Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CPU for VPS Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CPU for VPS Hosting

AthylAthyl Member

For attracting client which CPU is better for the VPS Hosting?

E3 or E5 or what?

Comments

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited May 2017
  • I'm extremely scared towards helping you.

You entire account appears to be needing help to start a summer host

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

how many cores per package?

dedicated cores?

fair share cores?

which E3?

which E5?

I know summer is coming but please make some effort, you are making a mockery of yourself before you even start with this sort of basic rubbish.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    I'm extremely scared towards helping you.

Well, he already seem to be running a host @OBHost

• @sanvit said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    I'm extremely scared towards helping you.

Well, he already seem to be running a host @OBHost

That worrys me further

Thanked by 2sanvit vimalware
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

I will help you with your summer hosting aspirations!

Honestly it doesnt matter which you use! E3 and E5 both have their merits. E5 has more cores, and so you will be able to have a more consistent/stable system and better spread the load among all the cores.

Each core is slower so that limits performance per VM but hey, you have more cores so you can have more VMs!

I'll give you a summer deal for an HK based server.

• hzrhzr Member
    edited May 2017

2 physical Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2676 v3 is the minimum I will take.

• It depend...generaly E5 support much more RAM ,Dual CPU but if your server configuration will not go above E3 max supported RAM and will be one CPU ..than you should go for one with more raw perfomance..more cores/threads...higher working freueq..Generaly E3 is considered mainstream and E5,E7 high end .Also don't forget for VPS node you may want more cores/threads and processor with better VT support,E3 has integrated graphics while E-5,E7 (socket 2011) don't .It is hard to compare whole processor series, and it is hard to compare even particular processors from different series if we look outside server configuration but in that case we could at least compare raw perfomance and some other features .

• Buy the E5 and pretend you're not stuffing 200 VMs onto a single socket server.

• moonmartinmoonmartin Member
    edited May 2017

Depends on your budget and what you are doing I guess. If you want to cram as much as possible and think it will fill up fast then get the most hardware you can afford.

I think it's better to use less expensive servers with less customers on each. Just add servers as you add customers. That means less people yelling at you when the server goes down. It's a lot easier to lose a customer than it is to get one so what is that worth to you?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Athyl said: There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.

mmmmhmmm

• hzrhzr Member

AnthonySmith said: mmmmhmmm

they are learning what cpu is best for vps hosting right now, it is hard work posting thread.

• AthylAthyl Member

@hzr said:

AnthonySmith said: mmmmhmmm

they are learning what cpu is best for vps hosting right now, it is hard work posting thread.

Its too hard man to post thread and read workless replies from user.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Hello my friend, I will assist you. Tell me what sort of clients you wish to attract and I will recommend you a CPU.

• AthylAthyl Member

@Nekki said:
    Hello my friend, I will assist you. Tell me what sort of clients you wish to attract and I will recommend you a CPU.

Thanks for reply, I already go with Xeon E5-2640 ..

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Athyl said:

@Nekki said:

Ah sorry bro, that's a big error.

• AthylAthyl Member

@Nekki said:

@Athyl said:

@Nekki said:

Whats the error?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Athyl said:

@Nekki said:

@Athyl said:

@Nekki said:

Whats the error?

Should have gone Atom, so cheap!

• @Nekki said:

@Athyl said:

@Nekki said:

@Athyl said:

@Nekki said:

Whats the error?

Should have gone Atom, so cheap!

Hey Nekki, can I use a RPi for the next big cloud hosting company? It will have unlimited bandwidth @ 1 bit/s (I will always keep customer on one Rpi less than 1000)

• let me see~