Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Windows VPS (RDP)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Windows VPS (RDP)

I'm looking for a cheap Windows VPS to mess about with Windows Server 2008, I'm looking at doing my Microsoft certificates and I know Windows Server would definitely come in handy for it.

Any suggestions?

(I already looked at LET none recently)

Comments

• awsonawson Member
    edited June 2013

Amazon Spot instances

• Gerrard8Gerrard8 Member
    edited June 2013

I don't really want to use Amazon EC2... was hoping for something with set pricing.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2013
  • gizzvngizzvn Member

@Gerrard8: Check your PM if u want to deal with me :P

• i can help you if you :)

• fapvpsfapvps Member

If you have your own licence we can setup Windows server 2k8 on our Dual Core KVM plan for you.

• bluevm is highly recommend bring your own license

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited June 2013

I've used ThrustVPS in the past, I think they're about $15 per month for a VPS with 1 GB RAM. They include Windows Server 2008 at no extra cost. BurstNET also offer Windows VPS for a bit cheaper, but I've heard very mixed reviews about their service.

BuyVM offer Windows on their KVM service, but it costs more than ThrustVPS and BurstNET ($20 per month for a plan with 1 GB RAM).

I'd suggest running on at least 1 GB RAM for Windows Server 2008.

• I think I am entitled to a free licence being a student, however I'm sure they stopped thes a few months back.

I only want to spend about $10

• @Gerrard8 send me a PM, i got some Windows Server licences left which i don't use

• @Gerrard8 said:
    I think I am entitled to a free licence being a student, however I'm sure they stopped thes a few months back.

I only want to spend about $10

They stopped WebsiteSpark. Being a student you should have access to DreamSpark, which if I'm not mistaken is still active. (I have both WebsiteSpark and BizSpark)

• @Bogdacutuu said:
    They stopped WebsiteSpark. Being a student you should have access to DreamSpark, which if I'm not mistaken is still active. (I have both WebsiteSpark and BizSpark)

Done

• @Bogdacutuu said:

They used to offer Licences for Windows 7 etc... I believe they stopped as last time I looked I seen no licence keys for Windows 7 etc

• What you get depends on the university and country.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2013

@FtpIt_Radi said:
    DewlanceVPS :D

:>

We provide Windows VPS with 4x Virtual CPU, Windows License(Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2008(32BIT or 64BIT) and Windows 2003 r2(32bit or 64bit)

512mb ram
    3 location

Price: $12/m