Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting Rid of VortexNode Dedi (E3 1240v3/16gb/1TBhdd/NY) @ $23/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Getting Rid of VortexNode Dedi (E3 1240v3/16gb/1TBhdd/NY) @ $23/mo

MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

I'm letting go of a dedicated server that I have with VortexNode. I was using the server for awhile for game servers, but the network and CPUs are no longer able to keep up with my needs. I picked this server up during a sale so it is pretty cheap for the specs and if someone has a use for it, they are welcome to make an offer.

The specs are:

E3-1240v3
16GB RAM
1x1TB SATA HDD
10 TB Bandwidth
1 Gbps Port Speed
5 IPv4 Addresses
$22.72/month (recurring)
Buffalo, NY (ColoCrossing)

Benchmarks:
Geekbench: http://browser.geekbench.com/geekbench3/8230065
bench.sh: https://pastebin.com/7AedaZta

I made sure with VN support that the server can be transferred and there doesn't seem to be any transfer fee. If for some reason they do have a fee to transfer the server to you, it will be up to you to pay that fee. Will help if you already have an account with them, or if not you may be subject to an initial fraud check. Again, it's up to you to get your account created on their end before the transfer is made.
Proof of discussion w/ VN support: http://i.imgur.com/AJt8Sra.png.

Best offer takes it. Payment will be made via PayPal or Bitcoin, your choice. The next bill for the server is due on May 25th. I'll complete the transfer on Saturday, May 20th (need to migrate some things to my new box this week). If nobody wants it, I'll just let it expire.

Comments

• i have just canceled mine because of bad support, i'm glad you are looking another place.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@dedicados said:
    i have just canceled mine because of bad support, i'm glad you are looking another place.

Yeah, if I wasn't running apps where real-time low-latency traffic was necessary (i.e. game servers), I would have held on to it. But maybe someone will have a use for such a server.

• @dedicados said:
    i have just canceled mine because of bad support, i'm glad you are looking another place.

Same here. Multiple tickets requesting a reinstall. No luck so far beyond "we're looking into it". It's a pitty as the server is ok. Never expected 24/7 support and I'm not in a hurry but when it takes over a week for something basic like this imagine what it's like when you run into real issues.

• I'll take it if no one else has

• RizRiz Member
    edited May 2017

Another CC host bites the dust? Big suprise...

The only one that seems to keep up lately is @virmach

• @Riz said:
    Another CC host bites the dust? Big suprise...

The only one that seems to keep up lately is @virmach

I wouldn't say they're the average CC host. The company looks at least half decent but they gotta work on their support.for sure.

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    I'll take it if no one else has

Do you already have a VN account? If no one else makes an offer, I'll transfer it to you for free.

• @MasonR said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    I'll take it if no one else has

Do you already have a VN account? If no one else makes an offer, I'll transfer it to you for free.

I do I will pm you the email

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@MasonR said:
    I'm letting go of a dedicated server that I have with VortexNode. I was using the server for awhile for game servers, but the network and CPUs are no longer able to keep up with my needs. I picked this server up during a sale so it is pretty cheap for the specs and if someone has a use for it, they are welcome to make an offer.

The specs are:

E3-1240v3
    16GB RAM
    1x1TB SATA HDD
    10 TB Bandwidth
    1 Gbps Port Speed
    5 IPv4 Addresses
    $22.72/month (recurring)
    Buffalo, NY (ColoCrossing)

Benchmarks:
    Geekbench: http://browser.geekbench.com/geekbench3/8230065
    bench.sh: https://pastebin.com/7AedaZta

I made sure with VN support that the server can be transferred and there doesn't seem to be any transfer fee. If for some reason they do have a fee to transfer the server to you, it will be up to you to pay that fee. Will help if you already have an account with them, or if not you may be subject to an initial fraud check. Again, it's up to you to get your account created on their end before the transfer is made.
    Proof of discussion w/ VN support: http://i.imgur.com/AJt8Sra.png.

Best offer takes it. Payment will be made via PayPal or Bitcoin, your choice. The next bill for the server is due on May 25th. I'll complete the transfer on Saturday, May 20th (need to migrate some things to my new box this week). If nobody wants it, I'll just let it expire.

That hostname though! Huge Tolkien fan here :P

edited May 2017

@K4Y5 said: That hostname though! Huge Tolkien fan here :P

Hah! You caught me! I name all my VPS's and Dedi's after LOTR characters, makes it easier to remember. I've had: frodo, samwise, pippin, merry, gandalf, shadowfax, legolas, sauron, faramir, gollum, elrond, gimli, nazgul, aragorn, boromir, bilbo, and radagast (including the one's I've gotten rid of).

Christ... typing all those out, I've realized I have too many fucking servers! :P

• williewillie Member

Good price, decent server, tempted but luckily there are others ahead of me. Haven't needed much support from VN so far. Is it possible to reinstall without support involvement?

• any western coast server that you guys want to get rid of? let me know

@willie said:
    Good price, decent server, tempted but luckily there are others ahead of me. Haven't needed much support from VN so far. Is it possible to reinstall without support involvement?

I do have IPMI access to the server that was still active last time I checked, though I've never tested reinstalls or loading ISOs. Going to try to restage it myself before transfer since I'm not sure they'll do it in a reasonable amount of time.

Current offer I've received is $10 for the server, by the way.

• racksxracksx Member

@MasonR, $11 from me :)

Thanked by 1MasonR

I'll be accepting the highest offer made by 10pm EST tonight. Increments of >= $1 please, thanks all.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

$12

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • $13

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Yura said:
    Brave souls...

Maybe they just missed the recent thread ;-)

Thanked by 1Yura
  • @clouvider - I definitely did, care to fill me in? ;)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@jeromeza said:
    @clouvider - I definitely did, care to fill me in? ;)

I just spotted it.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/113701/vortexnode-down/p1 - enjoy.

Thanked by 2dedicados ElliotJ
  • @willie said:
    Is it possible to reinstall without support involvement?

>

Not with the dedis. They'll provision IPMI if you open a ticket, or at least presumably they'll provision IPMI if you open a ticket. I got tired of waiting after 28 days and canceled.

• @flatland_spider said:

@willie said:
    Is it possible to reinstall without support involvement?

>

Not with the dedis. They'll provision IPMI if you open a ticket, or at least presumably they'll provision IPMI if you open a ticket. I got tired of waiting after 28 days and canceled.

So IPMI is not 24/7? Thanks, I'll pass...

• @mtsbatalha said:

>

Nope. Just hope for no screw ups.

To be fair, they don't advertise that as part of the package. I was surprised they were willing to setup IPMI that since their KB states IPMI is for staff only and clients can schedule IP KVM console use.

Of course, their support staff could just be the raging morons I think they are.

• @flatland_spider said:

@mtsbatalha said:

>

To be fair, they don't advertise that as part of the package. I was surprised they were willing to setup IPMI that since their KB states IPMI is for staff only and clients can schedule IP KVM console use.

Of course, their support staff could just be the raging morons I think they are.

So I'll keep my E31240v3/16GB RAM/4x240GB SSD/1Gbps@30TB + IPMI 24/7 = 29USD.

Thanks!!!

@flatland_spider said:

@mtsbatalha said:

>

I was given IPMI credentials at the beginning of March (I guess when their support was still halfway decent) and it was never revoked. I guess I could just pass the info on to the next person that gets the server, if they'd like.

• @MasonR said:

@flatland_spider said:

@mtsbatalha said:

>

I was given IPMI credentials at the beginning of March (I guess when their support was still halfway decent) and it was never revoked. I guess I could just pass the info on to the next person that gets the server, if they'd like.

How much are you waiting for for transfer the server or your account with server inside?

@mtsbatalha said: How much are you waiting for for transfer the server or your account with server inside?

Not sure I understand the question, but I'll be transferring the server from my account to someone else's VortexNode account. I don't want/need any control over it.

That said, the IPMI credentials are complete separate from the VN account. And I'm not sure if they will actually do their due diligence to check for old logins when moving the server out of my account.

• @MasonR said:

@mtsbatalha said: How much are you waiting for for transfer the server or your account with server inside?

Not sure I understand the question, but I'll be transferring the server from my account to someone else's VortexNode account. I don't want/need any control over it.

That said, the IPMI credentials are complete separate from the VN account. And I'm not sure if they will actually do their due diligence to check for old logins when moving the server out of my account.

Okay, but how much money you're waiting for? VortexNode will allow the server transfer ?

@mtsbatalha said:

@MasonR said:

Okay, but how much money you're waiting for? VortexNode will allow the server transfer ?

I'm just accepting the best offer that's given by 10pm EST tonight, no matter the amount. Currently, the highest bidder is yourself, but if you don't want it then @ElliotJ has the highest bid.

And yes, I confirmed with VN support that the server could be transferred, will remain the same price, and won't have any fees. I posted a link to a screencap of the ticket for full disclosure in the original post: http://i.imgur.com/AJt8Sra.png.

This discussion has been closed.