Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why does PIOHOST delete my account?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why does PIOHOST delete my account?

gintokigintoki Member
edited May 2017 in General

I found my PIOHOST account and VPS **(have been paid and used for more than a month) ** deleted just now without any notification. Then I opened a ticket (don't need an account) to ask for the reason. A Stuff told me that I've ordered in a fraudulent manner. I use my real information, my own paypal to made the order so I asked him for the fraud details. He deleted the ticket.

What should I do? Is it my right to ask for the detailed reason if I have doubt about the service termination?

I got the reason from the owner of piohost, he said I've made spam so it's over. Even I am doubtful about it, I got a reason rather than no notification. I forget the time difference and I apologize for the wrong time to open a thread.

Comments

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

Did you pay them money ? If payment is refunded ,host is not liable to give you more details ! They have right to choose whom to provide services and you have right to choose which host to use !

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited May 2017

@gintoki said:
    I found my PIOHOST account deleted just now without any notification. Then I opened a ticket (don't need an account) to ask for the reason. A Stuff told me that I've ordered in a fraudulent manner. I use my real information, my own paypal to made the order so I asked him for the fraud details. He deleted the ticket.

What should I do? Is it my right to ask for the detailed reason if I have doubt about the service termination?

And they have the right to choose NOT to have you as a customer by cancelling / refunding your order and then deleting the account for any reason whatsoever. There is nothing you can do about that.

Of course, the story would be entirely different had they provisioned your VPS and then abruptly cancelled / deleted the account.

Since that is not the case, just move on..

• gintokigintoki Member

@hostdare said:
    Did you pay them money ? If payment is refunded ,host is not liable to give you more details ! They have right to choose whom to provide services and you have right to choose which host to use !

I've paid and used their VPS for about a month. Then they deleted my account today, so I want to know the detailed reason.

• gintokigintoki Member

@K4Y5 said:

@gintoki said:
    I found my PIOHOST account deleted just now without any notification. Then I opened a ticket (don't need an account) to ask for the reason. A Stuff told me that I've ordered in a fraudulent manner. I use my real information, my own paypal to made the order so I asked him for the fraud details. He deleted the ticket.

And they have the right to choose NOT to have you as a customer by cancelling / refunding your order and then deleting the account for any reason whatsoever. There is nothing you can do about that.

Of course, the story would be entirely different had they provisioned your VPS and then abruptly cancelled / deleted the account.

Since that is not the case, just move on..

Actually, they had provisioned my VPS and then abruptly deleted the account today. That's why I am curious and angry about it.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

It's 3am in the UK, so I doubt we'll see anything from Piohost within the next few hours.

Have you asked Piohost for an explanation?

@bopie @piohost

• gintokigintoki Member

@ElliotJ said:
    It's 3am in the UK, so I doubt we'll see anything from Piohost within the next few hours.

Have you asked Piohost for an explanation?

@bopie @piohost

Just as I said, I opened a ticket and a stuff told me I am fraudulent. When I asked for the details, he deleted the ticket.

• HxxxHxxx Member

Why does LET people use these shitty named hosts?

• BopieBopie Member

As elliot said its stupid time in the morning here however short story is you used a vpn to order and your original order was marked as fraud when that happened you went ahead and removed that specific vpn but then changed over to another one however our system did not show that one as a vpn for what ever reason so gg maxmind

Your ip was blacklisted for spam which is was instigated the investigation into your account which in turn has prompted this action

You will receive a refund minus a clean up fee for the IP however not untill monday, and just to clarify you were sent an email regarding this .

• gintokigintoki Member
    edited May 2017

@Bopie said:
    As elliot said its stupid time in the morning here however short story is you used a vpn to order and your original order was marked as fraud when that happened you went ahead and removed that specific vpn but then changed over to another one however our system did not show that one as a vpn for what ever reason so gg maxmind

Your ip was blacklisted for spam which is was instigated the investigation into your account which in turn has prompted this action

You will receive a refund minus a clean up fee for the IP however not untill monday, and just to clarify you were sent an email regarding this .

I am sorry for the wrong time. When I made the first order I forgot to turn off the VPN and your stuff told me to turn off it. So I made another order with my phone network and the order was accepted.

As for the spam, I never made it. I even barely used the VPS after buying.

• BopieBopie Member

@gintoki said:

@Bopie said:

I am sorry for the wrong time. When I made the first order I forgot to turn off the VPN and your stuff told me to turn off it. So I made another order with my phone network and the order is accepted.

As for the spam, I never made it. I even barely used the VPS after buying.

The amount of times I hear this but when I telnet the ip lone behold you have port 25 open and a mail server, as I said in the ticket we will not be offering you service anymore because of the situation and I will get a refund sent over monday.

• Is always user problem.
    Never provider problem.

This is what i gathered.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

@Gintoki out of curiosity, how long have you been with Piohost?

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@ElliotJ said:

He said he had the VPS for "about a month". Long enough to do damage.

• gintokigintoki Member
    edited May 2017

@ElliotJ said:

More than a month. He said I made spams, however if I did that, I wouldn't open a thread here for asking the reason cuz I know spam is not legal.

I don't know if the vps is hacked. I've prohibited the password login and changed the ssh port. I accepted his reason, it's better than none.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

MasonR said: He said he had the VPS for "about a month". Long enough to do damage.

Haha, yeah. You can tell I'm tired.

Alright. So I've discussed it briefly with @Bopie on Discord. He's disclosed an image that demonstrates the blacklisting. I've blurred out the IP at the host's request, however, I personally checked and the IP is indeed on a Spamhaus list.

The 'new blocked' email is dated two days ago. As OP has stated they have had services with PioHost for "more than one month", it strongly suggests that they were responsible for the listing.

Do note, that this does not provide proof of malicious intent. It is plausible that OP set up the server, barely used it, yet poorly secured it. That said, when you order an unmanaged server, you are ultimately responsible.

Piohost seems to be doing the decent thing by refunding OP regardless. I'll close this thread, however, @gintoki, let me know if it doesn't come through on Monday.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

gintoki said: More than a month. He said I made spams, however if I did that, I wouldn't open a thread here for asking the reason cuz I know spam is not legal.

I don't know if the vps is hacked. I've prohibited the password login and changed the ssh port. I accepted his reason, it's better than none.

Fair enough. Hopefully, my reply will gain a little insight.

Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.