system would handle the payments. (The buyvm billing system could take x amount of $$$ from the person who wants the vps, then refund me that $$$ and then complete the transfer - maybe keeping a % or a small fee)

I got a spare that I really don't need but would rather keep it than worry about dealing with a stranger! mommy said don't talk to strangers.

• The whole point of our restrictions is preventing anonymous usage :P I'm sure our clients would agree that having any no-name skiddy being able to grab a VPS on their node and go to town, ruining things for everyone else, is a situation that nobody wants.

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • Indeed you are right Aldryic, now stop goofing around on LET and process those transfers. :D

• @Aldryic said: no-name skiddy being able to grab a VPS

I think you missed @JoeMerit's point. He seems to be talking about I have extra service I no longer need, you have a need for more service, we don't know each other, so WHMCS pairs us up and BuyVM makes the change keeping a transfer fee/percentage for themselves to facilitate the deal.

• mmm, true, that would work so long as both clients are in good standing. Would be a good deal of hassle for something that doesn't take place very often, though.

• Make a feature that allows this:

From the services page, you go into a service (a VPS) and input an email. A new client registers on BuyVM and if their email matches any marked VPSes, it shows as possible stock for that user.

The new client buys the stock. A refund is delivered pro-rata to the original client and the current VPS is suspended. The new client who paid for this to occur then waits for you to approve them, wipe the VPS, and send them their login information.

This way, the original client allows a specific other to take over their account. (or may have the option to give it up if someone is willing to take over) The original client is refunded pro-rata, but only after someone else takes over the purchase. The new client does not get immediate access to the VPS to do ddos or anything bad. When they get the VPS, they do not have access to the previous client's files as it has been wiped.

• @Joel said: If only I could shoot 1 fool a day...

@Abhishek said: what do you mean?

What do you think I mean?
    What could you possibly take from such a comment?

• Suicide isn't the answer Joel.

• @Joel - fine.

• Don't worry Abhishek, Joel is a fucking idiot.

• @charliecron I agree.

• @Joel

Disturbing picture, 3 Breasts is practical or just non existant? Odd question but feel free to answer. :-)

• No, goddammit, I refuse to be old just for having seen Total Recall <_<

Thanked by 1maxexcloo
  • @Aldryic said: No, goddammit, I refuse to be old just for having seen Total Recall

Total Recall is a fairly recent movie to us old people

• It's fairly recent movie to myself too, and I don't consider myself to be old. Should I be worried now?

• That part of that movie freaked me out! Yes, I am a weenie.