Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSLH installation and use
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SSLH installation and use

I get an error while installing. (Not started, fail etc.) I could not install correctly. I want to run ssh, openvpn and shadowsocks on tcp port 443 at the same time. Could you help me?

Comments

• kocamanyarrak said: I want to run ssh, openvpn and shadowsocks on tcp port 443 at the same time.

Ask Harry Potter - maybe he will help you.

Thanked by 3maverickp Falzo Pwner
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2017

It is impossible to run all those services on the same physical machine on the same port at the same time.

• @Amitz said:
    It is impossible to run all those services on the same physical machine on the same port at the same time.

Unless he has multiple IPs.

• @Amitz said:

SSLH is a multiplexer that does exactly that, by inspecting the first package and redirecting accordingly.

http://www.rutschle.net/tech/sslh.shtml

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2017

Cool! Did not know about SSLH! Does it work well?

@HackedServer:
    I assumed he only has one IP available, but you are right, of course.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@kocamanyarrak said:
    I get an error while installing. (Not started, fail etc.) I could not install correctly. I want to run ssh, openvpn and shadowsocks on tcp port 443 at the same time. Could you help me?

probably too less informations. your destination services of courses need to run on different ports (locally). sslh only does the paket inspection and forwarding, so there should not be anything else listening on 443 publicly - otherwise -> harry potter ;-D

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • chxchx Member

I run sslh on my server without a problem, it only does HTTPS and SSH for me and it was quite easy to set up. What is the exact error message you are getting?