Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

can WHM deploy accounts in different/remote VPS boxes?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

can WHM deploy accounts in different/remote VPS boxes?

ZiriusPHZiriusPH Member
edited May 2017 in Help

Hello, been using WHM for my client and found it so easy to deploy new cpanel hosting.
But I wonder if this scenario is possible:

(1) Host WHM in a master VPS

(2) Each time you create a new account (new cPanel), you can specify a root SSH access to a remote/different VPS box, then WHM will use that SSH root access to install dependency and completely setup the box?

is this possible? or is there a tool for this?

Comments

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

I'm getting a little confused on what you are asking here. From what I read, you want a secondary VPS to get WHM installed??? Or you want the second vps to get an account? Either way, I'm trying to figure out the logic behind what you are asking and so I'm very confused. Could you try to explain this over? I might then be able to answer

Thanks

• ZiriusPHZiriusPH Member
    edited May 2017

@risharde said:
    I'm getting a little confused on what you are asking here. From what I read, you want a secondary VPS to get WHM installed??? Or you want the second vps to get an account? Either way, I'm trying to figure out the logic behind what you are asking and so I'm very confused. Could you try to explain this over? I might then be able to answer

Thanks

I am under impression I can install WHM on a "master VPS".
    then everytime I want to create a new cPanel account, I have an option to specify at which VPS the account will be deployed

like say, my "master/WHM VPS" is hosted on Germany

then I want a domain to be hosted on Los Angeles

I will purchase a VPS hosted in Los Angeles

Go to WHM and have an option to input the SSH root access for my Los Angeles VPS, then WHM will do the rest, check and install requirements to get cPanel running, DNS setup, etc.

Is this possible?

• ZerpyZerpy Member

No, it's not possible.

Thanked by 1ZiriusPH
  • okay thanks

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@ZiriusPH said:
    okay thanks

I don't think it is possible with the built in cpanel functions as far as I know. Remember it would get complicated in terms of licensing as well since each full cPanel requires a license. Might be better to use WHMCS to ask the user where to deploy to. Habe your cPanel sergers already set up at the various locations. I think this is what most cPanel providers do. The idea you have is pretty cool.. I would code something like this but if WP isn't going to be a hit... I doubt this would be worth the time to build.