Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Management Panel (custom)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server Management Panel (custom)

Hey dear LET'ers,

How you all doing?

NOTE: THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE A COMPETITOR TO SOLUDVM OR VIRTUALIZOR
This custom panel is being made for a hosting service.

I have seen some providers with custom control panels to manage virtual servers sold to clients and since then I have been working on my own panel for an upcoming product. Its been almost two months and now we have some great achievements. Most stuff are done and its taking time because we want to ensure stability.

We have KVM implemented, and may implement OpenVZ aswell.

We are using QEMU/KVM.

We have the known regular commands added:

• Boot
  • Shutdown
  • Reboot

Along with:

• Reinstall system
  • Reset root password
  • Console Access

Custom graphs for usage:

• CPU (not the best but being worked on still)
  • Bandwidth
  • Disk Usage (same as CPU, still being worked on)

A small monitoring system hosted externally but configurable from the panel.

I was thinking about adding storage blocks, however, the idea is still being thinked about. We are doing some tests with external storing to make sure it works correctly.

Now to my questions,

What are the features you would like to see ? What should be done differently than current used panels (SolusVM, Virtualizor, DigitalOceans panel, Linodes panel, etc..)

This is probably not as advanced as DO or Linode' Panel, but having a look at them for features difference should be correct I guess.

Thanks in advance for all your inputs,
PrestigeWS.

Comments

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@PrestigeWS, iso uploads, switching IPs between VPSes and most importantly backup!

Thanked by 1PrestigeWS
  • @vmhaus said:
    @PrestigeWS, iso uploads, switching IPs between VPSes and most importantly backup!

Oups, forgot to mention: Backups are also being implemented and almost finished off.

Thanks for the other two suggestions: ISO Upload and IP Switching. Will definitely get them integrated aswell!

• Anyone else has anything to say ? :)