Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

OVH/SoYoustart CA vs FR?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH/SoYoustart CA vs FR?

I've had a CA server with SoYouStart for awhile thinking about moving over to the new $35 one. I'm trying to device I want to move it to France this time around.

I know it matters where most of the traffic will come from, but my traffic comes from all over. Pretty much 50% from the USA and the other 50% is worldwide.

Several years ago OneProvider/Online.net I had a bad experience with BW in France.

Anyone have a box in each location? Which do you find better?

Thanks!

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I have many in each, but I don't really see any problems for traffic across continents.. I can't speak for personal use but I have clients running game servers in Gravelines that have players throughout the U.S. and there's no complaints. If you want some tests done from that location just list.

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited May 2017

Mostly it will be large downloads 1 to 2GB in size and always maxing out the 250Mbps limit 24/7 Wish I could find something in the same price range that was had a little more BW speed, but then I also need it to be unmetered/100TB.

Simple basic Directory listing app and 1TB+ of files. Very simple (at the moment anyway)
    I know this is not a looking for a provider post but
    Pretty much need at least
    4GB ram
    2TB HD
    Unmetered/100TB BW
    350mbps or more bandwidth speed

My only reason for staying with SYS is price, unmetered, and uptime.