Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KimSufi or Online.net
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KimSufi or Online.net

yogevyogev Member
edited May 2017 in Providers

hello i am trying to find good dedicated server to host 3 csgo servers and more
for know i looking at KimSufi and Online.net

what do you think ?
how the Bandwidth on Kimsufi ?
Which one you recommend?

Comments

• Kimsufi I'm guessing these are DDoS prone

• yogevyogev Member
    edited May 2017

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    Kimsufi I'm guessing these are DDoS prone

• @yogev said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

100Mbps.

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

Last I checked the only support you can get from Kimsufi is via a forum and posting a thread. I would go with Online.net though you will find there are a lot other better game dedicated server providers out there.

• yogevyogev Member
    edited May 2017

@mtsbatalha said:

@yogev said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

100Mbps.

its all the time 100/100mbps ?

• @yogev said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@yogev said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

100Mbps.

Yes and DDoS protection is over 1Tbit based on numbers following the Mirai attacks late last year. Attacks can still be leaked especially through the internal network. However Kimsufi has much better protection than Online.net.

• cuhaoscuhaos Member

@yogev said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@yogev said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

100Mbps.

Yes you can expect to always get 100/100 on kimsufi.

Since these are game servers, latency would be a priority. If your users are primarily in USA, your better with Kimsufi in OVH BHS Canada. If Europe, online or ovh would be similar latency.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Ian_Dot_Tech said: Last I checked the only support you can get from Kimsufi is via a forum and posting a thread.

Well then you have "checked" many years ago, there is now proper ticket support for Kimsufi. Which may or may not be competent or quick-responding, but it exists.

• @Ian_Dot_Tech said:
    Last I checked the only support you can get from Kimsufi is via a forum and posting a thread. I would go with Online.net though you will find there are a lot other better game dedicated server providers out there.

Kimsufi have a ticket system... They've had it for quite a while now.

Besides - I would never suggest Online.net as the DDoS protection is utter crap and while they do have the faster support I wouldn't necessarily say it's the better support.

I'd vote Kimsufi but pick a good CPU if you're running game servers. You shouldn't need more than 100Mbps for them anyway.

• yogevyogev Member

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@yogev said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@yogev said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

100Mbps.

Yes and DDoS protection is over 1Tbit based on numbers following the Mirai attacks late last year. Attacks can still be leaked especially through the internal network. However Kimsufi has much better protection than Online.net.

@cuhaos said:

@yogev said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@yogev said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

100Mbps.

Since these are game servers, latency would be a priority. If your users are primarily in USA, your better with Kimsufi in OVH BHS Canada. If Europe, online or ovh would be similar latency.

@IThinkUFailed said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

Besides - I would never suggest Online.net as the DDoS protection is utter crap and while they do have the faster support I wouldn't necessarily say it's the better support.

I'd vote Kimsufi but pick a good CPU if you're running game servers. You shouldn't need more than 100Mbps for them anyway.

i cant use Kimsufi they not support windows

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited May 2017

@yogev said:

There are ways to install Windows via Rescue Mode.

Edit: Removed the huge quote block.

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

@IThinkUFailed said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

That's good to know, indeed it has been 2 years since I used them. It's good to see they finally got a ticket system.

• YuraYura Member

@IThinkUFailed said:

@yogev said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@yogev said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@yogev said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

100Mbps.

@cuhaos said:

@yogev said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@yogev said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

100Mbps.

@IThinkUFailed said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

I like long stairs of quotes <3

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • @yogev said:

Snipped quote

Online.net charge 20 euro for windows.

• yogevyogev Member
    edited May 2017

@IThinkUFailed said:

@yogev said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@yogev said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@yogev said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

100Mbps.

@cuhaos said:

@yogev said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@yogev said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

100Mbps.

@IThinkUFailed said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

if i install Windows they can do someting ?

• didtavdidtav Member

@Yura said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@yogev said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@yogev said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@yogev said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

100Mbps.

@cuhaos said:

@yogev said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@yogev said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

100Mbps.

@IThinkUFailed said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

I like long stairs of quotes <3

i vote for kimsufi as kimsufi satisfy my desire with their desktop processor, online.net's atom is just a no for me as it can not run my things on it. at the end of day it comes down to what you intented to run on it. desktop server = kimsufi, server server = online.net. note that kimsufi hdd is much faster than crappy hdd of online.net

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

yogev said: i cant use Kimsufi they not support windows

Linux is the way to go man. :)
    https://gameservermanagers.com/lgsm/csgoserver/

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited May 2017

Go with hetzner server auction. Also use linux for the csgo servers as windows is shit.

If you need help setting up your server with linux and get the csgo servers running send me a pm.

• I am using AWS free tier to host a single csgo server (12 slot competitive).
    A Kimsufi i5 may be enough for 3 servers.

• graphicgraphic Member

@yogev said:

what do you think ?
    Which one you recommend?

Kimsufi i5 or i7 servers.

For csgo i recommend debian 7 or 8 and the https://gameservermanagers.com/ script as @MasonR said.

It's veeeery easy to install.

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@yogev said:

what do you think ?
    Which one you recommend?

Kimsufi i5 or i7 servers.

For csgo i recommend debian 7 or 8 and the https://gameservermanagers.com/ script as @MasonR said.

It's veeeery easy to install.

Is a atom 2800 enough to launch a csgo server ? I don't wanna pay too much for those :P

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@ninzo59 said: Is a atom 2800 enough to launch a csgo server ? I don't wanna pay too much for those :P

I highly doubt it. Specs required are dependent on how many player slots you'll have, what tick rate you'll be using, game modes that the server will be running (mods, vanilla, etc.). For a 16-slot server, the very minimum I'd suggest is a CPU with a single core passmark of ~1000.

• i had recommend online.net, kimsufi is also good but online.net seems professional in terms of support and providing servers at cheap prices.

• YuraYura Member

Both.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Online are proper cunts tho. Farewell kidichere....