Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to buy one 1 WHMCS life time license
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking to buy one 1 WHMCS life time license

CalCheungCalCheung Member
edited May 2017 in General

I'm fine with either branded or unbranded.

Let me know your price (with transfer fees included) and methods of payments.

Comments

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

If price is nice, make it two.

• @CalCheung said:
    I'm fine with either branded or unbranded.

Let me know your price (with transfer fees included) and methods of payments.

There are no lifetime (owned, either branded or unbranded) licenses for WHMCS.

That ended somewhere around October 2016 or so, IIRC. I have a few licenses but will be hanging on to them. Basically, you're just as well off with the monthly licensing scheme they now support because the lifetime, owned, branded/unbranded licenses still require I believe $99/yr maintenance fees.

As you may already be aware, whenever there is a vulnerability announced or similar security matter, you're still going to need to be an active subscriber in order to download and use the latest version (their license servers will check your last date of valid subscription and you will not be able to run a later version of WHMCS than the expiration date of your subscription).

You won't be able to download any versions of WHMCS without a valid subscription either - but if you have a version that you're entititled to have, then the license servers will validate that and you can run it - you just can't download it from the site if you don't have a currently valid subscription.

I suppose the only benefit to having a lifetime owned license at this point in time is if you want to keep running after your subscription expires without being able to update. The monthly license subscriptions would cause your WHMCS install to stop running while the owned license would keep going at the current (and maybe insecure, eventually) version of WHMCS.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

tallship said: There are no lifetime (owned, either branded or unbranded) licenses for WHMCS.

Yes there are.

tallship said: That ended somewhere around October 2016 or so, IIRC. I have a few licenses but will be hanging on to them. Basically, you're just as well off with the monthly licensing scheme they now support because the lifetime, owned, branded/unbranded licenses still require I believe $99/yr maintenance fees.

Your math skills need work. Try $99/year vs a subscription fee over a year for starters...

tallship said: I suppose the only benefit to having a lifetime owned license at this point in time is if you want to keep running after your subscription expires without being able to update.

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you? The "only benefit" is that it's cheaper in the long run.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • On that note, welcome back @tallship :)