Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aceshells.com trying to cancel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Aceshells.com trying to cancel

Hi guys,

Looking for a little help if possible, from everyone's view point what is an acceptable time to acknowledge a customers request to cancel.

I have two paid services with Aceshells been a customer roughy 7years I think, however it's come to a point now where I no longer require their services.

I have raised a support for each service to confirm I wish to cancel on the 12/05/2017 followed by an email on the 13/05/2017 to sales, service and admin address, however no response. And left a message on their chat 15/05/2017.

I might being impatient but I would of though I would of heard something by now.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

Are you sure they don't offer a mechanism to cancel almost every billing system allows automated cancellation, might be worth a second look.

To answer your question, unless specifically stated and agreed too. A reasonable time frame is up to the point is it due for renewal assuming you did not make a commitment for any longer than this.

Thanked by 1citrix
  • citrixcitrix Member

Yeah I was expecting to see some kind of mechanism in the pannel but I've searched high and low.

Looks like WHMCS but I can't see any cancel function.

• I think you should have no longer needed their services 524 days ago

This server could not prove that it is aceshells.com; its security certificate expired 524 days ago.

Thanked by 1citrix
  • ricardoricardo Member

I used them about 5 years ago. I see their site hasn't changed. Quite likely it's only frequented by the owner on a blue moon.

Thanked by 1citrix
  • citrixcitrix Member

Hmmm I don't want to cancel my PayPal subscription if bills are going to still come through hahahaha

• EasedEased Member, Host Rep

@citrix said:
    Hmmm I don't want to cancel my PayPal subscription if bills are going to still come through hahahaha

You'll get invoiced but not charged. Probably best to cancel the subscription before you get charged again....

• citrixcitrix Member

@Eased said:

@citrix said:

You'll get invoiced but not charged. Probably best to cancel the subscription before you get charged again....

My only worry is they would chase for payment? Not sure where I would stand.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@citrix: "You can check out any time you like, But you can never leave!" (To quote The Eagles)

Honestly, AceShells looks comatose and probably is on life support.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • EasedEased Member, Host Rep

@citrix said:
    My only worry is they would chase for payment? Not sure where I would stand.

If they're not responding to tickets, I doubt they would be chasing down non-payments.

Thanked by 2citrix Pwner
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

angstrom said: Honestly, AceShells looks comatose and probably is on life support.

Yeah, their SSL cert expired in December...of 2015...

I also love that their web page is laid out with tables.

But the OP should be able to get a quick response:

[Average ticket response time:] 40 minutes.

Thanked by 1citrix

@raindog308 said: But the OP should be able to get a quick response:

[Average ticket response time:] 40 minutes.

Hey, the average ticket response time is derived from their "Live Database Stats" -- it must be right!

Perhaps the OP should just call them ( (+44) 0800 612 7852 ) and test their 24/7 support.

• Eased said: You'll get invoiced but not charged

exact, just cancel your paypal suscription.

• RazzaRazza Member

citrix said: Looks like WHMCS but I can't see any cancel function.

>
    If it's whmcs you sould be able to cancel it via, /clientarea.php?action=cancel&id=service-id i have used a provider in the last that thought it was a smart idea to removed the cancel server link fro client area.

Thanked by 1citrix
  • citrixcitrix Member
    edited May 2017

@Razza said:

citrix said: Looks like WHMCS but I can't see any cancel function.

>
    If it's whmcs you sould be able to cancel it via, /clientarea.php?action=cancel&id=service-id i have used a provider in the last that thought it was a smart idea to removed the cancel server link fro client area.

Thanks for tip, I tried but not working :( I will try and call see what happends.

I have also found another email on their PayPal payments so I'm trying that too.

• thagoatthagoat Member

That website gives me the giggles.

Thanked by 1citrix
  • citrixcitrix Member
    edited May 2017

Wahoo all resolved :) got a response.

• tmwctmwc Member

That's good, I thought you weren't going to get a refund to be honest.Now run!

@citrix said:
    Wahoo all resolved :) got a response.

Good to hear that AceShells are still alive.

(A few years ago, I nearly signed up with them, but then I thought twice. Even back then, they didn't appear so active.)