Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Making a custom Kimsufi Windows Template - help???
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Making a custom Kimsufi Windows Template - help???

ninjasninjas Member

It's been driving me mad. The last 3 days I have been trying to make a custom Windows template and install it on my KS-3 server. But to no avail. Every time I try to boot into it from hard drive, it doesn't work. No RDP, no VNC, no nothing.

I have been making the templates in a VM. I can boot into them perfectly via QEMU in Rescue Mode. So I have a hunch the issue has to do with the network drivers not being installed properly. But no matter how many times I tried to install the network drivers from Intel, and even from a driver-dump I did off of Joodle's templates, it hasn't worked so far.

Any ideas???

Comments

• saibalsaibal Member

Which version of Windows are you making the template for? Maybe @mhyken or @ihadp can help.

• ninjasninjas Member

@saibal said:
    Which version of Windows are you making the template for? Maybe @mhyken or @ihadp can help.

Sorry about the late reply. I tried to install Windows server 2016.. So far I've been using joodles template but I'm not exactly happy I had to settle for using someone else's installation of windows...

Again, pretty sure the issue was with network adapter drivers.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
  • ihadpihadp Member

@ninjas said:

@saibal said:

Sorry about the late reply. I tried to install Windows server 2016.. So far I've been using joodles template but I'm not exactly happy I had to settle for using someone else's installation of windows...

Again, pretty sure the issue was with network adapter drivers.

Feel free to PM me and I will see if I can help you get it squared away.