Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shared Hosts & Users: Is RVSiteBuilder a Preferred Product for Building Sites?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shared Hosts & Users: Is RVSiteBuilder a Preferred Product for Building Sites?

launchvpslaunchvps Member, Patron Provider
edited May 2017 in General

https://www.rvsitebuilder.com/

Is this a product web hosting customers use or request? Seems like using Wordpress or another specialized tool would be preferred.

Just trying to gauge the market on this.

Any benefits customers see using this?

Comments

• Hello,

I don't think so. RVSITEBUILDER used to be big but really fell off a couple years ago. I think for a beginner website owner, they might get it if it's included with the plan for free. If they have to pay, after a couple months they will probably drop it from the plan.

It's outdated but none the less a good option for beginners. Wouldn't hurt to offer it, but keep it on request only.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran

Doesn't cPanel has a basic sitebuilder in place? and besides everyone just uses Wordpress.

RVsitebuilder isn't really used

• rumi4rumi4 Member

If you using WP, you need good plugins and do some customisation on it?

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

I think Square Space (and similar services) took a lot of the market for Small Biz & Low Tech Hobby.

• I wouldn't say it is used as much anymore in our experience, cPanel offers their own now and the likes of WordPress are becoming increasingly more popular and offer more advanced functionality.

When we offered RvSiteBuilder it wasn't used, we withdrew it and still offer cPanels default site builder.

• hmm, it's hardly used anywhere now, in the past we used to offer rvsitebuilder but there day i think cpanel has it's own builder so it would be just a waste of money for a addon that noone uses.

• ihadpihadp Member

umm...since when does cPanel have a built in web site builder?

• LeeLee Veteran

I think I still have 2 servers with RVsitebuilder installed, old boxes, don't anyone ever used it. Trendy site builder was more popular than RV, everyone goes for WP.