Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Copyright-Free 128-256MB VPS Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Copyright-Free 128-256MB VPS Hosting

EdmondEdmond Member
edited May 2017 in Requests

I just need a small copyright-free VPS to host a bot that downloads music from Youtube and then streams it to a Teamspeak server for users. It does sort the downloaded music, but chances are DMCA will not be a problem anyway, just want to becareful.

I want one with 128 or 256MB of ram and 3-5GB of disk space in a location where DMCA isn't going to be a issue at all. Preferred if the price can be as low as possible, don't have a lot of money for this.

Comments

• S3phyS3phy Member
    edited May 2017

Did you ever hear the story of Darth Cociu The Provider?
    I thought not. It's not a story the WHT members would tell you. It's a LET legend. Darth Cociu was a service provider, so tempting offers and so good deals he could sell services to even the cheapest members of LET... He had such knowledge of the services and their inner works he could even make other RO providers scared for their business'.

He became so popular… the only thing he was afraid of was having a WHMCS module break, which eventually, of course, did happen. Unfortunately, he offered services to LET user and warned them the services would be manually deployed and told the to be patient. Ironic. He could sell services but was burdened with too many tickets to focus on improving the service.

Is it possible to learn what he knew? Not from any other provider

In other words, look at @cociu offers.

• Providing the teamspeak is private I see no issu running this on a normal VPS

• EdmondEdmond Member

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    Providing the teamspeak is private I see no issu running this on a normal VPS

Thought of that but want to see how much more will it cost on a location that it completely doesn't matter.

• @Edmond said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    Providing the teamspeak is private I see no issu running this on a normal VPS

Thought of that but want to see how much more will it cost on a location that it completely doesn't matter.

If you use SinusBot you can just use stream only mode?

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited May 2017

The issue is not the Musicbot or the Youtube, but instead the r4p3.net crack hes gonna use with the Teamspeak itself. The chances are, if he fails to unlist his server or is stupid enough to set the slots to <1000 (In which case every single client connected to the server will instantly dial back home with "SLOT_SUSPICION" flag), the IP-address of his server will be blacklisted or greylisted by Teamspeak, meaning nobody else will ever be able to host TS3 from the same IP unless cleared.. Ohh, and theres also the DMCA part where TS3 will send abuse mail to host in some cases if the server is popular enough or making money via donations otherwise.

@Edmond if youre looking for longterm VPS, don't leave important details out. Nobody is gonna believe that you'll use a music bot with unlicensed server or that you would pay 150€/y for a legit license when you are looking to pay pennies for 128MB VPS to run the whole thing. For many, getting DMCA is fine, but having your IPs blacklisted may not be.

• racksxracksx Member

Hi,
    Our OpenVZ Packages in Romania are free DMCA,

check http://www.rackhost.co/cart.php?gid=13 starting @ $1.5 per month.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

@stefeman said:
    the IP-address of his server will be blacklisted or greylisted by Teamspeak, meaning nobody else will ever be able to host TS3 from the same IP unless cleared..

Surprisingly I haven't had a stream of tickets "why can't anyone connect to my teamspeak server!?" recently. Either I got rid of all of the people getting the IPs blacklisted or TeamspeakUSA gave up since it took too much work to find the people. Either way probably just cost them money since the people won't buy a license anyways.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited May 2017

@MikeA said:

@stefeman said:
    the IP-address of his server will be blacklisted or greylisted by Teamspeak, meaning nobody else will ever be able to host TS3 from the same IP unless cleared..

Surprisingly I haven't had a stream of tickets "why can't anyone connect to my teamspeak server!?" recently. Either I got rid of all of the people getting the IPs blacklisted or TeamspeakUSA gave up since it took too much work to find the people. Either way probably just cost them money since the people won't buy a license anyways.

Well, from the outside is close to impossible to detect if the TS3 server is cracked or not unless you are Teamspeak employee with license/ip list or unless the admin is a complete idiot.

• Having ur server not unlisted (the setting) is good way to get detected eventually
    • Running more than 999 slots is an autoban within a week.
    • Assigning server query usergroups to local admins
    • Not limiting the license info on the public serverquery is a great way to show everyone that youre running a cracked server.
    • Using port 9987 with all this only makes people more suspicious (use TSDNS or SRV records with custom port instead).
    • And finally telling everyone about it.

Just to name a few things..

As long as the server admin avoids these, the chances are he'll never be caught for a cracked license. I have ran mine on a single IP from 2010 to 2016 with average of 75 people online at any time. I don't use r4p3.net, I paid for teamspeak.red myself as It's been longer around.

• Why pay for a cracked license when you can just get a non-profit license by sending them an email, unless they aren't doing those anymore?

• @MrObvious said:
    Why pay for a cracked license when you can just get a non-profit license by sending them an email, unless they aren't doing those anymore?

I still have a community license lol

Thanked by 1MrObvious
  • EdmondEdmond Member
    edited May 2017

@stefeman said:
    The issue is not the Musicbot or the Youtube, but instead the r4p3.net crack hes gonna use with the Teamspeak itself. The chances are, if he fails to unlist his server or is stupid enough to set the slots to <1000 (In which case every single client connected to the server will instantly dial back home with "SLOT_SUSPICION" flag), the IP-address of his server will be blacklisted or greylisted by Teamspeak, meaning nobody else will ever be able to host TS3 from the same IP unless cleared.. Ohh, and theres also the DMCA part where TS3 will send abuse mail to host in some cases if the server is popular enough or making money via donations otherwise.

@Edmond if youre looking for longterm VPS, don't leave important details out. Nobody is gonna believe that you'll use a music bot with unlicensed server or that you would pay 150€/y for a legit license when you are looking to pay pennies for 128MB VPS to run the whole thing. For many, getting DMCA is fine, but having your IPs blacklisted may not be.

Don't they allow you to run a copy without licensing it? I'm not running the Teamspeak server itself, I'm running Sinusbot but for some reason I found out the other day that even if it pulls the data and "doesn't save" it, for some reason it does with !yt command.

Unless I can get in trouble for running a server that has 32 slots, I don't think I'll get the IP blacklisted.

@S3phy said:
    Did you ever hear the story of Darth Cociu The Provider?
    I thought not. It's not a story the WHT members would tell you. It's a LET legend. Darth Cociu was a service provider, so tempting offers and so good deals he could sell services to even the cheapest members of LET... He had such knowledge of the services and their inner works he could even make other RO providers scared for their business'.

He became so popular… the only thing he was afraid of was having a WHMCS module break, which eventually, of course, did happen. Unfortunately, he offered services to LET user and warned them the services would be manually deployed and told the to be patient. Ironic. He could sell services but was burdened with too many tickets to focus on improving the service.

Is it possible to learn what he knew? Not from any other provider

In other words, look at @cociu offers.

Considered @cociu's offers but I think there's no current one open right now. Is the bandwidth issue fixed anyway?

• I run a personal Teamspeak with no license? Is there anything wrong with such?

My friend does own a community license but they need to see proof of ownership of that community

• EdmondEdmond Member

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    I run a personal Teamspeak with no license? Is there anything wrong with such?

My friend does own a community license but they need to see proof of ownership of that community

Well apparently people assume I'm going to run the Teamspeak server itself on the VPS which wasn't what I said...