Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did BuyVM just go down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Did BuyVM just go down?

My vps seems to be down, and so does their website...is this more fun with solusvm?

Comments

• they are down...

• Down for me. OVZ and KVM that I have in LV are both unreachable, as is manage.buyvm, and I can't connect to their IRC. Buffalo location seems fine, though.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited June 2013

is this more fun with solusvm?

No, they don't use Solus

Looks like an outage though http://buyvmstatus.com/

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

They don't use SolusVM, but yes LV seems down.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited June 2013

My VPS in NY is still up but i also can't reach their management sites.

• They have been laughing at CVPS all these days, and now table is turned...interesting...

I seriously doubt they had their servers wiped. LV has gone down completely once or twice in the past for various routing/data center issues. No doubt they'll be back shortly.

• danodano Member

Seems fiberhub may have had an issue, as I cannot reach anything I have in that colo at this time. It's a super hot day in Vegas today, and this weekend is only going to be hotter, so I hope thats not what this was about.

Fran confirmed FiberHub power issues.

• OPOP Member

And there goes my 135 days of uptime...

• Even some of the best... What happened to the UPS Backup grid and backup generator systems?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

How small/large is Fiberhub? I'm surprised that there is no thread on WHT about the outage.

• @jbiloh said:
    I'm surprised that there is no thread on WHT about the outage.

There seems to be a thread there now ;-)

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1279518

• I'm more surprised that Fran's not put anything out on Twitter yet - normally they're pretty quick at that if there are any serious issues that affect more than just a handful of nodes.

• A Shed by the sounds of it..

"14,000 square foot facility with 7000 square feet of conditioned datacenter space"
    from datacentermap

Ah, ok. Yes very small datacenter then.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I wonder what the point of getting A+B power was then if the whole place goes out..

Thanked by 1Liam
  • wdqwdq Member

My BuyVM VPS in LV is back up now.

• @Infinity said:
    I wonder what the point of getting A+B power was then if the whole place goes out..

Also, at least on supermicro boards, the A+B feeds go to the same power board introducing another point of failure.

• @DomainBop said:
    "14,000 square foot facility with 7000 square feet of conditioned datacenter space"
    from datacentermap

Yeah that is pretty small.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@Jack said:
    QPS went out too... I don't think they even have a UPS tbQh.

Fiberhub does have a UPS, and it did function. From what I've read, the UPS ran out of battery power because the generator didn't turn on because the ATS didn't work properly. I think they had to manually start the generators.

@qps said:
    Fiberhub does have a UPS, and it did function. From what I've read, the UPS ran out of battery power because the generator didn't turn on because the ATS didn't work properly. I think they had to manually start the generators.

Tough break. Stuff happens :(

How many power issues have there been at Fiberhub recently?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Depends what recently means, I can remember at least 3 other since january, but IIRC none throughout the whole facility like this one.

• marcmmarcm Member

Awesome website -> http://www.fiberhub.com/

Here's the official response:

Our facility experienced a partial utility power failure this afternoon.
    Because the failure was only partial and not a complete loss of utility power,
    our ATS system failed to automatically switch us over from battery to generator
    power. We subsequently were able to locate the issue and transferred power to
    our backup generator manually, but unfortunately our UPS system had run out of
    capacity before we could complete manual transfer. Our electrical contractors
    are on site now and are working to determine when it will be safe for us to
    return to utility power. This has also caused us to have some routing issues
    which we have our network engineer working to resolve currently.

We appreciate your patience, and are working diligently to restore 100% service.
    An RFO will be released as soon as available.

• marcmmarcm Member

@qps where did they post this? Because PHP is down on their website...

@marcm said:
    qps where did they post this? Because PHP is down on their website...

They put it in a response to a support ticket to me.

• ZenoZeno Member

nod: lv-storage04 and lv-kvm11 still down for now, but http://buyvmstatus.com/ told me it's up? ( check node:storage-lv-04 )

• FritzFritz Veteran

1 hour+ downtime.
    Hopefully they can back up ASAP.