Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Need Help, Configure Mailgun on cPanel/WHM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Help, Configure Mailgun on cPanel/WHM

WebiniumWebinium Member

I have a vps with WHM / cPanel.

I followed this tuto, for configured mailgun:

https://www.geeksbureau.com/2016/08/19/configure-mailgun-cpanel-exim/

When I want to send an email, I have this error message:

is message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

xxx@xxx
host smtp.mailgun.org [54.175.11.34]
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<xxx@xxx>:
535 5.7.0 Mailgun is not loving your login or password

I have configured the password and mail correctly.

Can you tell me what I do wrong?

Merci

Comments

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

You're using the SMTP login/pass on your Mailgun domain page and not your login/pass for the site, right?

Are you trying to just use the default credentials ([email protected]) or did you create new credentials?

• @MasonR said:
    You're using the SMTP login/pass on your Mailgun domain page and not your login/pass for the site, right?

Are you trying to just use the default credentials ([email protected]) or did you create new credentials?

Thank you for your help.

I used the username and password, so it's wrong!

I have a VPS with WHM / cPanel and there are about 20 domain names

Do I have to add each domain in mailgun?

Thank you

edited May 2017

@Webinium said: Do I have to add each domain in mailgun?

As long as you're sending mail from all of these domains, then yes. You'll have to add each domain and update the TXT and MX records with your DNS hoster accordingly to point to mailgun servers. When you add the domain, it'll give you instructions on the webpage on what records to add.

• WebiniumWebinium Member
    edited May 2017

@MasonR said:

@Webinium said: Do I have to add each domain in mailgun?

As long as you're sending mail from all of these domains, then yes. You'll have to add each domain and update the TXT and MX records with your DNS hoster accordingly to point to mailgun servers. When you add the domain, it'll give you instructions on the webpage on what records to add.

Thank you, I did not understand.

I have another question;

Is it possible to tell which domain will use mailgun.

For example, I have the following domain names:

abc.com

def.com

ghi.com

jkl.com

mno.com

pqr.com

I would use mailgun with jkl.com and mno.com,

is it possible ?

Because when I do a test, I have seen that each domain has a "Default SMTP Login"

How configured this in WHM?

Is it possible to use a single smtp login, for all domain names?

Thank you

If you're only using mailgun with a subset of the domains, don't set up a domain within mailgun for the ones you won't need to be sending mail from.

You should be able to create a new SMTP login for each domain, I think it's under "Manage SMTP Credentials" or something similar. You can have the user/pass match for all domains, if you wish. As for configuring this in WHM, I'm not sure as I don't have any experience using WHM/cPanel, unfortunately.

• @MasonR said:
    If you're only using mailgun with a subset of the domains, don't set up a domain within mailgun for the ones you won't need to be sending mail from.

You should be able to create a new SMTP login for each domain, I think it's under "Manage SMTP Credentials" or something similar. You can have the user/pass match for all domains, if you wish. As for configuring this in WHM, I'm not sure as I don't have any experience using WHM/cPanel, unfortunately.

I'll look with Mailchannels.

It seems simpler to configure

https://mailchannels.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200262710-Setting-up-for-cPanel

Thank you