Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommendations for a Website Chat Client - WordPress
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommendations for a Website Chat Client - WordPress

One of my WP sites is generating enough customers that I am thinking of adding a chat client. I've had a look around googling with such terms as "best chat client for WP website." It looks like I have a lot to choose from if I'm willing to pay 20 bucks a month. Can I get some feedback here based on experience? What would you recommend and why?

Comments

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Tawk.to is pretty great

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • ElliotJElliotJ Member

Any requirements on functionality? Number of agents, Slack integration, etc?

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • Check out https://crisp.im/en/pricing/.

Better than Tawk.to TBH.

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • RadWebHostingRadWebHosting Member, Host Rep

Tawk.to is nice, but for a little more functionality, check Chatra or Live Chat

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • For free, tawk.to is amazing.

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • @varunchopra said:
    Check out https://crisp.im/en/pricing/.

Better than Tawk.to TBH.

Crisp is a nightmare on iOS

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • We don't know enough yet how we will use the chat client. Probably one agent. Must work on a WP site. All I know is that we would like to try a chat type service to see how potential customers use it.

@ElliotJ said:
    Any requirements on functionality? Number of agents, Slack integration, etc?

• I am signing up to try Tawk.to. I guess this will get us started so we can figure out what we really need. I recognize the format on the website. Quite a few providers must use this client.

• @MTUser2012 said:
    I am signing up to try Tawk.to. I guess this will get us started so we can figure out what we really need. I recognize the format on the website. Quite a few providers must use this client.

Yes, it is very popular because its free and has a good feature set.

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • I am willing to pay $15 for the first month to remove the branding. Seems like a good pricing model to me. Here is a free client so you sign up to try. BTW, if you would like to remove our branding it's only $9 a month paid yearly. I am not sure yet, so I'll do the month to month program.

@Junkless said:

@MTUser2012 said:
    I am signing up to try Tawk.to. I guess this will get us started so we can figure out what we really need. I recognize the format on the website. Quite a few providers must use this client.

Yes, it is very popular because its free and has a good feature set.

• tawk.to is good We are using it

Regards,
    CK