Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
[Dev] Global Website Accessibility Tool - Feedback requested!
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

[Dev] Global Website Accessibility Tool - Feedback requested!

cloudrinocloudrino Member, Provider
edited May 2017 in General

Hello Everyone,

We have recently launched a global website accessibility tool. Here are some of the features available right now:

  1. Checks any URL from 20 locations globally.
  2. Provides loadtime/uptime status.
  3. Provides a screenshot

Here's the URL: https://heartbeats.io

It's a free tool.

Here are the features in development:

  1. API
  2. Adding 25 more regions
  3. Fixing the ugly map.
  4. Adding pointers on the map
  5. Provide actual browser load time.
  6. Making it faster.
  7. Adding ReCaptcha before tests
  8. Ability to provide report in all timezones

Here are the features currently in the pipeline:

  1. Downtime notifier
  2. IP Ping

I would appreciate your feedback, comments, suggestions and feature requests.

Cheers!

PS - Here's a sample report for LET: https://heartbeats.io/results/nkF2iN

Thanked by 1Faizi

Comments

  • saibalsaibal Member

    http://heartbeats.io is down in certain parts of the world!

    https://heartbeats.io/results/CjEBHT

    Other than that, looks promising. Why are the report times in IST?

    Thanked by 1yomero
  • cloudrinocloudrino Member, Provider

    @saibal said:
    http://heartbeats.io is down in certain parts of the world!

    https://heartbeats.io/results/CjEBHT

    Other than that, looks promising. Why are the report times in IST?

    Sorry, was uploading a change.

    Here's the latest result: https://heartbeats.io/results/5Bb60s

    Editing main post to add this on priority, giving users option to choose timezone on report page.

  • sibapersibaper Member

    Don't use per country map, there are so many ISP with different network, use your DC location instead.

    • fix your website load time before asking for tester
    • separate backend (checker script) with front end for the sake of user :D

    We only support unsupported OS!

  • kkrajkkkrajk Member

    Nice

  • cloudrinocloudrino Member, Provider

    @sibaper said:
    Don't use per country map, there are so many ISP with different network, use your DC location instead.

    • fix your website load time before asking for tester
    • separate backend (checker script) with front end for the sake of user :D

    Thank you for the feedback. Planning to use pointer/marker for DC location.

    Yes, improving speed is on the priority list. Pushing out the MVP to get feedback :)

  • cloudrinocloudrino Member, Provider

    @ez2uk said:
    Nice

    :D

  • cloudrinocloudrino Member, Provider

    @leapswitch down! Checking with their team, they assured me we'll be back in 10. Adding to feature >> HA implementation.

  • Its just down

    Make your choice on your own But i can help you to make them right.

  • cloudrinocloudrino Member, Provider

    @simonindia said:
    Its just down

    Yes :(
    Entire network of @leapswitch is down. I am constantly in touch with Ishan and his team. They're expected to be up soon. Hence added the feature to the bucket >> HA.

  • cloudrinocloudrino Member, Provider

    We're now up!

    I shall be implementing the HA setup at the earliest. :)

  • Hmm Wholesaleinternet servers down on some parts of the world?

  • sibapersibaper Member

    How many hits do you get?

    We only support unsupported OS!

  • MissFortuneMissFortune Member
    edited May 2017

    Awesome, it's like geopeeker.com

    • Screenshot from every continent maybe?

    Here's something it needs tweaking (ui-wise):

    • table { width: 100%;} maybe

    • thead { font-weight: bold;} maybe?

    • remove this jumbotron bottomCurve from homepage. It doesn't look good.

  • sanmax88sanmax88 Member
    edited May 2017

    @sibaper said:
    How many hits do you get?

    Location    Status  LoadTime
    North America   DOWN    0.48s
    South America   UP  0.83s
    Europe  UP  0.88s
    Asia    DOWN    2.5s
    Australia   DOWN    2.5s
    Africa  UP  2.21s
    
  • cloudrinocloudrino Member, Provider

    @sanmax88 said:
    Hmm Wholesaleinternet servers down on some parts of the world?

    https://heartbeats.io/results/r5jlDf

    Seems to be globally up, now. :)

  • cloudrinocloudrino Member, Provider

    @MissFortune said:
    Awesome, it's like geopeeker.com

    • Screenshot from every continent maybe?

    Here's something it needs tweaking (ui-wise):

    • table { width: 100%;} maybe

    • thead { font-weight: bold;} maybe?

    • remove this jumbotron bottomCurve from homepage. It doesn't look good.

    Thank you for the amazing feedback. I'm confused whether I should add screenshot from every continent or every PoP. What are your thoughts?

  • Looks like an extremely promising website. I really love how it checks from 20 different locations and offers a screenshot. You should add some small services, like SMS reports for uptime. :)

  • cloudrinocloudrino Member, Provider

    @UH_PeterS said:
    Looks like an extremely promising website. I really love how it checks from 20 different locations and offers a screenshot. You should add some small services, like SMS reports for uptime. :)

    Thank You. I am planning to add apps instead of SMS - both web based(thinking of chrome) and mobile based. :)

  • Nice website, I like it! Keep up the good work!

    BF/CM Grabs: 1-GeorgeDataCenter, 1-Netcup, 1-Avoro, 1-PHP-Friends, 1-Virtono, 1-AlphaVPS, 1-VirMach ($1/year!)
    Other VPS: 4-Virmachs

  • cloudrinocloudrino Member, Provider

    @risharde said:
    Nice website, I like it! Keep up the good work!

    Thank You :)

  • Looks good, but is there an issue with IPv6? One of my sites is IPv6 only and I've tried it several times on this tool and it always shows down for North America, yet to me (via NA VPN) remains accessible from there regardless.

  • mgilangmgilang Member

    thats great. but the information provide are too little.

  • Ole_JuulOle_Juul Member
    edited May 2017

    I just checked again. Once from Western US and once from Western Canada. Both locations work just fine for my test site, but heatbeats.io shows all North America as down. I have no option but to give this a bad review because it shows incorrect information.

    tl:dr doesn't work

    PS: Heartbeats got back about this and plan to fix that problem.

  • cloudrinocloudrino Member, Provider

    @Ole_Juul said:
    Looks good, but is there an issue with IPv6? One of my sites is IPv6 only and I've tried it several times on this tool and it always shows down for North America, yet to me (via NA VPN) remains accessible from there regardless.

    Hey, let me look into this on priority. Could you please share your domain name?

  • cloudrinocloudrino Member, Provider

    @mgilang said:
    thats great. but the information provide are too little.

    Please do let us know what features/information would you like added on HeartBeats Report. :)

  • cloudrino said: Hey, let me look into this on priority. Could you please share your domain name?

    Oh good, you got back here. :) Thanks. I'm thinking it's an IPv6 thing. For your reference, I've tested from home (200 miles from Vancouver Canada) and through my regular personal VPN on a server in Seattle USA. The web site in question is http://redruler.ru which is hosted in Varna Bulgaria.

  • cloudrinocloudrino Member, Provider

    @Ole_Juul said:

    cloudrino said: Hey, let me look into this on priority. Could you please share your domain name?

    Oh good, you got back here. :) Thanks. I'm thinking it's an IPv6 thing. For your reference, I've tested from home (200 miles from Vancouver Canada) and through my regular personal VPN on a server in Seattle USA. The web site in question is http://redruler.ru which is hosted in Varna Bulgaria.

    I think you're right. Thank you for sharing the domain. I am looking into this and hope to get it resolved at the earliest. Would ping you here, once this has been resolved. :)

    Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • cloudrinocloudrino Member, Provider

    @Ole_Juul said:

    cloudrino said: Hey, let me look into this on priority. Could you please share your domain name?

    Oh good, you got back here. :) Thanks. I'm thinking it's an IPv6 thing. For your reference, I've tested from home (200 miles from Vancouver Canada) and through my regular personal VPN on a server in Seattle USA. The web site in question is http://redruler.ru which is hosted in Varna Bulgaria.

    Hi Again,

    While checking at the logs, it came to my notice that this is not an IPv6 issue but a load time issue. Here's the latest report:

    https://heartbeats.io/results/khZQfJ

    HeartBeat tried to load the requested URI using curl(enabled for both IPv4 and IPv6). The default load time is 30s, if the transfer does not begin in 30 seconds, it is considered down. Please note that this is not the complete site load time, but the request for first few bytes.

    I am not sure if I should increase 30s to 60 or higher as it would impact the result load time, perhaps for sites loading slower, I can put a secondary scan in place instead of calling them down.

  • cloudrino said: I am not sure if I should increase 30s to 60 or higher as it would impact the result load time, perhaps for sites loading slower, I can put a secondary scan in place instead of calling them down.

    Hmm, that sounds like a problem. Not sure why that site loads so slowly. That's for me to figure out. :) In any case, I won't fault you for leaving it at 30s since that's probably the best choice overall in this case.

    Thanks for checking it out. :)

Sign In or Register to comment.