Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Page Speed Service or MaxCDN?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Page Speed Service or MaxCDN?

I know Page Speed Service is still now in beta (and free). But, I am confused whether I should move to MaxCDN for better CDN service. Would you recommend MaxCDN over PSS?

Comments

• I'm using PSS and it's good. Not tried maxcdn :)

• How hard to get in to PSS? How much time does it took you to get an invite?

• @Ruchirablog 2 hour and I'm just running a very small Chinese forum. :) <:-P

Thanked by 1Ruchirablog
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2013

I wouldn't recommend depending on anything from Google, that is not their primary business (i.e. search/mail/ads). Or prepare to waste time migrating away from PSS when they close it down, like they did with so many things in the past.

Also why not just use CloudFlare?

• pavspavs Member

I can definitely vouch for maxcdn, having been using them for about 3-4 years.

Very easy to setup, does push and pull. Always adding new locations. rarely goes down, has plugins for popular apps (ie wordpress), but you don't necessarily need plugins to set it up. They are also decently priced compared to other popular CDNs.

You can test cdn speed using this site: http://cloudharmony.com/speedtest

• @Ruchirablog said:
    How hard to get in to PSS? How much time does it took you to get an invite?

Less then 1 hour.

Thanked by 1Ruchirablog