Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low End Map - Providers & datacenters
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low End Map - Providers & datacenters

I'd posted about this before in the old-old thread Liam started and didn't want to necrobump again or steal from the other thread, so here goes..

Low End Map(s): http://ohmyglob.com/maps/

Started this a while ago when I didn't want to work on a project, after seeing Liam's original post; just rejiggered some bits of it in an effort to distract myself from writing an article. It worked, but then I remembered "deadlines" are a thing.

All the providers have little blurbs and notes now; EdgeVM, TinyVZ and PrismaVPS have their plans added, CloudShards had its locations added and its plans as well.

For now, I put in an arbitrary price limit of $25/mo because I'm too damn lazy and no one visiting from here is going to even purchase a plan close to that anyway.

One difference between this and the others is that I have tried to separate providers out by datacenter. Such a feature could come in handy when choosing a new VPS in the same location: except for two or three, nearly all LA providers are in QuadraNet, for example.

The map bits are Leaflet + MapQuest OSM.

Any suggestions? My crap PHP + JS is up on the page, also, for anyone to take and improve.

Comments

• @ihatetonyy said:
    For now, I put in an arbitrary price limit of $25/mo because I'm too damn lazy and no one visiting from here is going to even purchase a plan close to that anyway.

Make that $7

• vnetvnet Member

Sorry! I can not open the map!

• Thanks for adding us on the list. Just saw the map. Great stuff!

• @Bogdacutuu said:
    Make that $7

Figured people would be interested in deals above $7, too; in addition, there are coupons that could bring $7+ deals to below $7 (listing coupons is something I want to add in the next time I get bored) so that's why they're there, too.

With that said, I figure there won't be too many discounts on $25+ deals. If I'm wrong I'll add 'em in.

@vnet said:
    Sorry! I can not open the map!

Are you getting an error?

@concerto49 said:
    Thanks for adding us on the list. Just saw the map. Great stuff!

Thank you! Any ideas for improvements?

• Looks great, thanks for adding us!

• vnetvnet Member

@ihatetonyy said:

Today I opened a miracle! How to join us at the above address?

• That is a pretty map

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited July 2013

Added EDIS. Jesus Christ, I am all in favor of them taking over the world but they need to do it in a few less locations.

Also, OAH, RansomIT, KgoVPS, HK@SERVER.

Will be adding their plans and other providers' plans sometime tomorrow..

@vnet said:
    Today I opened a miracle! How to join us at the above address?

Added you in, if that's what you were asking.

@Spencer said:
    That is a pretty map

MapQuest's OSM maps are really, really nice looking. And free.

• Nice map, a way to include satellite overlay?

We having two location: Global Switch/Frankfurt/Germany and Lenoir/Dacentec/USA

• @fileMEDIA said:
    Nice map, a way to include satellite overlay?

We having two location: Global Switch/Frankfurt/Germany and Lenoir/Dacentec/USA

Just added you in, and just added in Bing aerial. MapQuest's OSM aerial is godawful.

• Yeah, bing overlay is nice!

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

@ihatetonyy Can you add us to Singapore location? Thanks!

• @ExpertVM said:
    ihatetonyy Can you add us to Singapore location? Thanks!

Just added you. Will be going through tonight to add plans for the various providers I added today.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Good stuff!

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

@ihatetonyy Thanks =)