Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pageclick: Six months, 99.9% honest review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pageclick: Six months, 99.9% honest review

dimitrispdimitrisp Member
edited May 2017 in Reviews

So, it's been a little over 6 months with pageclick. My overall experience is bad.
Please note, you may sense sarcasm or irony, but I do not intend to do this, it's just written word. It's my 99.9% honest review and it's probably my first negative one and I may cross the line here and there without understanding it.

Support is usually fast, but that doesn't fix server issues.

At first, there was a problem with a server: my account got provisioned, but "the status doesn't get updated and the detais aren't being sent". That's fine, as they fixed it quickly.

Then, cPanel went down. Or my IP got banned by the firewall (I doubt so, as it was my home connection if I recall correctly, edit: and all I did was add the accounts and their files). But that's fine, again, as it was fixed quickly.

Then, a few days after, I got banned by the firewall for doing a lot of stuff: I hosted 2 sites for clients there, and one syncs with software from the office every 5 minutes. That was fine, as it was my fault and they resolved quickly and they whitelisted the office IP.

Also, there were a lot 503 errors, happening mostly at night, which I reported and the reply was "We are aware of the 503 errors, some platform maintenance is taking place. We are doing it in stages so there should be minimal impact." - That's nice, at least it will be more stable after that.
-- This all happened within the first week of my service with them --

On average, there were at least 2 downtimes of 1-2 minutes each (with the occasional going up to 10minutes), per week (monitored by UptimeRobot and SeFlow Website Protect Monitor.) - Ok, the downtimes are very small and they are doing maintenance, so I'll bear with it. But they went on until early last month. (And no, I didn't open a ticket, as the sites were only being used in daytime in Greece).

Also, the cloudlinux limits (actually, the IO usage only, and I also think the RAM) went down. The new IO usage limit was 750KB/s, while previously it was much bigger. I wasn't counting on using more IO speed, but well, I would expect a notification.

The final nail in the coffin: The change of server that happened a few days ago.

After the move, they opened a ticket stating the new IP address of the server, but I didn't receive an email with it. I noticed the ticket when I went to open a ticket because I got an "account suspended" email from the old cPanel server. I spent 10 minutes looking at Spam/Junk/Inbox folders, but no, the email (edit: from the ticket that was opened for my account) wasn't there.

I'm in the process of moving the last account right now, as once again I'm getting 503 errors, and after all these, I'm not gonna bother open a ticket, let alone renew the service with PageClick (once again, no irony)

Also, no, I don't want a refund, I had my chance to ask for a refund in the begining and I didn't, so tough titties to me! I understand that it's mostly "circumstances", "that's life", "shit happens", "what you expect for $10" etc, but I thought I should share this with you.

I wish I had something better and more possitive to share with you, but this was my experience with Pageclick.

[I'm saying 99.9% honest, because I may forget something]

Thanked by 2mrTom bersy

Comments

• Thanked by 1Ishaq
  • BopieBopie Member

From what I hear they had big problems before the move and of course now they are working out the kinks that come with such a big move.

I think it's hard for any provider to have to up and move a whole server without there being any problems and in my eyes, your review reflects that so it's a shit situation.

Thanked by 1dimitrisp
  • @Bopie exactly my closing "statement". I understand there are a lot of things that can go wrong from a big move like that, but for me it was the line that I said "no more".

I wish the best to Ishaq & co, I really wish them to resolve all errors etc, as the more companies are around, the better for the (low) end users, but with all the shit that happened (which most of them may be beyond their control, so I don't really blame them) I prefered to take my business elsewhere.

• Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • mrTommrTom Member

i can confirm your review, i started by just letting my cpanel account sit idle to observe its reliability, and since then i received a downtime alert from my monitoring almost daily. so i never started to actually use it for anything. was a waste of money.

• quickquick Member

I expect some bans and this thread deleted...

• Umm, bans why? I did nothing wrong, and I can provide ticket screenshots of everything I said.

• GravelyGravely Member

0.01% Dishonesty? :P

• 0.01% I forgot to mention something that may/may not be relevant :P

• quickquick Member

@dimitrisp said:
    Umm, bans why? I did nothing wrong, and I can provide ticket screenshots of everything I said.

Allbad reviews about ishaqs hosting got deleted until now and it was customers "fault" everytime... According to him

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • @quick we'll have to see :P

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2017

The problem is that the company pageclick was (or still is) hosted with (SmartHosting/Bestwebhosting) has had a major change in February as they were taken over by Krystal (another UK company) and problems have occured ever since. To be fair it was a superb service before so @Ishaq surely did not choose a bad reseller at all, UNTIL the merge happend which also resulted in me terminating my account(s) with them. I have waited and waited so long for them (Smart/Krystal) to fix things. They would even send emails stating they are on top of the problems now and it's gonna be good. I believed that..the first time. Unfortunately it never became as stable and reliable as it was before again and support responses would be replied to within 4 or more days while before it was in a matter of minutes/hours. Basically a sad story of a good provider gone downhill :/ What Im trying to say is there is not too much pageclick can do at this rate which is the reason why even though their support is fast nothing can be done in a lot of cases. @Ishaq mentioned that he would move to own servers at some rate though not sure how far that process has been accomplished yet :-)

Thanked by 1dimitrisp
  • @Ympker I've been with PageClick since December 14th, 2016. I have 5 tickets in my account, 4 were in december (actually they're 3, the fourth is "double post" after a reload because of a 503 error). The fifth is in May.

I understand it's outside of their control, but the period of giving another chance is well past due.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2017

@dimitrisp said:
    @Ympker I've been with PageClick since December 14th, 2016. I have 5 tickets in my account, 4 were in december (actually they're 3, the fourth is "double post" after a reload because of a 503 error). The fifth is in May.

I understand it's outside of their control, but the period of giving another chance is well past due.

I hear ya! At this rate I wouldnt use any host affiliated with Smart/Bestwebhosting so to speak I am not blaming @Ishaq at all :)
    I am sure if he could he would respond to issues at hand in a more timely manner.

Thanked by 1dimitrisp
  • JackHJackH Member

Seems like a fair review. You're not trying to slate PageClick or its operation, merely sharing your (externally verified) experience with their service. Hopefully @Ishaq can resolve these issues over the next few weeks :D

Thanked by 3Ympker dimitrisp quick
  • SyerateSyerate Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2017

@Ympker said:
    The problem is that the company pageclick was (or still is) hosted with (SmartHosting/Bestwebhosting) has had a major change in February as they were taken over by Krystal (another UK company) and problems have occured ever since. To be fair it was a superb service before so @Ishaq surely did not choose a bad reseller at all, UNTIL the merge happend which also resulted in me terminating my account(s) with them. I have waited and waited so long for them (Smart/Krystal) to fix things. They would even send emails stating they are on top of the problems now and it's gonna be good. I believed that..the first time. Unfortunately it never became as stable and reliable as it was before again and support responses would be replied to within 4 or more days while before it was in a matter of minutes/hours. Basically a sad story of a good provider gone downhill :/ What Im trying to say is there is not too much pageclick can do at this rate which is the reason why even though their support is fast nothing can be done in a lot of cases. @Ishaq mentioned that he would move to own servers at some rate though not sure how far that process has been accomplished yet :-)

You are correct in the majority of things mentioned above, they were reselling from another provider who constantly kept having issues and recently did merge with another company, hence the recent issue with page clicks services. I cannot 100% confirm that they aren't with smart hosting anymore but I know for a fact that @Ishaq has purchased his own physical server in order to move clients to his own cpanel box. This will greatly improve his ability to manage and provide a more stable service. I know he is in the middle of setting up cpanel on a UK dedi and making the necessary changes to the box before rolling out.

Thanked by 2Ympker Rhys
  • WebGuruWebGuru Member
    edited May 2017

I can confirm i faced this very same issue i never received an email about the ticket opened by you guys regarding the server move on 19th May and i only came to know about this move and the ticket after getting all my accounts suspended and getting those notifications by email yesterday. I am really disappointed @Ishaq

Thanked by 1dimitrisp
  • FoulFoul Member

-Waits for thread/post to be removed again-

Thanked by 1quick
  • JordanJordan Member

There's a lot of tickets in the queue but we're working through all the issues. If you have updated your DNS and still continue to have issues then please make sure you have opened one.

The transition would have been much smoother had people received our emails, but our mail provider decided it was spam and we had no warning that some had not been received which is rather unfortunate.

Thanked by 1dimitrisp
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Jordan said: The transition would have been much smoother had people received our emails, but our mail provider decided it was spam and we had no warning that some had not been received which is rather unfortunate.

I told you not to go with that @jarland amateur!

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Aye, the emails are on me.

@quick said:

@dimitrisp said:
    Umm, bans why? I did nothing wrong, and I can provide ticket screenshots of everything I said.

Allbad reviews about ishaqs hosting got deleted until now and it was customers "fault" everytime... According to him

What? Evidence please. I'll take it in the form of vague memories even.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran

@jarland said:

Lol

• PandyPandy Member

@jarland said:

@quick said:

@dimitrisp said:

I remember that one time, when that one guy was accusing ishaq of that one thing...

• quickquick Member

@jarland said:

@quick said:

@dimitrisp said:

Lol. You want me to provide links to deleted threads?

@quick said:

@jarland said:

@quick said:

@dimitrisp said:

Anything at all. A full statement to the best of your memory. You can't just say there's deleted threads and that's it. If you're going to try to delegitimize the staff I've put in place here and expect to operate with impunity in combination with no burden of proof, you will not be around for long.

We had one issue and it has been resolved. You can joke about it and take shots, whatever floats your boat. But if you're going to make serious accusations and consider yourself to have no burden of proof, I advise you to log out or find a new community.

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • Damn! @Jarland coming out of left field with the threat of a ban hammer! DO IT. FINISH HIM! lol

@jarland said:

@quick said:

@jarland said:

@quick said:

@dimitrisp said:

Anything at all. A full statement to the best of your memory. You can't just say there's deleted threads and that's it. If you're going to try to delegitimize the staff I've put in place here and expect to operate with impunity in combination with no burden of proof, you will not be around for long.

We had one issue and it has been resolved. You can joke about it and take shots, whatever floats your boat. But if you're going to make serious accusations and consider yourself to have no burden of proof, I advise you to log out or find a new community.

• Wow... Didn't expect all this :P

• dimitrispdimitrisp Member
    edited May 2017

Jordan said: There's a lot of tickets in the queue but we're working through all the issues. If you have updated your DNS and still continue to have issues then please make sure you have opened one.

To be 100% honest with you, no bashing intended, I have no energy to do this. I was ok with the occasional downtime, but spam or not it was unacceptable to wake up to an "account suspended" email and to the angry phonecall of the customer. Not your fault, I understand that.

It's not the money I lost from the client that went away, I don't care about that. It's an unsatisfied client that will do damage to me by saying to other prospective clients that I'm careless and I suspended him while he had barely any impact on the server and... and... and guess what: He has every right to do so!