Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

[ZipVPS] Flashcache SSD Based KVM VPS 256MB $3 - 512MB $5 - 1024MB $7
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

[ZipVPS] Flashcache SSD Based KVM VPS 256MB $3 - 512MB $5 - 1024MB $7

HoloshedHoloshed Member
    edited July 2013 in Offers

ZipVPS July Special

Reviews of our Soft Launch/Beta here on LET

All VPS hosted on optimized server hardware.

• E3-1270 V2
    • Full Hardware RAID10 Redundancy
    • Flashcache SSD Backed Disks

Linux Based - Add Windows Server OS for 5.00 Per Month

Includes templates and ISOs from every major distro and we also take requests.

LEB Special - 256MB
    $3.00 - No coupon needed

• 256MB Guaranteed Ram
    • 10GB Flashcache SSD Cached Raid10 Disk
    • 250GB Internet Transfer via Gigabit Connection
    • 1 Shared CPU Cores (Fair Use)
    • Self Managed
    • Order Here

LEB Special - 512MB
    $5.00 - No coupon needed

• 512MB Guaranteed Ram
    • 25GB Flashcache SSD Cached Raid10 Disk
    • 500GB Internet Transfer via Gigabit Connection
    • 2 Shared CPU Cores (Fair Use)
    • Self Managed
    • Order Here

LEB Special - 1024MB
    $7.00 - No coupon needed

• 1024MB Guaranteed Ram
    • 50GB Flashcache SSD Cached Raid10 Disk
    • 1000GB Internet Transfer via Gigabit Connection
    • 4 Shared CPU Cores (Fair Use)
    • Self Managed
    • Order Here

Information

• LEB Offer Refund Policy: Full refund within 3 days if unsatisfied.
    • We are here to help you where we can even though the service is unmanaged.
    • All orders are approved after fraud check, generally within 1 to 6 hours.
    • Anything else you wonder about, just ask!
    • Our policies - TOS/Privacy Policy/AUP

Comments

• Rules, Rules...

• Certificate is self signed ?
      Plans cost more than 7 $ a month...

Extremist conservative user, I wish to preserve human and civil rights, free speech, freedom of the press and worship, rule of law, democracy, peace and prosperity, social mobility, etc. Now you can draw your guns.

• I have edited the post to only have the plan listed that is under 7.00. I had a mis-thought about the other plans and that is my mistake.

As for the certificate, I do not have a self signed there as per my checking but I will check using another computer and browser to be sure.

• Certificate is just $2/yr....

• SpiritSpirit Disabled
      edited July 2013

I see free StartCom ltd. class 1 certificate, issued on 3.5.2013, not self signed.

• HoloshedHoloshed Member
      edited July 2013

@MorningIris said:
      Certificate is just $2/yr....

@Spirit said:
      I see free StartCom ltd. class 1 certificate, issued on 3.5.2013, not self signed.

Spirit is correct and I will change out the SSL Certificate shortly.

• SSL Certificate now replaced and even tweaked the prices a bit based on suggestion. Thanks everyone so far!

• Marked, will come back to this thread in September.

• @sundaymouse said:
      Marked, will come back to this thread in September.

One thing I have learned in business is to take your time and learn as you go. I have paid for this server out of my own pocket for 3 months already and am willing to pay for what is required out of pocket until it takes care of itself.

I just have one service I sell right now but I wanted to make sure I did it right and I feel confident now it was ready for launch.

The website is a template and right now just has the basic information but I decided to put my money into the technology to make it worth it and the rest comes with time and funds.

I will keep doing what it takes to be better and grow because while I did launch in the summer time, I will in no way be a summer host. I know my customers will enjoy the time I put into it just as I will be proud of my work.

I read what you said and smiled because I do want you to come back and maybe even be a customer! I welcome all feedback because that is how we make everything better.

• WorldWorld Member

ZipVPS is good.
      I remeber that zipvps's test vps is very good.

• Interesting. I'll give it a try. Is it OK to run non-I/O intensive benchmarks?

Monitor your network assets with IPHost (PM me for discount code)
    • HoloshedHoloshed Member
      edited July 2013

@Master_Bo said:
      Interesting. I'll give it a try. Is it OK to run non-I/O intensive benchmarks?

I understand everyone wants to run some benchmarks to test things out and like you said, as long as it does not make the entire node suffer I have no problems with it! Enjoy!

• pcanpcan Member

The performance of this service is good. I have the 1 Gb plan with Windows; latest Windows RDP over UDP protocol is amazing on fast hardware. The remote desktop is more responsive than my local PC desktop (disclaimer: my PC is old, circa 2009).
      Disk speed is fast and the gigabit connection works as intended. A few short slowdowns, but I presume that people is busy hammering the node with speedtests and dd tests. The international keymap selector is enabled on the SolusVM VNC console: I can use the special keys on non-US keyboard.

• @pcan Thank you very much! I do try to be multinational friendly and do all I can to assist with small things like that. I have been impressed with the node and the speed of it and if you notice anything feel free to send a ticket and I will check into it.

I tested Windows Server 2012 on there to make a master image and I was really happy with how well it performed myself. KVM does pretty well with Windows I think as long as you use the Virtio drivers which I make available as needed.