Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap VPS with unmetered
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap VPS with unmetered

misurymisury Member
edited May 2017 in Requests

Hey all,

Just curious if anyone can make a recommendation for me. I'm looking to create a rclone/plexdrive Plex server. I'd need to keep it around $20/month preferably, as Google Drive is going to run around $50/month on its own. I'd like dedicated cores and unmetered bandwidth preferably.

I currently have a Delimeter server, but it is a 2TB unit and is metered. Customer support there was great in the beginning, but now I put in a ticket and just don't hear back. So I'm kind of looking to go VPS and unmetered at this point in time.

So if anyone has guidance for me, I'd very much appreciate it. :)

Misury

Comments

• cociucociu Member

location ? Usa ?

• DigitalJoseeDigitalJosee Member
    edited May 2017

as Google Drive is going to run around $50/month on its own. I'd like dedicated cores and unmetered bandwidth preferably.

TOP KEK,

Unlimited GoogleDrive (official) is 10usd/month and you can buy (unofficial) accounts with unlimited space for less than 2 bucks.

• misurymisury Member
    edited May 2017

Say WHAT?! If you could PM me the links to your info, I'd appreciate it! :) I'd love to pay $2/month. GLADLY pay that much lol. All I see is Google Drive being $10/user/month, need five users though to get unlimited.

Thank you for the info in advance!

Misury

@DigitalJosee said:

as Google Drive is going to run around $50/month on its own. I'd like dedicated cores and unmetered bandwidth preferably.

TOP KEK,

Unlimited GoogleDrive (official) is 10usd/month and you can buy (unofficial) accounts with unlimited space for less than 2 bucks.
    @cociu said:
    location ? Usa ?

• misurymisury Member

Yes, USA. Sorry, I just put US before. My bad. :)

@cociu said:
    location ? Usa ?

• nulldevnulldev Member
    edited May 2017

@misury said:
    I'm looking to create a rclone/plexdrive Plex server.

Does rclone still work? Wasn't it just banned?

Source: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/115117/rclone-banned-from-amazon-drive#latest

• Yes, USA.

I'd really recommend dropping this requirement and going with @cociu in premium RO. He'll respond to your tickets for sure - in his billing panel and on LET.

• misurymisury Member

It was banned for ACD, but not Google Drive. Especially if you use the plexdrive with it. It times it so it doesn't excessively hammer and get a ban hammer falling. :)

@nulldev said:

@misury said:
    I'm looking to create a rclone/plexdrive Plex server.

Does rclone still work? Wasn't it just banned?

Source: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/115117/rclone-banned-from-amazon-drive#latest

• @misury said:
    Say WHAT?! If you could PM me the links to your info, I'd appreciate it! :) I'd love to pay $2/month. GLADLY pay that much lol. All I see is Google Drive being $10/user/month, need five users though to get unlimited.

Misury

@DigitalJosee said:

TOP KEK,

@cociu said:
    location ? Usa ?

Google don't enforce the 1TB limit for 1 user, you can just have one and have PB's of data.

About the 2usd price, it's not legal, it's a illegal obtained EDU accout, look at /r/slavelabour for it (it can last a lot, but can last nothing, I have one for more than 2 months and 12TB+, no problem so far).

• misurymisury Member

Ah, excellent, thank you for the info! I'll check that out. I didn't know about the one user thing, thanks much for that too! (I'm in EDU actually, maybe, just maybe, I'll create a dummy account lol.)

@DigitalJosee said:

@misury said:

Misury

@DigitalJosee said:

TOP KEK,

@cociu said:
    location ? Usa ?

Google don't enforce the 1TB limit for 1 user, you can just have one and have PB's of data.

About the 2usd price, it's not legal, it's a illegal obtained EDU accout, look at /r/slavelabour for it (it can last a lot, but can last nothing, I have one for more than 2 months and 12TB+, no problem so far).

• itsnotvitsnotv Member
    edited May 2017

Check out SpeedyKVM, if you can spend more.

V-DEDI 1    8 Cores (E3-1230)   15GB ECC    90GB SSD    20TB Dallas, TX $39/mo

Not unmetered, but 20 TB should be enough for plex.

• @exception0x876 Give this guy a good deal as I'm on mobile!

Oh, and btw if you signup to normal gapps and then upgrade it to business gapps you can have unlimited storage with one user. Works even with trial version.

• misurymisury Member

Quick question there... is incomming data counted against your total data? I only ask because I have 20TB at Delimiter and get up there with my 15 total users. But I believe they count in and out, soooo.... Heh. Thanks!

@itsnotv said:
    Check out SpeedyKVM, if you can spend more.

V-DEDI 1  8 Cores (E3-1230)   15GB ECC    90GB SSD    20TB Dallas, TX $39/mo

Not unmetered, but 20 TB should be enough for plex.

• racksxracksx Member

@misury said:

Why not Kimsufi? Soyoustart, Online sure you can get something on your budget.

• sanvitsanvit Member

don't know how much storage you need, but @vmhaus storage cloud do the job (if you disable transcoding)

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • AlyssaDAlyssaD Member
    edited May 2017

Do not sign up for those $2 plans... they all got banned a few days ago. Check reddit datahoarders.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/6cs1ef/the_google_drive_ban_is_real/

• @AlyssaD said:
    Do not sign up for those $2 plans... they all got banned a few days ago. Check reddit datahoarders.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/6cs1ef/the_google_drive_ban_is_real/

No, not that kind of acc. I have 2 and they still rocking, Google suspended fake educational master accounts, and all accounts got deleted. That 2usd deal is from real colleges (but they can be suspended at any time).

• XeiXei Member

OVH's Canada VPS is probably the closest thing to unmetered and cheap near the USA. I'm not a fan of their network in Canada but I also haven't used it since they first opened that location up. I'd imagine it's much improved by now? I just use OVH FR... can't wait for their actual US locations to host VPS or Kimsufis.