Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated server - central USA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated server - central USA

rubiohigueyrubiohiguey Member
edited May 2017 in Requests

Looking for offers for dedicated server in central/midcon USA.

e.g. Dallas / Atlanta / Charlotte / Houston / Miami etc.

Desired specs (minimum):

E3-1240v3 or similar (8000+ CPU benchmark),

1 or 2 TB HDD

16 GB RAM or more,

At least 5 TB transfer

Decent peering

1 gbps port

IPMI

Decent motherboard with at least 1600x900 virtual screen resolution (for Teamviewer),
Support willing to install me-provided WIn7.

IPv4 preferably not blocked by Netflix.

Non-mission critical. Verified by PayPal payments.

Usage: Personal use VPN, video encoding and processing, small office Virtual PBX and VOIP routing.

Desired price: under $50 per month.

Comments

• Is Buffalo an options if so I'm sure @Nick or @Virmach can sort you out. @Nick might have something left in Atlanta but from memory he sells ATL fairly fast. Unsure what deals @qps are sitting on in ATL

North Carolina isn't far from Charlotte and @Dacentec could have something near your price point and specs

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

Hello,
    We can offer you the following server in Dallas, TX.

Intel Xeon E3-1245v3
    32GB DDR3 RAM
    480GB SSD + 2TB HDD
    MainBoard: SuperMicro X10SLM-F
    Typical price is $55/month if you use the following discount you can get it for $50/month: FiveOffDallas

Link to server: https://clients.fallout-hosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=79

If we don't have the desired OS you seek on our drop down menu, open a ticket as we can provide custom OS installations.

Thanked by 1rubiohiguey
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@rubiohiguey No one can offer you Windows 7 on a dedicated server. It is not allowed by the license agreement. You will need to use Windows Server.

• rubiohigueyrubiohiguey Member
    edited May 2017

@qps said:
    @rubiohiguey No one can offer you Windows 7 on a dedicated server. It is not allowed by the license agreement. You will need to use Windows Server.

I do have an install by W7 (me supplied ISO). Let's called it self-install facilitated by the host. Current host and previous host as well.
    It's not used for hosting, it's used as a remote personal PC.

• hzrhzr Member

rubiohiguey said: do have an install by W7 (me supplied ISO).

Still not legal.

• @Ian_Dot_Tech said:
    Hello,

Intel Xeon E3-1245v3
    32GB DDR3 RAM
    480GB SSD + 2TB HDD
    Typical price is $55/month if you use the following discount you can get it for $50/month: FiveOffDallas

If we don't have the desired OS you seek on our drop down menu, open a ticket as we can provide custom OS installations.

The board would be the same we have right now so that would be great. Can you please provide a sample IP address on your Dallas network for ping/test?

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

@rubiohiguey said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:
    Hello,

Intel Xeon E3-1245v3
    32GB DDR3 RAM
    480GB SSD + 2TB HDD

The board would be the same we have right now so that would be great. Can you please provide a sample IP address on your Dallas network for ping/test?

I have PMed you a test IP and additional information about our network.
    Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Thanked by 1sayem314
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

rubiohiguey said: I do have an install by W7 (me supplied ISO). Let's called it self-install facilitated by the host. Current host and previous host as well. It's not used for hosting, it's used as a remote personal PC.

Does not matter. You are violating the license agreement by using Windows 7 on a dedicated server. You need to purchase a Windows Server license through your provider's SPLA and use that instead.