Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone use domainmonster ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does anyone use domainmonster ?

i found their website down for several hours now,I still waiting to update my dns there.Is there anyone know what's wrong with them ?

Comments

• Nope.

• lurchlurch Member
    edited May 2017

I use them and got this email last month.

Upcoming changes to Domainmonster.com

Within the next 48 hours, the Domainmonster.com website will be closing. Visitors will be redirected to 123-reg.co.uk. This is because Domainmonster.com is becoming a part of 123 Reg.

As an existing customer there is no need to be alarmed; all of your existing Domain Names will remain in your Domainmonster.com account - there will be no changes to any of your settings and everything will be exactly as you left it. You can also continue to purchase new domains through your Control Panel or click through the link on the 123 Reg landing page.

For all the existing and new products you purchase from Domainmonster.com, you will continue to be supported by the Domainmonster.com service teams. New purchases from 123 Reg will be supported by the 123 Reg service teams.

Domainmonster.com and 123 Reg are brands both belonging to the same group. This means that the same high-quality dedicated staff will be working on your account at 123 Reg, so you will still receive the superior level of performance and service you are used to from Domainmonster.com.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this change in the meantime, you can contact us by email - we're always happy to help.

Kind regards,
    The Domainmonster Team

• Go for namecheap. They dont do phone support but the live chat is good and they do bulk pricing discounts with free privacy, cant get much better IMO

• Thank you friend,i seems to miss the email.

@lurch said:
    I use them and got this email last month.

Upcoming changes to Domainmonster.com

Within the next 48 hours, the Domainmonster.com website will be closing. Visitors will be redirected to 123-reg.co.uk. This is because Domainmonster.com is becoming a part of 123 Reg.

As an existing customer there is no need to be alarmed; all of your existing Domain Names will remain in your Domainmonster.com account - there will be no changes to any of your settings and everything will be exactly as you left it. You can also continue to purchase new domains through your Control Panel or click through the link on the 123 Reg landing page.

For all the existing and new products you purchase from Domainmonster.com, you will continue to be supported by the Domainmonster.com service teams. New purchases from 123 Reg will be supported by the 123 Reg service teams.

Domainmonster.com and 123 Reg are brands both belonging to the same group. This means that the same high-quality dedicated staff will be working on your account at 123 Reg, so you will still receive the superior level of performance and service you are used to from Domainmonster.com.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this change in the meantime, you can contact us by email - we're always happy to help.

Kind regards,
    The Domainmonster Team

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Cheaphost said:
    Go for namecheap. They dont do phone support but the live chat is good and they do bulk pricing discounts with free privacy, cant get much better IMO

I personally will or recommend the namecheap as they not cheap anymore. Try namesilo instead.

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • corbpiecorbpie Member

Don't go namecheap, renewal will be $22 for a .com where at namesilo it's $8 with free privacy

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@corbpie said:
    Don't go namecheap, renewal will be $22 for a .com where at namesilo it's $8 with free privacy

No need to exaggerate: https://www.domcomp.com/tld/com says that namecheap renews a .com domain for $10.69. Are you saying that this is incorrect?

• ihadpihadp Member

@angstrom said:

@corbpie said:

No need to exaggerate: https://www.domcomp.com/tld/com says that namecheap renews a .com domain for $10.69. Are you saying that this is incorrect?

It's correct.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @angstrom said:

@corbpie said:

WHOIS Privacy isn't included in that $10.69 - though it's "complimentary" for the first year.

@jiggawattz said:

@angstrom said:

@corbpie said:

WHOIS Privacy isn't included in that $10.69 - though it's "complimentary" for the first year.

Okay, just for the sake of an accurate comparison:

Renewal of a .com domain at:

namecheap: $10.69 + $2.88 (Whois privacy; first year free) = $13.57
    namesilo: $8.99 (Whois privacy included)

The difference in price is $4.58, which is significant, but it's far from $14 (= $22 - $8).

• Is namesilo good with support? I might switch to them since my end with namecheap is coming.

@TheRealMakan said:
    Is namesilo good with support? I might switch to them since my end with namecheap is coming.

namecheap definitely has good support (a lot of people confirm this, including me).

I've never had the need to use namesilo support, so I'm afraid that I can't say, but I imagine that it's okay.

But I guess the question is how often you would really need support from a domain registrar. Normally, you set the parameters for your domain, and you can forget about it.

• I ever used domainmonster like 5 years ago but they were recently acquired.

• @TheRealMakan said:
    Is namesilo good with support? I might switch to them since my end with namecheap is coming.

This weekend they replied in a matter of minutes.
    Migrating my name.com stuff to namesilo myself.

Thanked by 1TheRealMakan