Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap VPS with dedicated cores, SSD.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I currently pay $4 per month for:
1 vCPU core Xeon E5-1620 v2
Unlimited CPU core 3.7GHz
2GB ECC RAM
200GB HDD RAID-5

Looking for something cheaper with SSD storage. I can pay yearly.

Comments

• Yeah, no.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

$4 month for a dedicated E5-1620v2 (4c/8t) core? Something isn't right there.

• wwabbitwwabbit Member

@MikeA said:

That would be be the best thing since sliced bread

• Stay with your current provider. You got a good deal there.

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@MikeA said:

Its easy to verify, just test banging the core at 100% and see if you get any emails.

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/null

• bersybersy Member
    edited May 2017

OK, Scaleway offers 4 dedicated cores for less that €3/month with SSD storage.

MikeA said: $4 month for a dedicated E5-1620v2 (4c/8t) core? Something isn't right there.

I may be wrong, but Wishosting's Unlimited CPU core isn't equal to dedicated one.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • @bersy said:

MikeA said: $4 month for a dedicated E5-1620v2 (4c/8t) core? Something isn't right there.

I may be wrong, but Wishosting's Unlimited CPU core isn't equal to dedicated one.

Unlimited I presume means you can use an unlimited amount of it for an unlimited amount of time. If that core isn't dedicated, well, problems.

Thanked by 1varunchopra
  • @bersy said:

OK, Scaleway offers 4 dedicated cores for less that €3/month with SSD storage.

Thanks for the recommendation, but they're kinda shit, and I'm good with Wishosting for the price right now.

@MikeA said:

Yes, that's because it isn't dedicated; it's unlimited.

• ashkulzashkulz Member

@vpsrus had a few dedicated CPU plans with double resources, been happy with it.

• justvmjustvm Member, Patron Provider

@advarisk Thank you for mention